MQ doesn't inject into EQ

gindo

Reaction score
New install of Windows 7. I did all the updates and while installing MMOBugs it hit a snag installing vc_redist.x64. Although it hit that error it still installed but of course there were issues. I tried installing manually and it continued to snag at the same spot. I decided to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and that fixed the problem installing vc_redist.x64 but then I still was getting an error AFTER mmobugs was started and I started EQ, stating that a dll (MSVCP140.dll) was missing. I downloaded the 64 bit version (my os is 64 bit) .dll and plopped it in SysWOW64 folder and that made the error go away, but despite the fact that everything starts up with no errors macroquest will not inject. Any idea what the problem may be and how to possibly fix it?

I have tried to Reinject and that does not work and Injection is set to enabled.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd try removing all .NET Frameworks via add/remove programs, and reinstall them.

They should all be in windows update.

I just had one single .NET (it is a fresh install) and it was 4.5 which I uninstalled and reinstalled. Didn't work =/ Willing to try whatever and see if anyone has any ideas, otherwise I guess I'll just do another fresh install

Can I generate a log file?

Last edited:
I just had one single .NET (it is a fresh install) and it was 4.5 which I uninstalled and reinstalled. Didn't work =/ Willing to try whatever and see if anyone has any ideas, otherwise I guess I'll just do another fresh install

Can I generate a log file?
Start MMOLoader and log in. Start an EQ session, and directly after that, right-click MMOLoader icon, and select Send Debug Report. Select the checkbox at bottom left of window that says: Include Last 30 Event Log Entries, in the box below "In the box below..." type in w/e, like "won't inject". Then click the Send Report button.

If your a/v f/w isn't blocking shit, then it'll upload a report and I can look through it and see if I can see the issue.

You can also see some of the event entries for loader by right-click MMOLoader tray icon, and then click View Debug Log

htw

I would also like to point out that the VC2015 redist, you installing 64 bit, won't help. Sure, you have a 64 bit OS, but plenty of 32 bit apps - which loader & MQ2 are 32 bit.

It is REQUIRED that you install the 32 bit version of the redist.

As far as .net, it's just .net, so you don't specify 32/64. Redist for VC++ (Visual Studio), then you indeed need 32 bit installed.

htw

That was the problem, it was the 32 bit redist that errored out and I manually installed only the 64 bit. Once I installed 2015 32 bit redist everything worked fine.
Thanks HTW!