MQ2PortalSetter

DigitalPixel

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
MQ2PortalSetter

Plugin to set the guild portal with a two clicks, on the portal merchant and the place you want to go.

6869d1414799501-mq2portalsetter-screenshot.png

Details:
This plugin doesn't currently have any commands. When you browse the Portal Merchant in the guild hall the MQ2PortalSetter window will automatically open. Click on the name of the zone you want to set the portal and the plugin handles the rest.

Source: https://github.com/digitalpixel/MQ2PortalSetter

Instructions:
1. Download MQ2PortalSetter.dll.
4. Download MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml to (Your MacroQuest2 Folder)\uifiles\default.
3. /plugin mq2portalsetter
4. Reload your UI.
5. Visit the portal merchant in your guild hall.

Changelog:

October 31, 2014 6:45 PM
------------------------

* Fix issue where wrong Katta Castrum stone was chosen.
* Added new button for Katta Castrum: Deluge.

July 19, 2014 3:20 PM
---------------------

* Change in guild hall detection from id based to name based.

June 5, 2014 4:07 AM
--------------------

* Add support for additional guild halls

June 5, 2014 12:45 AM
---------------------

* Fix plugin to work in all guild hall zones

May 18, 2014 9:40 AM
--------------------

* Change window to show up on top of all other windows.
* Fix issue where the portal window opened when you first logged in.

May 17 2014 5:35 AM
-------------------

* Initial Release

Last edited:
I setup something via a macro. Nice job doing it via a plugin and custom UI.

I don't play much anymore but wanted to say thanks for the plugin. I also had a idea maybe you can add the lvl ranges for those zones on the ui also for moons like me who have not played in a long time

This is pretty cool. Thank you. Not that it's hard to do but I hate looking through my inventory for the damn piece to turn in to change the portal. Many Thanks.

I'm trying to understand what I'm doing right.

I follow the steps, tried it and still do not get that window. I tried it on another computer and same results

Verified the UI file is in the MQ2\UIFiles\Default folder. Moved the plugin into the main folder. Loaded the plugin.

It asked that a reload of the UI was needed. I reloaded it and tried it and didnt work. I tried it on default UI to see if it was my UI causing issues and still same results.

Anything i'm missing?

I thought I was messing up as well till I moved my inventory window and this was behind it. By default it was in the top left corner. That where your inventory is?

Thanks for the awesome responses everyone. I hope you're enjoying it. I just uploaded a new version to address a couple issue, the new dll is on the first post. Also linked source if you like code that makes your eyes bleed.

--------------------

Thanks for the awesome responses everyone. I hope you're enjoying it. I just uploaded a new version to address a couple issue, the new dll is on the first post. Also linked source if you like code that makes your eyes bleed.

--------------------

You cool with me adding this to our release for people?

htw

Ok thanks man, all added, will be in further releases of zip/installer. It is available on patch server at this time.

- Added MQ2PortalSetter.dll to patcher / installer.
- Added MQUI_PortalSetterWindow.xml to patcher/installer.
- Added entry for MQ2PluginMan
- Added entry for loader plugin config
- Added entry for MMOBugs Home Page listing
- Added wiki plugin listing entry (wiki not made yet): Listing = http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/Plugin_List Plugin = MQ2PortalSetter - MMOBugs Wiki

Thanks much for sharing!

htw

What could it be, works on my other 3 toons, but just not on 1 toon.

I checked and moved pop up windows to make sure this is not hidding behind, but no luck.

Can't seem to get it to work either, plugin is loaded, moved every window but this window just doesn't seem to pop up.

Any other suggestions?

For you having trouble, please follow these steps so that I may help you:

1. Download the macro attached to this post
  2. Make sure the plugin is loaded
  3. Reload your UI
  4. Stand close to the portal merchant and open the merchant window
  5. Run /mac portalsetterdebug
  6. Post the macro output

I found it is important where you stand relative to the portal merchant. Try to move around to see if that will fix the problem.

I found it is important where you stand relative to the portal merchant. Try to move around to see if that will fix the problem.
If you tell him a distance that works, he can pop a /stick or /moveto mdist in there.