Notepad++ syntax and style

jetta44

Reaction score
I know there's a really good macroquest notepad++ syntax file with all of the syntax highlighting already worked out, etc. Anyone willing to either link a copy of their current notepad++ userDefineLang.xml file, or a link to where folks are currently pulling it from? I can't seem to find it and just rebuilt a new PC.

I know there's a really good macroquest notepad++ syntax file with all of the syntax highlighting already worked out, etc. Anyone willing to either link a copy of their current notepad++ userDefineLang.xml file, or a link to where folks are currently pulling it from? I can't seem to find it and just rebuilt a new PC.

Chat has a good one, he was nice enough to help me setup.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks guys. I actually knew about that one but it's not quite full highlighting. Out of the box when I used it a lot of things were funky colors. I must have found the one I was using elsewhere. It was really robust, separating out much more than just what MQ's does here.

Anyways, if I get mine tweaked up perfect I'll toss the XML here for others to use.

Thanks,

Mine depends on a nice dark background which can be a pita to setup. As Cabjra showed it does the syntax highlighting, but also has the functions window fully enabled. I'll update a how to with some screenshots for colors of the bracket highlighting and other color settings.

Below is a link to a video. Ignore my ranting. Also that was like my 4th attempt at the video. My wife walked in and started talking on attempt 2. After telling her I was recording a video she decided it was time to go outside of my office and play with the dogs and yell etc to get them to come inside. Then I had forgot I was in a discord voice chat with a group of people and some asshole was apparently eating chips and wasn't using push to talk. Etc the list goes on. So this is what you get. Just try to mimic the color settings near the end, rest of the shit is fluff.
Dropbox - MQ2Lang.flv

For the functionList.xml file, you will need to go to your appdata folder by hitting start and typing %appdata% and then pressing enter.

It will open your C:\Users\ComputersUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming folder where you should be able to scroll down and select Notepad++ folder. Inside that folder should be a "functionList.xml" file that you will overwrite by putting this copy into your folder to get the effect of my functionList as shown in the video.

Bet the Wiki doesn't have that.

Attachments

• NP++MQ2Lang.xml
    5.6 KB · Views: 19
  • functionList.xml
    57.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: