Question Worth levelling/gearing old toons or get new ones?

Quackanator

Reaction score
Hey folks, I havent played in around two close to three years and the itch to play struck. A few question game related (I'll save the MQ ones for later as I notice most of my bots are no longer functional lol) Asking as some toons have done progression and are in raid gear from previous expansions but might be useless now. Most toons are 100 and close to all the useful AA selected as of RoF (with some Cotf AA)

Question2: Is it worth levelling old toons and flagging them through existing expansion or just skipping to latest expansion?

Question 2: Is it worth keeping my box set up or has someclass got nerfed to hell or whatever?

Question 3: Has the gold/silver membership thing changed anything? I used to have my tanks as Gold membership but the casters often I could drop to silver and the would still function perfectly well.

Set up 1 War/Bard/Ceric [War is in some Raid CotF, Bard in some raid CotF, Cleric in Group CotF]
Set up 2 Sk/Sham/Mag [SK is in raid RoF, Sham is in Raid VoA, Mag in CotF Group]
Out of group stuff for heals/DS/Whatever Cleric/Sham/Mage 100 only up to VoA

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: EQDAB
any of the gear will be obsolete at 106 you can buy conflagrant gear which is 4500-4700.

Id just level to 110 and get t1 TOV gear and start AAing from there.

Old expansion content TBM through TBL is worth going through if you want the important Hero Fortitude/Resolution/Vitality gains to stats, there's also nifty big bags from achievements, stat illusions, mounts, stat familiars, and also unlocks the ability to evolve some rare gear.

So that all depends if that stuff is worth it to you or if you want to just play casually :)

I agree with what William12 said as well, keep your old raid toons and re-gear with ToV T1 at 110 (tradeable, faded snowbound iirc)

So on a similar note. I have come back for like the 5th time now (can never seem to stay away), and I am out of the loop. I have different options for group (bot).
Player 1-Pali, rogue or bard
Player 2-mage,wiz,ranger or shammy
Player 3-Zerker or SK
Player 4-chanter, monk or necro
Player 5-Merc
Player 6-Merc
All chars are around 75-85 catching up not an issue. And which 2 accounts would you do gold on? Thanks in advance

I am in a similar situation- My little team of 4- Warrior, Beasty,Necro, and Cleric are all at 105 and at the time had maxxed their aa's.
What would be the best route to level to 110. I left during the 24th expansion

Last edited:
I am in a similar situation- My little team of 4- Warrior, Beasty,Necro, and Cleric are all at 105 and at the time had maxxed their aa's.
What would be the best route to level to 110. I left during the 24th expansion

I'd say either grinding or going through progression. That box crew set-up should be able to get you through most of it.

I joined the coming back for the X time train recently too.

My favorite groups:

Warrior
Bard
Zerker
Zerker
Beast/shaman -- depends on if you need the extra heals
Cleric

SK
Bard
Mag
Enc
Wiz/druid -- depends on if you need the extra heals
Cleric

Hey folks, I havent played in around two close to three years and the itch to play struck. A few question game related (I'll save the MQ ones for later as I notice most of my bots are no longer functional lol) Asking as some toons have done progression and are in raid gear from previous expansions but might be useless now. Most toons are 100 and close to all the useful AA selected as of RoF (with some Cotf AA)

Question2: Is it worth levelling old toons and flagging them through existing expansion or just skipping to latest expansion?

Question 2: Is it worth keeping my box set up or has someclass got nerfed to hell or whatever?

Question 3: Has the gold/silver membership thing changed anything? I used to have my tanks as Gold membership but the casters often I could drop to silver and the would still function perfectly well.

Set up 1 War/Bard/Ceric [War is in some Raid CotF, Bard in some raid CotF, Cleric in Group CotF]
Set up 2 Sk/Sham/Mag [SK is in raid RoF, Sham is in Raid VoA, Mag in CotF Group]
Out of group stuff for heals/DS/Whatever Cleric/Sham/Mage 100 only up to VoA

Thanks in advance.

First welcome back ( again) secondly I agree with Williams assessment. Should be quick to get to 110 and go ToV T1

How did this process turn out? I'm asking because now I'm making a comeback from the CoTF era just about where OP was with his crew.

Anything you would improve on? Anything you would skip?
Where did you grind/level on the way to 110?

Welcome back to you, as well.

Fast way to make a new character.
1. Heroic to 85
2. Put in your fellowship and share xp.
3. When capped go to RoS zones and get 10% a kill. You will be 92 in 30 min once your Fellowship XP wears off. Do not use potions with this... It's a waste and you cap the xp per kill with just fellowship.
4. XP Potion for 6 hours get to 110 - Depends on how fast you kill
5. Run ToV Missions to get to 112/113
6. Grind out to 114
7. Gather every collection you can for 2% per set and collect to 115.. You can start this at 113 if you have a stock pile.

• Love
Addition to above:
Double xp weekends make this faster.
I stop at 105 to do the TOV missions and just grind post 111 while I'm farming gear for them. This also lets me get the feel for the new character.

takes 2 days or so to get to 115 from heroic, 2 more days to get most useful AA
thats with a fast paced grp going nuts grinding, no dble xp and no vitality (w either or both of those things its insane, like william12 can do cross fellowship xp feeding 24 7)

• Love