Two dev questions

pikipiki

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am progressing on the merc macro suite, it's been very handy for both x2 auto (along a GD instance macro in and out) and to do hunter camps, I also started to add the logic to add customized item clicks ... I've found two small 'hurdles' I was able to work around but I am still curious about:

1st is there any way to know if a spell buff goes to the shortbuff window or the stardard buff window ? I've browsed even the headers of MQ2 and it seems a lot of spell fields are included even baseX, maxY, SPA etc etc but the 'shortbuff' spell field listed in lucy or eqresource is nowhere to be seen so when I have to check for a item click buff I have to check both me.song and me.buff

2nd when I macro (it also happens with mq2bot and even manual client handling) click items sometimes the client doesnt get the click item cooldown greyed out and it keeps trying to click it (as said it happens also with /bot) as mq2 reports the item timer to be zero as if it was not on cooldown, is there any other way to get the real item cooldown timer as it seems mq2 is reading it from the client and the client has not the right info (when you try to manual, macro or /bot click the item it will not work as server will blindly discard it as it seems to know the 'real' cooldown timer). The same thing happens often on duration discs (CA) that when you switch zone with the button at 25% (as example) you pop at the new zone with it blank as if no cooldown was up, and mq2 timer does report the timer to be 0, then if you manually click the button it rightfully appears with the 25% cooldown left

Bonus question: is there any way get the info of the the -real- name a spell buff will have on song or spell window? 95% of times it's the same name of the spell itself, but there are exceptions ... and I dont mean many AA where the spell cast correlations are more or less clearly stated. For a dum example clr 'Circle of Divinity' which buff goes to song window and gets the name 'Divinity Effect: Permanent' ... for spells is manageable 'harcoded way' but for click items is not really a proper workaround

Reactions: EQDAB