New Expansion

Yeah, my Rogues and Bards have tons of illusion items, almost none of which I actually use. I can't even imagine having a use for 50 illusion slots. But I'm sure there are folks who'll find that useful.

The livestream starts in about 90 mins so I'm hoping they'll actually give more detail than their glorified Powerpoint presentation on YouTube.

$139 for the max version is really high. I certainly won't purchase that for my alts. A big MAYBE for my main, & then standard for everybody else probably 4 or 5.

what in the world is worth 140$? im not seeing it... to have a bigger illusion key?

IMO they are getting a little too greedy. I suppose if that's what it takes to stay in business, it costs what it costs, but I would think they would make more money by keeping it cheaper - more people would buy it, offsetting the lower price.

Of course, I don't know that for sure, but based on what online gaming economy is like, and historical prices for EQ expansions & additions, it's just really surprising to me. $140? I was like WTF.

They are also showing that by linking everything, even if you DO pay out the nose for expansion, to the fucking store. Illusion 'slots'? Come on... and not only that, it's not by account, it's by CHARACTER on the account.

There is no way in hell I'd do that, in fact, if I get it at all, I am going to get the cheap version and to hell with the crappy shit they are trying to bleed people for.

This ain't LoL, where kids pay $$$ for nothing other than skins to 'look cooler'.

My 2c. :)

htw

I found it funny they are forcing sales by making you pre-order to get into beta. That forces all the guilds who will be beta-testing raids to pre-order?? If so, that is going to be the best beta test they've had for an expansion!

Last year it was cutting off giving out the expansion to test server people when the expansion went live. Which killed off the Test server population.

I found it funny they are forcing sales by making you pre-order to get into beta. That forces all the guilds who will be beta-testing raids to pre-order?? If so, that is going to be the best beta test they've had for an expansion!

Last year it was cutting off giving out the expansion to test server people when the expansion went live. Which killed off the Test server population.

anyone in a top guild would of preordered anyway and I think anyone who was going to preorder before today is still going to after today. It is what it is. They do not have the resources of wow.

So is preordering the only way to get into beta or will they still randomly select people?

anyone in a top guild would of preordered anyway and I think anyone who was going to preorder before today is still going to after today. It is what it is. They do not have the resources of wow.
While I respect your opinion, you are stating opinion/assumption as fact. Also, based on the overall general feel from watching the chat during the stream, I would venture to guess the opposite. Well, other than the clunky guild they are always in bed with.

htw

So is preordering the only way to get into beta or will they still randomly select people?

They seemed to indicate that preordering was it. When they went on about how high end guilds are better at following instructions and how they [high end guilds] don't mind doing the same broken encounter 50 times until they (the devs) figure out where and why a script isn't executing properly. They said just letting people in willy nilly is counterproductive. With high end guilds, they don't have to waste time "herding cats" and can just get down to testing.

I'm figuring they know the high end guilds will all preorder en masse (like they always do) so there's no need to do outside invites.

mq2

I heard her mention mq2 I think she said MQ2 folks. Is that a bad thing ?

tbh I don't blame them saying high end guilds will get first crack at the raids. Majority of the high end guilds are well organized, they have the gear, the people and the strategic mentality to know how certain raids are done instead of the others who just steal strats from them.

I'd like to hear more about new spells and AA's. There was mention of this at some point earlier but not a word now.

I'd like to hear more about new spells and AA's. There was mention of this at some point earlier but not a word now.

When? The only mention to new spells I heard was when they kept saying Dzarn was working on new AAs and when Aristo was describing the new "progressive" spell that would be "powerful and useful". Something about it gaining power and usefulness as you progress through the expansion. I didn't hear anything even approaching specific (oh, the spell would be 'based on a class's role'). That was my problem with the whole stream. They basically said nothing except 'look at the skellie wearing bright clothing' and 'aw, the cat is following you' (like that's unusual for a familiar). People wanted details and all Aristo (the spell & items guy) could say is, "Oooo, look over there!".:rolleyes: Oh and how JChan is trying to build a Bentley out of Datsun parts on the technical side.

hope the warrior one steals hp and ac from knights around them =P

Just watched that stream. What a fucking waste of time.

75% of that stream had nothing to do with the expansion. They made this grand announcement a week ago, and most of the discussion was all over the place.

They spent a good bit of the time talking about cats, WTF!? Who the fuck gives a fuck about pixel cats. And I hate to see how much resource time was spent making those shit ass cats and their animations.

Then they went off and talked about TLP servers and the no-box servers, again nothing to do with the expansion.

And when they couldn't think of anything to talk about, they went back to cats or Roshen holding up a piece of paper in front of the stream, oh hey guys the pre-order starts today or referencing the date of the expansion going live.

Hardly any discussion on new spells, AAs, tradeskills, or group content.

How the fuck do you make an announcement a week ahead, and not prepare for what you want to say to your customers.

Just watched that stream. What a fucking waste of time.

75% of that stream had nothing to do with the expansion. They made this grand announcement a week ago, and most of the discussion was all over the place.

They spent a good bit of the time talking about cats, WTF!? Who the fuck gives a fuck about pixel cats. And I hate to see how much resource time was spent making those shit ass cats and their animations.

Then they went off and talked about TLP servers and the no-box servers, again nothing to do with the expansion.

And when they couldn't think of anything to talk about, they went back to cats or Roshen holding up a piece of paper in front of the stream, oh hey guys the pre-order starts today or referencing the date of the expansion going live.

Hardly any discussion on new spells, AAs, tradeskills, or group content.

How the fuck do you make an announcement a week ahead, and not prepare for what you want to say to your customers.

I agree, they were all over the fucking place, and hardly even touched on the expansion except a few smart ass snide remarks at the player base..
{paraphrasing} will they be powerful or useful? "they will be powerful or useful at least one of the 2" what will be the difference between raid and group currency" one will be for raids one will be for groups" I agree these were stupidly worded questions, however there was alot of good questions that they completely ignored, and all they wanted to do it talk to Tom about cats and pants.... It seems like everyone there just had a shit ass time and wanted to project that on everyone else based on how they were only picking shit to respond to that was retarded and they were dumping shit ass attitudes on everything , That was crap, and more crap , and I actually wasted my time thinking they were going to get in the zone anytime now and give me what I was waiting for ( news that was worth a shit about the new expansion they want me to buy,, something to entice me to buy it,, and don't even get me started on the extra$50 for a goddamn Lion mount(WTF, you greedy fucks) This random babbling and time of shit ass remarks that lead nowhere only leads me to believe they have nothing worth a shit to sell us................