MQ2 Detection Thread

SOE stopped using soulmarks a long time ago. They just make a note on the players account based on the PID#. Whether or not that transfers is a good question. I doubt it does though.

it makes a difference with my friend because he wants to duel box and if he hast to spend an extra $50 to keep his main, then he can't afford to buy new account to duel box.

considering, in order to transfer, you need to have same expansions, and he has all expansions on the main, adds up to alot.

Anniversary edition is $20 for all expansions so if you transfer from one account to a new one, thats what $70 for that one, and another $20 for a new account to start his dual box? $90 isn't that big of a deal IMHO.

A character can be moved from to another without fear of the new account being marked right out of the gate. Characters used to be soulmarked, not accounts but they changed that policy a while ago I think and just flagged accounts.

Anniversary edition is $20 for all expansions so if you transfer from one account to a new one, thats what $70 for that one, and another $20 for a new account to start his dual box? $90 isn't that big of a deal IMHO.

A character can be moved from to another without fear of the new account being marked right out of the gate. Characters used to be soulmarked, not accounts but they changed that policy a while ago I think and just flagged accounts.

I don't think the toon is old enough to be soulmarked, but I think my friend now has to consider if the risk is worth taking, or losing a few no drop items and starting over.

Power leveling is kind of boring, but he could power level his replacement toon before starting over or just make the mq flagged account a slave till it gets banned.

MQ2MMOBugs deals with this issue. This is no longer in effect.

Since MQ2MMOBugs is not included in the current compile, is this a problem?

(sorry if there was a post on this elsewhere)

There was a post in lifetime section, but probably should answer it here. If you are only running the plugins included in our release it is not a problem.

Thanks, I wanted to make sure i wasn't lacking the foil hat :p

Strange...

It would seem to me, just based on what I have read so far, that even Magelo would cause a flag. Is that the case?

It would seem to me, just based on what I have read so far, that even Magelo would cause a flag. Is that the case?

I've never looked at what magelo does, but if it detours the right functions or calls the right functions, it is possible. mq2mmobugs.dll blocks every detection we have found whether we need to or not, the mq2 team blocks the detections you would encounter if you only call things they define. The compile as it stands does not (to my knowledge) call anything outside the standard mq2 defines.

sorry wrong thread :(

Last edited: