${Me.Aura} poll & opinions

How should we have the Me.Aura TLO member coded?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

htw

Developer
Reaction score
Personally, I like having ${Me.Aura} just return a string, since you can always look it up. Granted, there might be times you would rather have the ID, but you can code around that.

However, I will set next release to however people want it. If you have a comment or opinion, other than your vote, post away.

htw

if you want an ID return off it, just do:

${Spell[${Me.Aura}].ID}

I prefer the string return personally.

if you want an ID return off it, just do:

${Spell[${Me.Aura}].ID}

I prefer the string return personally.
Aye, that's in like 100 threads now LOL. Good to capture it here though.

We're winning so far though! ;)

htw

I say don't give them an option. The masses do not write the macros they just copy and paste then cry when things need updated. While its annoying to have to change them you only need to do it once.

My only gripe is it just seems illogical to go backwards and return only a string instead of spell data for a buff.

I don't think there are any auras currently that do this but searching for a spell by string only can at times return the wrong spell data. Like complete heal for instance, there are a few versions of it in the spell data. I believe if you search for it by name, the one returned is usually the npc version.

I voted for going back to the old way, but if an AuraInfo is added to give access directly to the spell data, I would be happy with that.

I voted the other way just to be an ass!

I thought that the reason it was changed in the first place was that certain auras did not work correctly with returning the spell TLO or something.

What ever gets pushed through paahlease allow for mana reiteration to work without spam. I finally got it working to my liking for the first time in weeks.

I know. Make an INI file and give them the option.

Hehe,. glad I ain't programming. :D

I know. Make an INI file and give them the option.

Hehe,. glad I ain't programming. :D
I considered it, as it would be easy enough to return either type from the TLO member, based on a config option. Might still do it, but still wanna decide which way to leave it as default.

And get to programming you ho!

htw