PayPal Alternative

DigitalPixel

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For anyone that is selling D3 gold or other sales and wants to cut down on the PayPal fees, you might check out Dwolla. Like PayPal, it requires both users to have an account, but the fees are more friendly. Transactions under $10 are free and anything above $10 is just $0.25.

Learn more about Dwolla.

I don't work for dwolla or make money from this, just wanted to throw this out for anyone interested.

Can you use them with your D3 deposit?

I went through a month of drama with Dwolla.

Cashed in some bitcoins with them. They require you to have a US bank account, so used my wives. Log in, click withdraw, put in amount, close dwolla. I check a week later, and find out they charged me the withdraw amount rather than putting the money in my bank account. Alright, withdraw means take money to your dwolla account, rather than withdraw to your bank account.

So I log back in, and now transfer double the money back to the US bank account. This flags my account and they then freeze my account for fraud as my ip was coming from Australia. After two weeks and 10+ emails arguing with them and proving I am owner of account and them telling me I can not use the service because I'm not in the US they finally released my money.

I was not happy with the service. Only alternatives I consider are western union (Fees are through the roof) and google checkout.

Dwolla also caused Tradehill to go under with their deceptive practices. You are no safer with Dwolla than you are with Paypal. I'd consider it the devil you know vs the devil you don't

wwcc40.jpg