MMOLoader: Updates, Comments, Discussion, and FAQ

Is there a way for me to launch the loader without scanning for updates? Command line switch or something?
I typically control distribution to the other computers I use via dropbox and it's always annoyed me cancelling update messages until I'm ready.

Is there a way for me to launch the loader without scanning for updates? Command line switch or something?
I typically control distribution to the other computers I use via dropbox and it's always annoyed me cancelling update messages until I'm ready.
Yes, I coded it to use same switch as eqgame, so you can run: MMOLoader.exe patchme

htw

I could have sworn I read this entire thread looking for it - did multiple searches but got so many hits.

Just did a search for patchme and found the answer I was originally looking for :(
With the patchme switch, the notification still says it is checking for updates, even though it is not.

Last edited:
When using the patchme option to bypass checking, it still alerts to outdated plugins (the MMOLoader Warning window) asking if I want to remove them

When using the patchme option to bypass checking, it still alerts to outdated plugins (the MMOLoader Warning window) asking if I want to remove them
I might hide it in that case. I made it do that on purpose, as having one or more outdated plugins is a different check. That's not checking the server for updates (you bypassed that), but it's looking at all your plugins versus the versioning. What I may do is add a flag to let you ignore that and not show it via the options list, if you want.

htw

Yeah if there is a way to force it to stop appearing that would be ideal.. basically a couple of a my PCs i've set to run headless - just trying to minimise the amount of interaction I need to do on them to get them to launch and join eqbc :)

Yeah if there is a way to force it to stop appearing that would be ideal.. basically a couple of a my PCs i've set to run headless - just trying to minimise the amount of interaction I need to do on them to get them to launch and join eqbc :)
I decided with a simple implementation - if not patching, it will assume you know what you're doing, and not do any outdated checks. Keep in mind if you are using some outdated plugin (i.e., some plugin that is not built against current MQ2Main release), behavior will be undefined (including possibly crashing). Also it will mean it won't warn you if your compile release is out of date vs. what the site offers.

It will be in next mmoloader push.

htw

I have recently (since sometime early-mid March) been unable to launch MQ2 on one of my boxes. I get the following error:

ERROR!! Missing Visual C++ Redistributables
Click HERE to download the required redistributable installers.

I already have the VCR's and have reinstalled the 2017-2019 and 2013 versions.

Please advise.

I have recently (since sometime early-mid March) been unable to launch MQ2 on one of my boxes. I get the following error:

ERROR!! Missing Visual C++ Redistributables
Click HERE to download the required redistributable installers.

I already have the VCR's and have reinstalled the 2017-2019 and 2013 versions.

Please advise.

Which version of windows are you using?

You need Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I have removed all versions of redistributables that I had (there were 5 or 6) and reinstalled 2013 and 2015. I still get the error.

Please see the attached image and the installations below the error.

Attachments

• mq2error.vcpp.png
    mq2error.vcpp.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I have removed all versions of redistributables that I had (there were 5 or 6) and reinstalled 2013 and 2015. I still get the error.

Please see the attached image and the installations below the error.

Make sure you have the x86 versions, looks like you have the x64 versions installed.

MMOLoader uses x86.

Any ideas or more info I can provide?
Like Fry mentioned, from your screen cap, you are only showing the x64 version of the 2015-2019 redist. You need the x86 version of the 2015-2019 redist.

htw

Login issue

I have an issue where two of my accounts have a similar login name but one has an underscore in it and when I attempt to use my pre-saved logins, the login now tries to login the account without the underscore twice where it used to get both accounts fine in the configuration settings (like it doesn't see the underscore in the name). Besides reinstalling and starting fresh do any of you have an idea how to fix it?

I have an issue where two of my accounts have a similar login name but one has an underscore in it and when I attempt to use my pre-saved logins, the login now tries to login the account without the underscore twice where it used to get both accounts fine in the configuration settings (like it doesn't see the underscore in the name). Besides reinstalling and starting fresh do any of you have an idea how to fix it?
This is an EQ bug that was introduced, not MQ2 or MMOLoader.

Confirmed - Account with special character unable to login | EverQuest Forums

Hopefully it'll get resolved next patch, but who knows. So the bottom line is, for your station name with an underscore, you'll have to go through launchpad AFAIK - or at the least to launch with patchme without providing a station name and see if that'll get you there.

htw

Using the launcher is it possible to set up a group profile with individual characters launching from independent file paths (multiple eq installs), each time one character file path is changed all change at the moment.

Using the launcher is it possible to set up a group profile with individual characters launching from independent file paths (multiple eq installs), each time one character file path is changed all change at the moment.
Unfortunately, no. That's a limitation of MQ2AutoLogin, not MMOLoader. Profile groups in MQ2AutoLogin have 1 key entry in the INI for that group for the EQ location (EQPath=), that's why I have MMOLoader change that value to match any time you change a single one in that profile group, because there's only 1 key. I could have just disabled/blanked all the rows in that column other than the first, but at the time, decided it was just as easy to let anyone edit a single cell and match them up when done changing it.

However, seeing this, I have put on my list to do, to add capability to create something like "Launch Groups", that would let you get around that. E.g., you could have single profile entries like Cleric, Warrior, Mage, each with a different EQPath, then create a new Launch Group, that launches the Cleric/Warrior/Mage profile entrie(s).

I'll let you know when I am able to get that done.

htw