Macro LAG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestand

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I have recently encountered much lag for up to 60 seconds at a time when starting a macro. This is brand new and never happened before, I have changed nothing except installing new virus soft wear due to a bunch of infections my computer got from downloading programs lol. Any ideas what’s causing this?

You said it, anti-viris program. I turn mine off when I bot a group, takes literally a minute for rogue helper to load up if I have it active.

Ok virus protection is off and when i boot up ROG help it is taking like 60 sec and frezzing screen what else could be doing this?

1.5 GIG ram

running one window of eq. This just started tho like i said. all that changed was installing the virus softwear from norton. and i have it turned off atm.

Have your zone times increased at all recently? It sounds like something is slowing down your hard drive or ram. I have this problem sometimes when i'm running alot of windows or there is alot of hard drive activity. You mentioned you removed a few viruses from your computer? This might have something to do with it.

Did you update your version of MQ2 and then it started happening?

Fry.

must have a virus doing it still im getting pop ups a lot. really the only thing that has changed. and zone times same. its the older complie from mmo.

Ad-aware pro is my fav., even if you get it free from somewhere you can manually download updates from the site still and keep it up-to-date (not that I'm promoting pirated software).

i tell everyone to get adware... had some issues with sp[y bot but, adware is awesome

well after fighting the virus i gave up and wiped the OS. Now macros are loading at lightnig speed so it was a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.