.NET Framework - Unhandled Exception

mcsethanon

Reaction score
When I start MQ2, I get a Microsoft .NET Framework error.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue...
The specified service does not exist as an installed service (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070424).

If I click Continue, I get this. MMOLoader Configuration
prvjC

Any assistance?

Wow. I have all kinds of permission errors from that WMI diag, which is strange because I'm logged in as an administrator. I'll try and get to the bottom of that and reply. Thanks.

Wow. I have all kinds of permission errors from that WMI diag, which is strange because I'm logged in as an administrator. I'll try and get to the bottom of that and reply. Thanks.

These days being logged in as an admin and running a program as an admin are two different things. Have you tried right click and run as admin?

I will be more specific.

After downloading wmidiag.exe, when you run it, it asks where to extract it. Put it somewhere you can find the files easily, such as C:\Temp or whatever - there are only 3 files.

Now open a cmd prompt elevated to administrator privs. Search cmd.exe, right click , run as administrator (or right-click, more, run as administrator), or right click flag button and run one, whichever method you like best.

cd to where you extracted the files. e.g.: cd \temp

Most likely you have wscript as the default scripting engine, so in order to see the output, you want cscript. In the directory you extracted the files to and cd'd to in cmd prompt, type:

cscript wmidiag.vbs

It should run for you.

At the end, it will tell you the filenames for the report, statistics, and log.

Open up the log and take a look through.

htw

It looks like Comodo Antivirus was creating all kinds of problems. I uninstalled that and MMOBugs fired right up.