MOGS - Should I be worried?

seductive_words

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So I got part of my order, waited around for about an hour and decided to contact their "live support".
You are now chatting with Jon renuart
Jon: Welcome to Live Help, how may I help you? Please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mogscom We update our page daily with Coupons, Promos, Gaming News and much more. It is by far the best way to keep up with everything Mogs.
Jon: heya
Jon: can I have your order number please?
*****: *****
Jon: lemme pull that up
*****: aight
Jon: checkin with the delivery team on stock
Jon: at this moment in time I don't have a gamer on with stock. As soon as we get word in on stock we'll notify you and work to get that out to you.
*****: So what you are telling me is that you don't have the gold?
*****: Is that correct?
*****: Hello?
*****: Hello?....

I'd definately do a charge back. That has to be a scam. That is, of course, that's the whole conversation. I'm not saying it's not the whole thing but to me, it looks like you been scammed.

This is why I stopped buying from sites. They just don't operate the same as they used to.

They'll happily say they've stock and take your money, even say a 30 min delivery guarantee, but then when you got to customer service, they act like dumb shits.

If you used a credit card, I would do a charge back on them. They're dicking you around.

Don't do a charge back or anything, at least not yet. They likely will give you your gold but they just gotta wait to get some in stock.

Is it WoW gold?

I've bought from MOGs quite a few times. I've never had issues with them. Not trying to say nothing's happened, just saying my experiences.

It doesn't take them long to actually get stock, so it's not always a scam. While it's not ethical for them to advertise stock when they don't have it, some do it by order, farm it, then deliver it within 24 hours. In my experience I usually give them 24 hours then chargeback after I harass them and threaten them repeatedly :p

You guys do understand the reason they no longer keep stock is because the rate of banning the sites stock accounts. Now the farmers get to you directly. You put in the request and as soon as a supplier comes online that can fill it they do. Or they fill what they can while another supplier may finish up the order.

You guys should really get an idea on how this works before flipping out and screaming scam.

MOGS is one of the better sites to deal with.

my mate has loads of gold how much are you wanting to buy and ill let you know the price, pm me if you like.

I only ever buy from a site if they have live support. And when I always do the same thing. I open up a live chat support, I ask them specifically if they have the currency on my server. If they say yes, I tell them I am going to place the order. I make it, then instantly send them the order code. Only once have I not received it immediately, I had to wait 25 mins.

However, the reason I received mine was because I never ordered more than 20-50k plat (Everquest)... In WoW I never purchased gold because I could farm 20k gold in a day :p

I only ever buy from a site if they have live support. And when I always do the same thing. I open up a live chat support, I ask them specifically if they have the currency on my server. If they say yes, I tell them I am going to place the order. I make it, then instantly send them the order code. Only once have I not received it immediately, I had to wait 25 mins.

However, the reason I received mine was because I never ordered more than 20-50k plat (Everquest)... In WoW I never purchased gold because I could farm 20k gold in a day :p

That's what I usually do. Sometimes you can weasel a 2% (!) coupon code. A few times still though I got shafted. They said they had the gold "readily available" and when I placed the order, they immediately had trouble with their suppliers. At this point I'll usually follow up with them every 30 mins or so until I do receive the total, or they send something partial and intend to follow up with remainder over the next 24h.

Some of these sites are just fly-by-night anymore, giving the legit ones a bad name and making them harder to find.

It
You guys do understand the reason they no longer keep stock is because the rate of banning the sites stock accounts. Now the farmers get to you directly. You put in the request and as soon as a supplier comes online that can fill it they do. Or they fill what they can while another supplier may finish up the order.

You guys should really get an idea on how this works before flipping out and screaming scam.

MOGS is one of the better sites to deal with.

I don't think any one is flipping out, more so inquiring. Knowing how it works or not, it's a legit question.

was not meaning you. I was referring to everyone screaming charge back.

WoW currency is handled way different then eq initially was. Now more and more eq sites are going to 0 inventory but vendors who fill as it comes in based on stock they have or farming it. Most good sites have vendor for every server with a good 40-50k in stock and can make that in a day if its larger.

The reason for this is it causes less loss of profits while still being able to generate a good turn around.

Most of the good gold sites for wow use a ticket system. Once you pick up the ticket it gets posted for the vendors and they can then fill that order directly to you They are then compensated from the gold site.

knowing how they are doing it to a degree helps to understand what time restraints may be into effect.

MOGs for example say you are on hellscream Hord you place an order for 100k gold.

They then create your ticket and it gets posted in the vendor section 100k gold as an order. They can partially fill it or fully fill the order. Now when those orders are placed for vendors. MOGs has it set up so that it will alert them via SMS text / email / aim / msn / icq if they choose. So they can attempt to get to a pc and fill the order.

If you have not received your currency in 24 hours at that point. You should start to raise some questions and pester them for a refund or your order filled.

Update - I did get the rest of my gold this afternoon. Didn't have to say any thing really, soon as i loged on to their hey I'm online link i got a tell about 10 min later. It was 60k so it was a some what large amount, so I'll have to say they did well by me.

Good to hear things worked out like they should.

So how do you become one of these vendors? It's prolly pennies that you actually make unless you are somehow able to farm mass amounts of gold, but seems like a pretty easy way to make some money.

So how do you become one of these vendors? It's prolly pennies that you actually make unless you are somehow able to farm mass amounts of gold, but seems like a pretty easy way to make some money.

best way to become a vendor is to just ask as far as pay you normaly get 50 persent