Meldrath the Malignant

Argo

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I found this on http://mobilis.wordpress.com/secret-of-faydwer-meldrath-the-malignant/ ... was wondering if anyone had any more strats for this.

This is a 54 person raid event located in Meldrath’s Majestic Mansion.A TOMBSTONE SPAWNING SKELETONS

On one side of the room is an object that looks like a tombstone that is targetable and attackable. 3 groups must be assigned to attack his tombstone and burn it down as fast as possible and keep it down to as close to zero as they can. The tombstone regenerates health and spawns skeleton adds throughout the event. These skeletons can be mezzed but they have to be killed or you end up with LOTS of skeletons in the raid. Paladins are the preferred tanks for these skeletons and dps has to stop burning the tombstone down to help kill kill them.MELDRATH & HIS PET

1- MT Meldrath / Kill the pet
Rangers get to have a lot of fun here. Rangers have to kite or setup a weapon shield rotation on Meldrath while the rest of the raid (excluding ppl on the tombstone) kill his pet dog.

2- Kill Meldrath / Kill the clockwork repairers
Once Meldrath’s dog is dead, you can begin to kill Meldrath. At 40% HP, 2 clockwork repairers spawn and try to repair Meldrath. All of the DPS focused on Meldrath has to switch to target and fast kill these repairers. If any of them reach Meldrath, they will heal him for 20% HP. From 40% HP until Meldrath is dead, repairers will pop and repop.

should title it phase 1 ;)

Mtm fight is 2 phases , at 40 % MTM disappears and leaves you with 2 nasty guards :) once they are dead a passage inbetween the door leading to phase 1 fight spot opens up leading to the last confrontation

why do you if you know the stats post it thats what this is all about, i dont see the need to not post but talk about it being easy. it just makes you look really dum

you are having a slight misunderstanding abraham i didn't claim it was easy or such , just pointed at the fact that the strat isnt complete nothing else

little correction on that phase 1 thing : the adds heal sixton not meldrath

simple fight since so many are up to mmm level raiding :}

Last edited:
you kill the emote namer first because he offs emotes, then you kill krone then thinker then brinda.
then you kill some more adds then mmm becomes active he pops undead mobs was not looking to see how many, you kite them and dps him down or kite him and dps them down there are a few adds+ the other robots adds from before that were in the room. thats all the infor i got for now will post more when am up.:}

little precisions : breakneak needs to go down first for sure , followed by longhorn and then the rest ( that order is mostly due to how penalizing theyre aoe's are ) you can blur tinkerson and have an sk or any class kit him while raid meds up and stuff for the next phase, the undead mobs are a result of people dying in the raid and if they start poping it can basically lead to a wipe, on a timed basis some units will go live you need to dps them down to stop some aoe's while keeping MTM tanked ( hits hard and fast, and by the end of the fight your clerics will probably have used all theyre tricks ) , at low hp ( around 10 % or so i memory serves me well ) some adds will pop that hit hard, you can either control them and kill them while keeping MTM tanked ( if mana is ok ) or just burn MTM while distracting them distract them

Abraham send me a pm :) gotta talk to you about something :)

Anyone have more concrete info on last part like the huge robots in the room and the little skellys that spawn?

Yes pls explain Once Mel goes live is there a way to block the units from assisting him. They look to be linked/assisting him in the dots that go off. They dont have ne1 on target they just move foward turn and give a emot.

In regards to the Second Phase:

The 4 Mobs (Breakneck, Krond, Brinda and Bargangle), are all pretty self explanatory and easy. Does anyone know for sure that the steam suits (AE's) are timed or are they percentage based? Meldrath said something about one of them at 75 % of his life, however nothing really happened. At 50% all hell broke loose and I was hit with Burning Oil (6k Dmg per tick DoT) and a few other incredibly harsh DoT's. My question if they are percentage based is would it just be wise to go Full Burn on Meldrath at 50% and hope for the best or does something in specific need to be done about the AE's from these Steamsuits?

(Got him to about 35% before wipe but Burned from the start as it was our first attempt and we didn't know what to expect)

well no burn in this fight , keep the slow dps classes ( necro's and such ) on MTM , everyone works on dpsing down the suits till 25 % then full burn MTM and deal with adds after he is down ... doesnt take rocket science

yea if you got the healing, but my guild is lazy and hates to wait, so we burn:{

1) Is there any way to "deal with" the corpse popped adds? They seem to spawn instantly on a persons death and dragging doesn't help.

Edit: Figured out how to "deal with" them, but it's not that simple. Especially if more than one are up. Is there any way to differentiate "your" tormented revenant from others, or just try all of them till yours is dealt with?

2) Now, steamsuits. More than one spawn later on during the fight...oil and accoustic activated. Should you split DPS or, one then other or just prioritize one and let other AE? We weren't able to take both down fast enough with 1 then other.

Is there a mechanism to avoid AE totally? ("turns toward you" = run away?)

We got through Steam -> Grease -> Acoustic -> Oil -> Steam again (then died).

I know lots of guilds will burn the 1st four steamsuits, then ignore the rest. However the 5th is just Steam all over again..you just handle the AE from it?
So, these are two hangups we could use assistance on.

Is there a mechanism to avoid AE totally? ("turns toward you" = run away?)

Your correct. When you get the "Turns toward you" emote you need to run as far away from your raid as possible for a few seconds. The AE is concentrated on you.

In order to do this the Robot that snares you (either grease or oil, i forgot which, think grease tho), needs to be shut down. There is really no point in worrying about any of the other robot AE's if people pay attention and run quickly on their emote its no issue. In any case there is no need to shut down any of them that do dots or dd's, they are very weak. If your going to even bother with shuting down any other than the snare one, shut down the spell haste reducer robot (again I dont recall which it is off my head).

Next question:

I'm trying to find what % they will switch from an AE to a deactivation. It seems they deactivate at exactly 36 seconds from spawn, but they will AE if they are not below some amount of health. Question is - what is that magic %?

We've seen the skele's depop after someones rezzed but now when they rez - we cant find what exactly it is that causes the skeles to depop.

We tried everything including hails and some special words we thought may work.

Any insight? even if just a hint

Normally they deactivate on rez when you get within a certain distance. Its buggy though, some don't depop when you get close. At that point you can kill or kite them.