MQ2Slave

TheSilentOne

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have some source code for MQ2 Source that will accept /commands from a Defined Master in all chat channels??

IE: /gs /gu /tell /say

I know there is a post on the board with /tell but I do not see one that takes commands from the other channels..

Would be nice, because I could make a single hot button for all my toons to /hidecorpse all

Or... /stand /sit..

Thanks in advance.

personally I use mq2events do do this all my toons join a PVT channel and can use events to do stuff like that. I use it for my oshit button /gtfo sends gtfo to my channel and mq2events reads that and executes a /succor on my toons. its not as secure as eqbc because its not encrypted and could be intercepted by a GM if they really wanted. but it works

Code:
[cfade]
trigger=#1# tells blablabla:8, 'GTFO#2#
command=/succor

personally I use mq2events do do this all my toons join a PVT channel and can use events to do stuff like that. I use it for my oshit button /gtfo sends gtfo to my channel and mq2events reads that and executes a /succor on my toons. its not as secure as eqbc because its not encrypted and could be intercepted by a GM if they really wanted. but it works

Code:
[cfade]
trigger=#1# tells blablabla:8, 'GTFO#2#
command=/succor

EQBC is not encrypted, but is safer because the communication does not use the game's server. EQBC would be my choice for this sort of thing.

It took me a while to decide to start using EQBC thinking my current setup is working well enough via tells and the EQ chat channels. The difference is pretty subtle and very powerful.

As someone said, the chat commands don't have the computer -> sony -> computer round trip so its safer for you and its also much faster.

The real strength is that with EQBC you can use MQ2NetBots to bounce your groups vital status around which makes writing powerful macros easier. While you may not be into that yet its nice to get heading down that path now.

isnt netbots hosed still (kills eqbc)?

There are some troubles where the EQBC server can get messed up. I think most of the issues have been corrected. Before I quit last year I was hosting raids with friends and we'd have 18 to 24 characters connected to my chat server for hours at a time. I do remember going into Netbots and tweaking something but don't recall what.

There are some troubles where the EQBC server can get messed up. I think most of the issues have been corrected. Before I quit last year I was hosting raids with friends and we'd have 18 to 24 characters connected to my chat server for hours at a time. I do remember going into Netbots and tweaking something but don't recall what.

Ya, the EQBC server still sucks and enjoys crashing. With say 10 or more people connected with netbots running it tends to crash. Also, if you have people connecting to netbots from the outside (WAN) then if they go LD it will often lock up the server for 5 minutes or so.

isnt netbots hosed still (kills eqbc)?

Can you even use netbots without EQBC? I thought EQBC was required for netbots. So this question is kinda pointless. Since it would be an upgrade in 2 ways if you could use EQBC + netbots. But you can still just use EQBC

As I said above I had it working pretty well for me. If anyone wants help getting EQBCS + NetBots working I'll go digging into what I'm using and we can compare versions.