Votes: 138 51.5%
  • No, Sorry :(

Votes: 73 27.2%
  • Only if it was created on my server.

Votes: 57 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reality check

In theory I would love to join such a guild. However you know that a secret is hard to keep. That's when its just you. When you tell that secret to someone else, pretty good chance its gonna get out. Now imagine you've told that secret to 87 other people...

Moral of the story. The prominent raid guild I was with latest in my eq career had a "reputation" of people that mq'd. It was a grossly exagerated reuptation, however, not entirely innacurate. Even when we weren't actively doing anything we were reported on an almost daily basis by competing guilds. Just like shooting fish in a barrel blindly fire the reports out there and chances are someone did something.

Keep in mind this was the 04 - 06 era so things were probably more high profile then. But the theory remains the same. Point being: If a MMOBUGS guild:

1. Was started
2. Was organized and had leaders
3. Started being succesful and a top or even reasonably decent performer
4. How long is it gonna take till the report gatling gun starts firing and major attention is levied at all involved?
5. Would you continue to risk your tunes in said situation?

That was pretty much my crescendo. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong on all accounts.

From my understanding their would be no technical backing from MMOBugs so someone would have to host a site for it.

I was told we could continue 1 thread on and on but obviously that wouldn't work.

I don't have the money nor the skills required to run a website.

The next step imho is to get it organized, we need someone to volunteer to work on the site, and we need some donations to pay to get the site going.

Last edited:
It sounds better than the reality of it I'm sure. Like it was mentioned earlier, one person would have a fall out, or get wreckless and in turn bring the whole temple down.

Why would the guild have to use hacks from the start,

wouldn't it be better to play legit for 3 to 6 months and sort out personal
and direction. Then remaining peeps can work things out.

Just suggestion,

But i be in anyway u want to do it LOL.

some hard core self righteous fag from one of the current top raiding guilds will most likely make sure we fail. It would be too easy for them to just join on a toon and report everyone lol.

I could see doing this if ppl started years ago like was mentioned than. This game really isn't in the state it was to start a guild like this. All the work, and we may not see another handful of expansions come out. We might, just saying I don't forsee EQ1 pushing another decade out~ Maybe we'll get lucky and one of the gm's that troll here would join....

I could see doing this if ppl started years ago like was mentioned than. This game really isn't in the state it was to start a guild like this. All the work, and we may not see another handful of expansions come out. We might, just saying I don't forsee EQ1 pushing another decade out~ Maybe we'll get lucky and one of the gm's that troll here would join....

If people started and they actually tried say 50-55 of us. They could knock out 1-85 in less then a month and have 1k AA within 2 months. Along with being decently geared, not RAID gear but group gear. 2 - 2.5 months 85+1kAA sitting at 35khp 5kac is not unresonable if people actually wanted to get it knocked out. From that point within 4 more months they could be making really good headway on raiding SoD/UF

see heres the kicker lol theres going to be a few folks who go balls to the wall hacking/exploiting things and draw attention to this guild . I wouldnt touch this guild with a 10 foot pole just because of that. you hear folks posting all the time on here cheat smarter lol well this isnt cheating smarter lol. This is a train wreak waiting to happen and i personaly cant wait for the post to start comeing in . i already went to costco and got me a big ass can of popcorn.

If people started and they actually tried say 50-55 of us. They could knock out 1-85 in less then a month and have 1k AA within 2 months. Along with being decently geared, not RAID gear but group gear. 2 - 2.5 months 85+1kAA sitting at 35khp 5kac is not unresonable if people actually wanted to get it knocked out. From that point within 4 more months they could be making really good headway on raiding SoD/UF

well, if jj would be into doing it...I'd follow that~

being in a guild full of people using mq sounds like a fasttrack for some suspensions lol

it would be an interesting experiment.

That being said, I can think of a few current guilds that wouldn't be anywhere near the level of progression they're at without a handful of MQ users. The boxed toons sometimes equal the number of live players on raids. People know, they just sorta look the other way. To be honest, it was those guys that got me into MQ and interested in playing EQ again. So cool to watch them do what they do.

I'd join. Not on an existing account, but I'd start a new one or two and join.

This reminds me of a movie

Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

:p

i would actually come back for this. the only thing i would request is no mq used in things like raids or guild groupage.

whatever you go and do on your own that is not a guild function it's all on you.

i would actually come back for this. the only thing i would request is no mq used in things like raids or guild groupage.

whatever you go and do on your own that is not a guild function it's all on you.

i would think using mq a little during guild groupage would be the whole point? could understand not using it on raids but....

i would think using mq a little during guild groupage would be the whole point? could understand not using it on raids but....

the point would be to have fun and raid with people like yourself.

if you get as many people as they claim are interested and we cannot achieve raid content id rather just keep my memories of raping eq just memories.

I say if we are gonna do it, we need to do it soon... with the server merges we can get a free transfer and get all on the same server... Need a 2nd poll to choose which server now :p

I've got a fresh account on gamecard time so. Lemme know :)