Question In GetCXStr - crashing

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello boys lately I've been getting "An Unknown exception occured" error when starting up everquest. It has the title "In GetCXStr"

Not sure if it's an eq or mq2 problem but obviously don't want to start a thread on eq forums if it's a mq2 problem.

Any ideas?

Hello boys lately I've been getting "An Unknown exception occured" error when starting up everquest. It has the title "In GetCXStr"

Not sure if it's an eq or mq2 problem but obviously don't want to start a thread on eq forums if it's a mq2 problem.

Any ideas?

Turn off MQ2 and start EQ without it. If you get the crash, then it's an EQ problem and not an MQ2 problem.

Does it happen every time, or only sometimes.

Does EQ Crash, or do you just get the error and things move on as if nothing happened.

i'm probably not going to have the answer you seek, but these are likely questions that need to be answered.

This is my problem, these are the things I have done to isolate the issue (run without mq2), how often (everytime?, sometimes?, once in a blue moon?), the final effect (crash? an error but nothing else?)

Only happens sometimes. I think it's an EQ problem.

If you can get to the point where you can reproduce the bug constantly someone can then track it down. If it only happens once a week to a single toon after who knows what. Much harder to find.