Question New Laptop and New EQBC setup

Tewgn

Reaction score
Hey guys. Its been years and i mean years on setting up my desktop computer with all the fun programs needed with EQ and for the bots i have.

My main question is. Since i have this new laptop and i will be using it for mobile gaming, what is the best way to go about it and setting it up. I know for the home base computer i used the router settings to set it up. But since I will be on the move a lot so i can keep my bots up and going and i can see them from time to time. I honestly at a loss when i read the wiki about understanding to set it up again.

Its been years and I mean years. So any advice I can get as I reread all the crap I have forgotten over the years would be very much appreciated!

New Laptop:

ASUS ROG GL502VM-DS74 15.6" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 128 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

Thanks!

For a home network you should not need to mess with your router.

If you are on the road and want to check on bots you have running on your home computer then you will likely need to configure your router to allow the laptop to establish a connection to your EQBCS server.

First. Make sure things work on your home network.

Then google "port forwarding" for your router.

That and make a script where the "Bots" will @do commands from another account. =)

Hey guys. Its been years and i mean years on setting up my desktop computer with all the fun programs needed with EQ and for the bots i have.

My main question is. Since i have this new laptop and i will be using it for mobile gaming, what is the best way to go about it and setting it up. I know for the home base computer i used the router settings to set it up. But since I will be on the move a lot so i can keep my bots up and going and i can see them from time to time. I honestly at a loss when i read the wiki about understanding to set it up again.

Its been years and I mean years. So any advice I can get as I reread all the crap I have forgotten over the years would be very much appreciated!

New Laptop:

ASUS ROG GL502VM-DS74 15.6" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 128 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

Thanks!

Nice I just purchased an acer predator 17 that has the same specs but is 17.3" and I put 64GBs of DDR4 in it.

You should be able to connect to your eqbc server from the outside. If your router has upnp enabled that should be easy enough. You should be able to /bccmd connect ip:portnumber from outside of your network.

Sweet laptop man, and thank you all for the info!

I am still messing with the ports! Should be ok though :OP

How many boxes can you comfortably run on that laptop?

I'm looking for a laptop I can squeeze 12 boxes on.

I have an Asus with same or similar specs, I'm not sure if it is the same exact model. I have had 14+ running on it before.

Ive done a 6 bot crew all with half video settings and 25mb download speed for internet connection, with no problems. This setup on the laptop running 10x better than my desktop. I am still very surprised with the results!