MQ2EQBC Question

McNukkah

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a friend who used his domain name for eqbc...allowing basically anyone who knew the server info etc. to connect to his web domain.

Does anyone know how I'd set that kind of thing up? I am clueless on this one.

Are you wanting to set it up on a different computer than what you use mq2 on?

The easiest way to do that would be to download mq2 on the computer, right click the MMOLoader icon, and under options go to EQBCS.

Whatever port you use, go into your router settings (usually either 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1) and forward the port EQBCS is using to the computer you are using to run the server on.

Now anyone who is running MQ2EQBC should be able to /bccmd connect (your external ip) (port number) (password)

a

I currently use it network wide on two comps, and I've set it up where people could use my actual ip address.

What I'm talking about is other people using a domain name to connect to the eqbc server. I think it is done via dynamic DNS.

All I remember is connecting to this guy's eqbc server and having to put in a domain name and a pw, as opposed to a ip address.

You would have to use a dynamic dns name, like dyndns.org, or buy a domain, then set the IP address for the domain to your current IP address. If you IP address changes, you would have to update your DNS record.

thanky

Word thanks.

Was on the right path at least with DDNS.

Will continue to read up.

Thanks again.