MMOBUGS Launcher failing repeatedly

Baked

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I go to log in 10mins ago, click my mmobugs for UF emu launcher, i get my tray icon saying logining into mmobugs, then the bubble, and the tray icon vanish. rinse repeat, same result, reboot, same, played lastnight np....
No mmobug running in processes like it should be...

This is on 4 xp comps and 1 vista and 1 win7.

Please help, cant play on emu without my 10 toons boting :eek:

Last edited:
htw did push another release, might try updating.

Edit: wait, live or emu? If EMU you're in the wrong section. Secondly, who still uses XP? C'mon...

htw did push another release, might try updating.

Edit: wait, live or emu? If EMU you're in the wrong section. Secondly, who still uses XP? C'mon...

The loader updates itself doesnt it? wasnt that part of why we have to use it? (that and to stop shareing of compiles for free)

I said UF emu in my post.
How am I to know this is an emu specific issue? the loader runs for all compiles...

I run 7 xp comps, new windows OS's suck ass, except that they have multicores and more ram, they use way more resources, and are a total pita to use and customize, cant stand them, even if I could afford them (I cant atm)

I guess its a good thing I didnt say I was using win98, the best OS ever made, you might have lit me on fire lol

Now can I get any actual help with this issue please? work got canceled and im trying to get some stuff done while i have time but noway i can play on emu with 1 toon.

If a new release was pushed out it looks like something in the loader got broke, but im just guessing since im a novice coder on my best day.

Thank you

EMU related compile problems go in the EMU section. Allow me to move it.

Try reinstalling, bout the best I can think of off the top of my head if you've already rebooted. Also, check for updates by right clicking loader etc.

EMU related compile problems go in the EMU section. Allow me to move it.

Try reinstalling, bout the best I can think of off the top of my head if you've already rebooted. Also, check for updates by right clicking loader etc.

UPDATE:

I ran my eqlive mmobugs loader incase that would correct the isse, it did update files, but no change in the UF emu loader. Still crashes before even logging into mmobugs.

I cannot right click the loader because it won't finish loading to give me something to click on. Also redownloaded the UF compile, no change.

Thanks for moving my post, sorry I really didnt know it was emu specific being a loader issue. That being said lets see how long this takes to get addressed seeing as this section rarely gets used.

PS. Kod I got nothing against you, I know your only the mod and cant really fix anything, but as you might have felt in my reposonse to you, i'm getting tired of asking for help/issues on this site and getting blown off, or waiting hours or days for a response from some one who can address the issue.

PSS. Just a heads up to those that care, if this behavior continues I will have to take my business elsewhere, I mean I cant even get help on simple macro writing questions, and alot of the people on this site with senority are entirely to disrespecful and rude, and get away with it day in and day out.

I have been a paying member here off and on (depending when im playing eq, I wont play eq without mq2) for a several years now, your product is grade A when it works, but customer service is more important to me, and there is a SERIOUS lack of help, support, comon curtesy, and respect here, that can and has driven people away to other competing sites.

I admit I have not tried any other website for mq2 compiles (and this may be common there aswell for all I know) but everytime I come here for help or questions I feel like its time to take my money and leave, I really doubt this is the type of feeling you want to inspire in your customer base.

You guys can get mad ect, I don't really care, the truth often hurts. It's time some one spoke up about the situation, I hope you take this into consideration, I did not have these feelings in the begining when I joined here, but it has steadliy gone down hill and I felt its time to lay the cards on the table.

Last edited:
PS. Kod I got nothing against you, I know your only the mod and cant really fix anything, but as you might have felt in my reposonse to you, i'm getting tired of asking for help/issues on this site and getting blown off, or waiting hours or days for a response from some one who can address the issue.

PSS. Just a heads up to those that care, if this behavior continues I will have to take my business elsewhere, I mean I cant even get help on simple macro writing questions, and alot of the people on this site with senority are entirely to disrespecful and rude, and get away with it day in and day out.

I have been a paying member here off and on (depending when im playing eq, I wont play eq without mq2) for a several years now, your product is grade A when it works, but customer service is more important to me, and there is a SERIOUS lack of help, support, comon curtesy, and respect here, that can and has driven people away to other competing sites.

I admit I have not tried any other website for mq2 compiles (and this may be common there aswell for all I know) but everytime I come here for help or questions I feel like its time to take my money and leave, I really doubt this is the type of feeling you want to inspire in your customer base.

First, this site does not really SUPPORT EMU server compiles. HTW/Fry released it BECAUSE the ground floor is already done from before. It is way low on priority for anyone on the Dev staff.

In case you failed to realize, LIVE EQ just did some major patching, so the people who pay for REAL MQ2 get priority. Failure to realize this is your own fault.

Second, in all the time I have been here, I have NEVER seen HTW blow anyone off when they made an accurate post with problems. Maybe you should go work 5-6 days a week for 10+ hours, come home to see crying little bitches like you freaking out because something doesn't work. Specially when its an EMU server compile that is not really a main feature here.

Third, MMOBugs has lack of CS? Seriously? At this point it is really hard to keep my big boy pants on and not call you just about every name I can think of that goes with moron.

Only people who I have ever really seen make issues on this site about CS or anything really are scammers and cry babies. What one are you?

Last edited:
Well, I'll reply and break this down for you and you're not going to like it and you're going to reply and complain, but this will be my last post on the issue.

Firstly, htw does the EMU compile to be nice. He doesn't have to do it and he doesn't even play on it so he has no reason to do it. He does it as a courtesy to members who have asked for it. The support is the same for it as the live compile is as he can support it. All posts on the boards in all sections get checked quite regularly so that's not the issue.

Quite frankly the issue is you. Your post history is often demanding, inflammatory (in a strangely polite passive-aggressive way), condescending, and less than productive manner that turns off the rest of the community. People help people who deserve to be helped and go out of their way to help people who are nice, polite, generous, and are generally good posters/people. Your post history leads others who might have a fix other than htw who works and sleeps strange schedules that don't bend to your every whim. Yes it sucks that things aren't working for you - and I do hope they get fixed, but the way you come about with remarks such as:

That being said lets see how long this takes to get addressed seeing as this section rarely gets used.

really piss people off that might have been able to help you. It makes them not want to help you.

I'll be honest - no one gives a flying fuck that you've been a paying member here for years. We have a horde of users who pay that don't even play live or EMU - they're here for the community and that's their prerogative. While this is a form of a business, you should know by now how things run and what to expect. If you can't grasp at least that, then feel free to take your business elsewhere. I wish you luck in doing so.

The truth doesn't hurt dude, it just hinders your ability to get any help with your problem because of your attitude. Take it or leave it, there's "the hard truth" for you.

Don't speak that of which you do not know. It's an arrogance that you don't carry well. If you feel that way, take your business elsewhere.

Originally posted by Jimjohnson
Typical bullshit from the same asshat as ussual.

Took you long enough......jackasshat

I pay to be involved here like everyone else, I use eqlive, and now emu. If i'm going to get less customer service because im playing emu now, then I expect a lower fee :eek:

Jim, you dont even work here. why open your big mouth? Just go crawl back into your deushebag where you belong, in all my years here you have been nothing but a bully and total peice of human trash.

Its not YOUR money so you dont care, but you have driven so many people away from this site with your bullying and disgracefull atitude if this was my business id ban you and your whole gene pool for life.

Now shut the fuck up for once in your sorry life, unless you have something useful to contribute about my issue.

I will now go back to ignoring you as i have for the last several years, I will not allow you to ruin my request for help any further.

dealwithit.gif

Originally posted by Jimjohnson
Typical bullshit from the same asshat as ussual.

Took you long enough......jackasshat

I pay to be involved here like everyone else, I use eqlive, and now emu. If i'm going to get less customer service because im playing emu now, then I expect a lower fee :eek:

Jim, you dont even work here. why open your big mouth? Just go crawl back into your deushebag where you belong, in all my years here you have been nothing but a bully and total peice of human trash.

Its not YOUR money so you dont care, but you have driven so many people away from this site with your bullying and disgracefull atitude if this was my business id ban you and your whole gene pool for life.

Now shut the fuck up for once in your sorry life, unless you have something useful to contribute about my issue.

I will now go back to ignoring you as i have for the last several years, I will not allow you to ruin my request for help any further.

I could probably help you have fixed your issue, but you sir. Well I may be disliked by some. But you are hated by far more.

If you notice I was somewhat polite to you. Yet all you do is be rude and unpleasant. I do not think you have ever contributed anything to this site besides amusement of being a tool, and feeding some trolls like myself.

Saddly you seem to not understand this is a USER driven site, while we have a Dev team. Most of the information comes from the USERS. If you stop pissing in everyone's wheaties, man the fuck up and acted civil. You might get help.

If I had issues, I would post, and in a few hours I am sure someone would reply with something useful in the direction I needed to go.

You post, rarely(thankfully) and people just want to flame you for being a dick.

I wonder why? Maybe ask yourself this, before you feed us more.

Now, as for ruin your request for help. You do that just fine without any assistance.

PS. True I do not get paid by MMOBugs, but its my home in a way. I don't need to receive money to help those that deserve to be helped. Its called being a contributing member of a community.

Last edited:
Ok enough is enough, if you want help. Post and wait like everyone else. Don't bitch about it. If you don't like it, leave. End of story.

Hopefully we can get this fixed for ya as soon as possible.

Go ahead and say i'm pushing customers out but i'm not. Others understand that we don't have a programmer on retainer to sit here 24/7 to help everyone. If we did, our monthly cost would be no where near as affordable as it is.

so all in all, lets just wait for constructive responses rather than. "your an asshole"/ " your a dumbass" comments.

Ok enough is enough, if you want help. Post and wait like everyone else. Don't bitch about it. If you don't like it, leave. End of story.

Hopefully we can get this fixed for ya as soon as possible.

Go ahead and say i'm pushing customers out but i'm not. Others understand that we don't have a programmer on retainer to sit here 24/7 to help everyone. If we did, our monthly cost would be no where near as cheap as it is.

so all in all, lets just wait for constructive responses rather than. "your an asshole"/ " your a dumbass" comments.

but i am hungry!

Well, I'll reply and break this down for you and you're not going to like it and you're going to reply and complain, but this will be my last post on the issue.

Firstly, htw does the EMU compile to be nice. He doesn't have to do it and he doesn't even play on it so he has no reason to do it. He does it as a courtesy to members who have asked for it. The support is the same for it as the live compile is as he can support it. All posts on the boards in all sections get checked quite regularly so that's not the issue.

Quite frankly the issue is you. Your post history is often demanding, inflammatory (in a strangely polite passive-aggressive way), condescending, and less than productive manner that turns off the rest of the community. People help people who deserve to be helped and go out of their way to help people who are nice, polite, generous, and are generally good posters/people. Your post history leads others who might have a fix other than htw who works and sleeps strange schedules that don't bend to your every whim. Yes it sucks that things aren't working for you - and I do hope they get fixed, but the way you come about with remarks such as:

That being said lets see how long this takes to get addressed seeing as this section rarely gets used.

really piss people off that might have been able to help you. It makes them not want to help you.

I'll be honest - no one gives a flying fuck that you've been a paying member here for years. We have a horde of users who pay that don't even play live or EMU - they're here for the community and that's their prerogative. While this is a form of a business, you should know by now how things run and what to expect. If you can't grasp at least that, then feel free to take your business elsewhere. I wish you luck in doing so.

The truth doesn't hurt dude, it just hinders your ability to get any help with your problem because of your attitude. Take it or leave it, there's "the hard truth" for you.

Don't speak that of which you do not know. It's an arrogance that you don't carry well. If you feel that way, take your business elsewhere.

Alright Kod, you went ahead and stepped in it so here it is.

I pay to be here, this is a place of business, period.

I get abused, disrespected, ignored and treated like shit by you and alot of the senior jerks that reside here.

Since day 3 if not before.

As a paying customer whether you like it or not, i am entitled to a certain level of respect and support, or should I call my attorney general and have him forward a letter to Fry about business practice and obligations so he can read it to you?

When I post for help, im frustrated because I can't do anything about it, and need help from the folks I PAY for that help.

Whether my posts come across disgruntled or not is irrelivent, i gues you never get mad at a company when they screw up or mistreat you huh?

I try to be nice to the people here, but time and time again its the same bullshit, and jimasshat is the poster child of the problem, he should have been banned for life years ago for the way he talks to everyone.

I do now how things work here, and its a joke. You treat your customers like shit, allow your dogs like jimasshat to run free tearing up all the good you do here, and them blame the customer for being upset with your utter and total lack of profesionalism.

I'm sorry if HTW works to much, I know the feeling ive been there and I work hard for my barely middle class living to. But from this side of the screen thats not my problem, thats the owner of this websites problem, its his job to provide the support required to sell a product to the masses.

If i'm not paying for emu support, then kindly refund my subs for the last 5+ months, and I will continue to use it for free. Also take all emu data off the paid side and post it to the free section, or remove it entirely.

I thank you kod for trying to help me with my issues, Even though its not your job. I am sorry we don't agree on how a paying customer of a business is to be treated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fry if your reading this I will be writing you a letter to go over these issues in greater detail with you, in the hopes that you are the good person you seem to be when I have spoken with you before. Perhaps we can resolve this without it having to get any more out of control.

In the mean time I will no longer recommend this site to anyone, especially since im tired of the response of people saying the same things I am about how you treat people here, and then defending you all out of some sick sense of loyalty.

I will not address this topic again with anyone other then Fry, or the leagal owner of this site.

I will now patiently wait for some REAL assistance with the product I paid for.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Fry if your reading this I will be writing you a letter to go over these issues in greater detail with you, in the hopes that you are the good person you seem to be when I have spoken with you before. Perhaps we can resolve this without it having to get any more out of control.

In the mean time I will no longer recommend this site to anyone, especially since im tired of the response of people saying the same things I am about how you treat people here, and then defending you all out of some sick sense of loyalty.

I will not address this topic again with anyone other then Fry, or the leagal owner of this site.

I will now patiently wait for some REAL assistance with the product I paid for.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

You do realize that a business has the right to refuse service? You might want to do a little more shit house lawyer research before you start threatening to send the AG on someone.

L O L

For every 10 flames you find on these forums from me, you will find 20 posts helping people. So before you try to make this about me or anyone else.

Do yourself a favor. Look at yourself. How would you want to initially react if you had to put up with your stupid ass every day? Oh wait you do. No wonder you are more bitter then I am.

Last edited:
I play with the UF install just like baked and it seems to be doing it for me too.

Could it be failing authentication? The application loads and then tries to log on and then the application just disappears from the task-bar.

Hope this helps troubleshoots the issue.

I have tried to download and re-install the loader.

Thanks, guys.

I play with the UF install just like baked and it seems to be doing it for me too.

Could it be failing authentication? The application loads and then tries to log on and then the application just disappears from the task-bar.

Hope this helps troubleshoots the issue.

I have tried to download and re-install the loader.

Thanks, guys.

It is getting looked at. Someone will post when its figured out. If Baked took the time and effort to make halfway decent post like yours. He would have gotten a better response.

You do realize that a business has the right to refuse service? You might want to do a little more shit house lawyer research before you start threatening to send the AG on someone.

L O L

For every 10 flames you find on these forums from me, you will find 20 posts helping people. So before you try to make this about me or anyone else.

Do yourself a favor. Look at yourself. How would you want to initially react if you had to put up with your stupid ass every day? Oh wait you do. No wonder you are more bitter then I am.

My name is Kkthnx, and i approve this message.