Navigation help please

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
is there a command i am missing? For MQ2Navigation, I created, built, saved mesh and it is in my folder as ZONENAME.bin however when i hit load or save or /nav anything it says no mesh file it cannot function and then it says MQ2 Navigation stopping..

I have doen /nav,,/navigate , /nav load, etc

Is it saying no starting point or something (which message exactly)?

htw

When you say "it's in my folder", do you mean your MQ2 folder? If so, that's the problem. The mesh needs to be in a specific folder.

\MQ2\MQ2Navigation\

As soon as i type:
/nav it says [MQ2Navigation] Stopping
/nav load is says [MQ2Navigation] loading... then immediately [MQ2Navigation] Stopping

When I try to put it in my mac bot in puller as nav it says:

MQ2Navigation:: Preparing E:\Live\MQ2Navigation\ZONE NAME.ncr
MQ2Navigation:: NoMMOBugs .ncr file trying to use E:\Live\MQ2Navigation\ZONE NAME.bin instead
MQ2Navigation:: Failed to load mesh file (ZONENAME)

Then it says again same thing

MQ2Navigation:: NoMMOBugs .ncr file trying to use E:\Live\MQ2Navigation\ZONE NAME.bin instead

[MQ2] mesh not created for this zone MQ2Navigation pulling cannot function
[MQ2] pulling method=nav cannot be usedMQ2Navigation must be loaded and a mesh must be created..

It means that your bin/mesh file is not in the correct folder. Put it in the MQ2Navigation folder and it should load it.

I have had the same issue. I have never been able to get it to work. And yes the mesh files are in the folder the .exe file puts them when t creates the mesh

I thought it had to do with this being a lifetime program

Last edited:

Implies the file is either named incorrectly or placed incorrectly.

Here are some old meshes if you want to do some testing with old nav mesh files to see if that helps.

I would suggest making your own though if you can get it to work, as there has been some changes to how meshes are generated since those were created, so ones you create yourself should in theory be more reliable.

this is where it has been the whole time

E:\Live\MQ2Navigation\MQ2Navigation

is the problem that is it doubled?

this is where it has been the whole time

E:\Live\MQ2Navigation\MQ2Navigation

is the problem that is it doubled?

I believe that's your problem, and that I had that problem at first too. Copy your meshes to the first folder and see if they load.

Nothing wrong with it being doubled, as long as the plugin recognizes the right folder. I have it doubled for some reason as well. Everytime I create a mesh it seems to go into the last sub directory, which I assume is your issue too.

If the plugin recognizes the previous directory, you can just copy/paste from the last sub-directory (the one which the exe is creating meshes too), and put it in the previous sub directory. That's what I've been doing atleast.

I have been messing with this all night. No matter where I go the same thing happens.. ! time I thought I finally had success and then it abruptly ended.

I have gone to zones that have the .ncr file and come back to zones i created on .bin file.

I can get the mesh to load every time with no troubles anymore, however.

[MQ2Navigation] Stopping is all that I ever see, every single /nav command instantly gives the Stopping message.

a number of times I would load it and it would go insane and try to take me to a mob across the zone until I would CTD.

I changed nothing but it stopped doing that .

1 time I got it to allow me to /add camp name, then /stopcamp,, then /startcamp name.. it actually pulled something(it was the last mob I added that was still on target, but it acted like ti was going to work, it responded finally, but then it went right back to standing there doing nothing and not letting me load camp or add mobs or anything like that....

I would love for this to work, so much so I have been at it all night.. Is there anything I can link that would make it easy for someone to see what I am doing wrong?

Ultimately I want to use this in conjunction with /mac bot, however I have tried it with and without and the result is the same each time..
Here is my pulling section if that will help at all
Code:
[Pulling]
AlertListClear=TRUE
AlertListClearTimer=15m
AmIPuller=TRUE
PullRadius=1400
PullZRadius=50
PullCastRange=200
MQ2NavPullRadius=2000
MQ2NavPullZRadius=50
ReturnActionTotal=0
ReturnAction1=
PullConColor=LIGHT BLUE,BLUE,WHITE,YELLOW
CourseCorrectionTimer=5
PrePullSkillName=
PrePullSkillGem=
PrePullSkillDelay=
PrePullSkillReuse=
PullingMethod=standard
PullingAnnounceCMD=NULL
PullingTotal=1
PullAtMyHPs=75
PullSkillName1=Boastful Bellow
PullSkillRequiresLineOfSight1=TRUE
PullSkillDistance1=
PullSkillSummon1=
PullSkillName2=
PullSkillRequiresLineOfSight2=TRUE
PullSkillDistance2=
PullSkillSummon2=

I have tried every combination of #s for
PullRadius=1400
PullZRadius=50
PullCastRange=200
MQ2NavPullRadius=2000
MQ2NavPullZRadius=50
From 300-2k and from 20-90 for the zradiuses.

for pulling method I have used nav,standard,hunt,and seek. The only one I get any results with is standard however it too is short lived before i stand there doing nothing.

I have tried without /mac bot loaded, but still wasn't getting anywhere

Last edited:
So the weirdest thing. I have been banging my head against the keys here over the MQ2Navigation... I have trying like hell to set it up on my bard.. There is no rhyme or reason as to why but i can hit addcamp name 100 times and then out of the blue it'll go through, and itll start letting me add mobs, but then when i stop camp , all the mobs go to my inio, then i do /startcamp name and nothing however if i reload /mac bot , it'll take and it starts pulling the last mob i added ,, then it stops again and I have to keep doing /mac bot and startcamp name and eventually it'll take a gain and do 1 mob..

Anyways so I just now did it on my SK.. /addcamp name (FIRST time it worked)

The problem is I want the bard to pull,,, any clue why this will work on the bard randomly, but on the sk every time?

Here is as far as i have gotten.. I can make a camp with my SK np,, then I do/mac bot on my bard (wont work unless I do it this way) and as it is loading mac bot I have to type /startcamp name.. it works but it only pulls a couple then it goes batshit crazy spamming my mq2 window that it is trying to nav to a campfire or a corpse or a mob that cannot attack... then if I manually click a mob on my map , it will right itself and go pull that mob. once that mob is dead it either goes nuts again or it stops pulling all together until i loot a corpse as soon as i loot a corpse while i have loot window open it tries to start pulling again and it targets a campfire, or something else that it cant move to so once again it goes crazy spamming my mq2window and does not work until i manually click a mob in map..

I feel I am getting closer to having this work properly .

Is there anyone that is seeing this and able to tell what is going on that could help correct me please?