MQNext for EQEmulator Won't Inject

Fixxer

Reaction score
Hi again,

I am currently using ROF2a on an EMU server and reported an issue with MQ2Bot, but the fix was posted in an MQNext version, and not the one that I use. I tried downloading and installing the new MQNext version suggested in the other thread, but it won't inject. Any advice on what I might be missing that is causing this problem?

MMOLoader only does the login stuff for plugin use with next (emu, live, test). It launches macroquest.exe, I would make sure that's running, and your plugins are in the right location (mq2main.dll in the main MQ dir, and others in plugins subdir).

When I hold the cursor over the Macroquest icon in the system tray, it shows "MacroQuest [Dec 12 2023 (Live)]... Oddly, the new installation has no MQ2Main.dll file. Are we supposed to download that separate or does the new version not use that file? Or are we supposed to drop this version into our current folder?

your playing on emu with a live mq compile. get the emu compile

I'll look again for the correct link. I thought I had downloaded it from the links within the EQEMU forum...

Using the "PREFERRED" link:

That's the correct link. I downloaded the installer as well as the zip, and they both have (or install) MQ2Main.dll in the main MQ directory. Perhaps your a/v deleted it or something?

Edit: FWIW, he is correct though that if you have macroquest.exe running in tray and it says live, that's the wrong one. Make sure you've exited out of mmoloader and macroquest in tray, and then run mmoloader in the MQ dir for your ROF2 install. When you hover over either icon in the tray, it will indicate it's for emu.

I went through and downloaded it again, and it is working now. Somehow I got mixed up. Thanks.