Crash question

Norrathian

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Something strange is happening. We were working on the EW raid, and had a problem with out first attempt. We got him to about 60%, and all of a sudden the screen seemed to freeze for about 5 seconds and then CTD's. Windows records the error as C0000005 with mq2main.dll, but that isn't really helpful. Interestingly, on subsequent raid attempts, the crash happened as soon as he was physically engaged at camp (guessing it crashed when his HPs reached 99%). As a non-tank, I don't engage raid mobs till they're at 98% usually, unless I do it manually.

The funny thing is, this was happening a few weeks ago with Kael hero mission AND about 2-3 months ago with the same Kael hero mission. I've participated in the mission LOTS of times. I also unloaded bot.dll because that seemed like a likely cause, and nothing improved. Drivers were checked and were ALL up to date. Interestingly, I was running Windows 7 at this time. I've since switched to a new drive, switched to windows 10, and only loaded ESSENTIAL programs. I haven't tried kael since, but I'm hoping to soon.

Plugins are:

mq2mmobugs=1
mq2ic=1
mq2cecho=1
mq2chatfilter=0
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2custombinds=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2gmcheck=1
mq2hud=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2map=1
mq2mmobzsrch=1
mq2mmotlo=1
mq2xptracker=1
mq2otd=1
mq2cast=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2melee=1
mq2pluginman=1
mq2docrack=1
mq2nogold=1
mq2customsound=1
mq2dpsadv=1
mq2fps=1
mq2hudmove=1
mq2log=1
mq2mercmanager=1
mq2mmofastmem=1
mq2mmonowelcome=0
mq2tooltip=1
mq2web=1
mq2wintitle=1
mq2eqbc=1
MQ2Debuffs=1
MQ2AASpend=1
MQ2AutoAcceptTrades=1
MQ2AutoForage=1
MQ2AutoGroup=1
MQ2ReachIt=1
MQ2PiggyZone=1
MQ2Rez=1
mq2mmowarp=1
mq2bot=1
mq2timestamp=1
mq2twist=1
mq2doors=1
mq2instancekill=1
mq2taskaddaccept=1
mq2cpuload=1
mq2speedutils=0
mq2nav=1
mq2overseer=1
mq2eqwire=1
mq2autoloot=0
mq2events=1
mq2targets=1
mq2shellcmd=1
mq2netbots=1

Any knowledge of this problem?

You're running out of stack space with MQ2DpsAdv. I'd suggest not using it, until a fix is completed.

htw

Maybe this info could help. I've left eq loaded for close to a week (with 4+ full groups of toons loaded the entire time). Yes, sitting in the lobby or bazaar while really afk - honestly. Anyway, if I spend a week killing THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of mobs (including named mobs), and it wouldn't crash.

I help someone with a kael hero mission and after we setup, the boss is pulled to the corner, once the mob reaches the corner - almost instant/maybe instant crash.

When were doing EW raid, everything went smooth the first 2 rounds, had the boss to 60% or so and I noticed there were laggy spikes just as the boss got to the raid force and engagement started. On the 3rd engagment, the pause lasted a while (4-6 secs maybe) and CTD. While I was down, the raid wiped - pure coincidence. I camped every account I currently had loaded on that computer and rebooted the computer. When I logged back in with just 1 account loaded, the raid was still getting setup for their final victorious run at EW. Anyway, as soon as the boss got to the camp, the pause happened (1st pull of the boss), and CTD.

If I can be of any help getting something diagnosed, PST. I programmed for over 20 years, so I understand the logic, and the language is simple enough, but the TLOs are the tougher part.

Did you ignore HTW's response? Have you tried running without mq2dpsadv loaded?

Did you ignore HTW's response? Have you tried running without mq2dpsadv loaded?
Currently on raid lockout, and no one needs the kael mission. I also got some info of particles having some issues under certain conditions. I turned everything off to test and did disable any non-essential plugins (which was a lot). So far, so good, but the real test will be late next week.