Installation Problem

Orbitz

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I have the MMO full installer. During installation, it says it needs to install Visual C++. If I say install, I get an error saying "Unsupported Protocol. Only HTTP and FTP Protocols are supported." That aborts the installation.

I have downloaded Visual C++ and installed it separately and I still get the same sequences...MMO won't install without first wanting to install Visual C++.

Any ideas how I get past this?

Edit: Here is a screenshot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 1.49.17 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 1.49.17 PM.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanks Fry. With the pre-compiled Zip, what is the trick to getting it to show up in the EQ client? It shows mmobugs as running, but there is no window, HUD, etc. in the EQ window?

Thanks Fry. With the pre-compiled Zip, what is the trick to getting it to show up in the EQ client? It shows mmobugs as running, but there is no window, HUD, etc. in the EQ window?

Did you load MMOLoader.exe?

Yep, it asks me for my password, etc. then the icon shows up as running...but nothing is happening inside the EQ window.

I unzipped the file into C:/ if that makes any difference.

Just committed the changes, this issue should be resolved in next release.

htw

Yep, it asks me for my password, etc. then the icon shows up as running...but nothing is happening inside the EQ window.

I unzipped the file into C:/ if that makes any difference.

Might be a permissions issue. Try running as administrator, or disabling anti-virus?

Just committed the changes, this issue should be resolved in next release.

htw

I have done another release, the MQ2-Live Setup exe should work fine again.

The new installer works! Thanks HTW / Fry.