is it possible to create a macro that would ...

supertimmy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
check bazaar every x minutes looking for y item and if it found it for sale, text my phone?

and maybe multiple items based on an ini that is easy to update for morons like myself?

You could download the eqbc app on android and have the macro do /bc ${item1} found.

i just feel like nobody checks barter and it would be nice to have the peace of mind that i wasn't missing out on strange shit i want to buy. i will look into what you posted. thanks.

if someone would whip me up a macro that check mq2spawnmaster and then text my phone, using that mmotext plugin i suppose, i would love it!

Edit:

so I got to playing with MMOtext. I am thinking with a simple MQ2Events trigger, I can easily get accomplished what I am after. Anyone able to tell me how to program MQ2Events to read the MQ2SpawnMaster text? Once I got it, I can use "/mmotext send ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}" to send the last spawn, I just have to get it to read the MQ window which I have no idea how to do.

Last edited:
if someone would whip me up a macro that check mq2spawnmaster and then text my phone, using that mmotext plugin i suppose, i would love it!

Edit:

so I got to playing with MMOtext. I am thinking with a simple MQ2Events trigger, I can easily get accomplished what I am after. Anyone able to tell me how to program MQ2Events to read the MQ2SpawnMaster text? Once I got it, I can use "/mmotext send ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}" to send the last spawn, I just have to get it to read the MQ window which I have no idea how to do.

/if (${Spawn[npcname].CleanName}) /docommand

not 100% sure have not tested.

/if (${Spawn[npcname].CleanName}) /docommand

not 100% sure have not tested.

tried

[spawnmaster]
trigger=(${Spawn[npcname].CleanName})
command=/mmotext send ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}

and

[spawnmaster]
trigger=${Spawn[npc #${NAMED}].ID}
command=/mmotext send ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}

Thinking maybe MQ2Events would read them, I am doing something wrong :(

check bazaar every x minutes looking for y item and if it found it for sale, text my phone?

and maybe multiple items based on an ini that is easy to update for morons like myself?

This is untested it's just something I threw together using some routines from a bazaar macro I wrote. There are some logical problems with this that I'll state up front. I don't have any more time to mess with it tonight but figured I'd throw it out there in case you wanted to tinker with it. I can mess with it more later to fix these problems if there is interest in using it.

1. This is going to text you every time it finds a search item up. So if you have it set to search every 5 minutes, and there is an item in your list that is up for sale, it's going to text you about it roughly every 5 minutes.

2. It's going to text you for every item available in your list when you start the macro.

And it's entirely possibly I forgot something else obvious, but if you play with it and notice something just let me know. Like I said, I'll mess with it more later when I have some more time.

When it texts you it will say something along the lines of
Code:
Found 50 x A Blue Diamond for 80P 5G 0S 0C by Trader_01

The INI is going to default to BAZAAR_text.ini, and it will be formated like this:

Code:
[General]
CheckFrequency=30m
PerItemTimeout=2m
MinTimeBetweenItems=15s
TextCarrier=0
TextNumber=0000000000

• CheckFrequency is how often it will start a search loop.
  • PerItemTimeout is the maximum amount of time it will wait for a search list to populate
  • MinTimeBetweenItems is how long it will wait between each search (you don't want to search to quickly as it could look suspicious)
  • TextCarrier is the Carrier number (see MQ2MMOText - MMOBugs Wiki)
  • TextNumber is your phone number formated just like that, no dashes or spaces, numbers only.

Then for the items it is looking for
Code:
[Items]
ItemName1=A Blue Diamond
ItemMinQty1=5
ItemMaxPrice1=100000
ItemName2=A Diamond
ItemMinQty2=5
ItemMaxPrice2=50000

• ItemName is the name of the item
  • ItemMinQty is the minimum number of the item a seller must have to notify you of it (It will cumulate all of the same item a single buyer has, so if they have 5 stacks of diamonds for sale it will add up the quantity from all 5 stacks and use that quantity)
  • ItemMaxPrice is the max price you are looking for in COPPER.

It supports up to 50 items currently, but that is easy enough to change if necessary.

Again, remember this is untested so it's entirely possible I made a typo or forgot to copy some required routine or something like that, I'll test it when I have more time :)

EDIT: Oh just to note, this does not require any plugins besides MQ2MMOText. It searches the Bazaar by interacting with the Bazaar UI rather than relying on a plugin.

Last edited:
Ignore this, most likely wont work :)

devestator said:

Edit:

I believe if you configure MQ2SpawnMaster with your name list and such you can do this in MQ2Events:

Code:
[spawnmaster]
trigger=${SpawnMaster.UpList}
command=/mmotext There are ${SpawnMaster.UpList} spawns up from your SpawnMaster list.  Last detected: ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}

You will need to make sure you manually set your carrier and number in mmotext before leaving this unattended. See http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2MMOText You will probably want to make sure to set these before you start MQ2Events, not sure what MMOText does if those aren't specified, probably just prints an error or something to the chatwnd would be my guess.

Last edited:
I believe if you configure MQ2SpawnMaster with your name list and such you can do this in MQ2Events:

Code:
[spawnmaster]
trigger=${SpawnMaster.UpList}
command=/mmotext There are ${SpawnMaster.UpList} spawns up from your SpawnMaster list.  Last detected: ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}

You will need to make sure you manually set your carrier and number in mmotext before leaving this unattended. See MQ2MMOText - MMOBugs Wiki You will probably want to make sure to set these before you start MQ2Events, not sure what MMOText does if those aren't specified, probably just prints an error or something to the chatwnd would be my guess.

Actually after looking at MQ2Events this morning what I posted there most likely isn't going to work. The trigger on MQ2Events looks like it most likely only monitors Chat to fire an event. So with what I put up there if there are say 3 spawns up on your list it would not fire unless the chat text '3' and only 3 came up in chat (not from a tell or anything like that it would have to be a single line with nothing but 3 in it hehe.

So yeah, MQ2Events is not going to accomplish what you are wanting to do there. You would have to either do it with a macro or a plugin. Macro would be pretty simple:

Code:
Sub Main
     /declare lastDetected string local NULL

/mmotext carrier 0
     /mmotext number 0000000000
     /spawnmaster load  | Not sure if this is required or not
     /spawnmaster on

:mainLoop
          /if (${SpawnMaster.UpList} && ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch.NotEqual[${lastDetected}]}) {
               /mmotext send There are ${SpawnMaster.UpList} spawns up from your SpawnMaster list.  Last detected: ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}
               /varset lastDetected ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}
          }
          /if (!${Spawn[${lastDetected}].ID}) /varset lastDetected NULL
          /delay 1m
     /goto :mainLoop
/return

Untested, but I think it would work. Just modify the mmotext commands for your carrier and number. Not sure if the /spawnmaster load command is required or not, you might need to take it out if you configure spawnmaster prior to running the macro.

Last edited: