Need some advice

Bevo

Reaction score
Heya... I recently came back (missed last 2 expansions)... I am on Mayong and have leveld up:
82 Bard (J4 Fighter Merc)
82 Shaman (J4 Healer Merc)
82 Mage (J4 Healer Merc)

I am in full elaborate and a few random drops here and there... obviously I am getting worked over with some of the new expansion MOB's... so my question is this:

With just my group, what do you guys reccomend I focus on to gear up:

1. Quests? If so, what zone and quests? Should I do Sof, SoD, TBS?
2. Or should I find named MOB's in zones? If so what zones and nameds should I camp?
3. Should I get to 85 and then worry about gearing up?

I know it is very noob stuff, I just have no clue. I have only focused on leveling.

Thanks in advance!

I'd say go for farming Seminal/Medial essences and other Misc T3/4 gear in Field of Bone and Rathe themes.

I'd recommend you do the classic monster missions. You can't take your mercs with you, but you can three box it fine. I'd choose an SK, necro and cleric as the classes to play. The necro can do just about everything solo when I play one and I suck playing a necro.

The group gear from the mission merchant is supposedly on par with T3 SoD armour. I think you get 2 brews (the currancy used to buy the gear......appearntly SOE is full of alcoholics ) per succesful missions completeion, but I could be wrong. Each mission ends with you looting a treasure chest that will have one gear in it. Figure out if you want to use the gear and even if ther is something slightly better for the same slot on the merchant, I'd seriously consider making do because you will sell that item back to the merchant for 5 brews, but the gear cost between 14 brews and 21 brews and really the gear here are stepping stones to either T4/T5 SoD gear or whatever Underfoot comes out with.

And of course listen to the general channels for rot gear in SoD. I imagine there isn't too much of that on Mayong and when there is, probably lots go running for it.

You shouldnt jump right into mobs that are wacking tanks for 3-5k. You should work your way up, it will take time but it will give you a feel of the higher hard hitting mobs. I would do the MM's then go from there to the SoD group stuff. Beware unless you can box the void progression upgrades will be hard to come by.

That's true, probably less headaches with competition if you do MMs, plus your current gear means nothing when it comes to completing them.

I do have J4 Mercs (paid for someone to do it).. so doesnt that mean I have void progression of some sort?

It means you either have all but Rathe theme completed and can get into Void D OR they just did the FoS Theme and and you're Void B flagged OR something in between.