MMOBugs + EQ Patcher issues

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been having a lot of problems since last patch.

On the MMOBugs front, patcher works successfully until it says 'successfully connected to update server' but then it just hangs up at 0 percent updated for about a minute. Then I get a pop up error window that says 'Failed to connect to update server.'

On the EQ patcher front, I keep getting the same error, even if I restart my computer. It says:

'There was a problem moving C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\lp_temp\EQGraphicsDX9.dll_delta_10398_87.patched to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\EQGraphicsDX9.dll. Please make sure the game is not running.'

Any advice?

And also, if you go to the specified folder (prog files/eq/lp temp) the .dll file mentioned in the error doesn't even exist there.

Hey all,

On the MMOBugs front, patcher works successfully until it says 'successfully connected to update server' but then it just hangs up at 0 percent updated for about a minute. Then I get a pop up error window that says 'Failed to connect to update server.'

I have the same issue myself on the MMO front, happens EVERY time there is an update for me.... takes me 2 or 3 tries to get it to work.

Hmmm, have run MMOBugs about 20 times now, same problem every time. Did you do anything special between try # 1 and try # 3?

Solved EQ patcher issue. Still need help with MMOBugs.

depending on the OS your using ive had issues like this, (win7/vista) and was able to stop it by changing all of these exe's to run in Windows xp service pack 3 compatability mode as Admin . The loader ,eq and 3rd party log parsing programs. RClick The exe file > Properties > compatability> Windows XP SP3. Then at the bottom Check Run this Program as administrator. Click apply.

solved all my issues with wacky errors and other oddities i was having

Hey all,

On the EQ patcher front, I keep getting the same error, even if I restart my computer. It says:

'There was a problem moving C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\lp_temp\EQGraphicsDX9.dll_delta_10398_87.patched to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\EQGraphicsDX9.dll. Please make sure the game is not running.'

Any advice?
For the loader, that's a result of a protocol / port error. Only way that's going to happen, is firewall is blocking the underlying connection (port or protocol restriction), or your router is refusing to NAT said port (or protocol).

htw

Htw- that I think would explain the repeated inability to connect, but what about intermittantly ? I notice it's generally much worse if I ask MMO to check for updates while running, rather than exiting and restarting the program. However, I don't do anything different between attempts, just close mmo and restart the program... occsionally, I'll be have to reboot prior to mmo patching... but otherwise, it just takes me 2 or 3 attempts to get past the hang at "successfully connected to server" and the "unable to connect" pop up.

personally ive always had issues running eq in the program files x86, had to move it over to program files and did not have any more reoccuring problems

actually after trying to connect my self i am able to get connected but had some timeout issues a few times so im guesing there is a small issue on there end

Htw- that I think would explain the repeated inability to connect, but what about intermittantly ? I notice it's generally much worse if I ask MMO to check for updates while running, rather than exiting and restarting the program. However, I don't do anything different between attempts, just close mmo and restart the program... occsionally, I'll be have to reboot prior to mmo patching... but otherwise, it just takes me 2 or 3 attempts to get past the hang at "successfully connected to server" and the "unable to connect" pop up.
After loader has been running for an hour or two (at least), right click the tray icon, and click System Info. Take a look at that data, see if anything looks odd.

htw

For the loader, that's a result of a protocol / port error. Only way that's going to happen, is firewall is blocking the underlying connection (port or protocol restriction), or your router is refusing to NAT said port (or protocol).

htw

Still having this issue -- have turned my firewall off completely, doesn't seem to help.

What's the latter issue? (router refusing to NAT)

I play from an apartment where the internet comes from a wall jack via ethernet cable, so I don't think I have any control over what the router is doing.