Guilds!?

TheStrategist

The Immortal
Reaction score
Probably, the last place I should be asking this...but I'm tired of searching EQlive, class forums, etc.

Basically, I'm sick of the drama on my server. I play a lot at night and during the day, I rack in about 60+ a week of play time. I PL'd a rogue hardcore, decked it out and now I love playing it. Seeing has it has never been guilded and got its gear questionably :rolleyes: i'm not sure what my options are.

So, my question is, are there any high end guilds (preferably EST) anyone knows of that aren't complete asshats but are willing to accept a good player with a questionable past without making a big freaking deal about it? Also, preferably on a server that's alive and has a healthy population?

PM me!

Last edited:
These guilds don't exist, your best bet is to find people with question past's such as your own.

Quellious is dead. Our guild is alive and thriving.

Quellious is dead. Our guild is alive and thriving.
Do tell....

Thriving as in 'progressing'?

I've played for 9 years (since Beta 2) and just recently sold my long time main. Not quite ready to retire totally I bought a new toon and am trying to decide whether to take it back to my home server or strike out fresh on a new server.

Guilds get freaked out when they see a bought toon. Especially when I can't vouch for where all the gear came from (I'm comfortable that it's legit but I know from experience that's not always enough)

I've always been one of those players that raids 5-6 nights a week and has always been driven to be at the top of the game. I can stay in the guild I've played in for the last few years but part of the fun of a new toon is a new start.... Just not sure where to make that start.

Red Dog best bet would be to look up on eqplayers find some top guilds...x:server tell talk to some officers....figure out req ect...then work from there geta guild lined up for it tell them you got it all raiding with some BS guild...how the hell will they no...if they are getting an uber rogue im sure they arnt asking officers of your "guild" about you.

I disagree Tweak. I had bought a berserker that was about 20k unbuffed. Said i raided with a BS guild and the officer of the guild i applied for sent a tell back saying nobody in that guild knew who i was so they kicked me and disregarded my app.

best way is to be honest to a degree. You bought it from PA because you wanted a change in class, you used to play XXX and wanted to play YYY. In doing so you just wanted to have a fresh start.

Its holding mostly to the truth and the small parts that are possible lies are personal feelings so you can not prove them as a lie.

I disagree Tweak. I had bought a berserker that was about 20k unbuffed. Said i raided with a BS guild and the officer of the guild i applied for sent a tell back saying nobody in that guild knew who i was so they kicked me and disregarded my app.
Did you do on same server? he was talking about server xfer. /shrug was just my 2cp

All lies are bad but ones as simple as sending a xserver tell to confirm are really just stupid. You should never lie anyways but to lie and make it so easy to prove its a lie is retarded. takes all of 2 seconds to confirm you used to be in a guild

Best bet is to hook up with someone in a guild you want to app to. Tell them you are returning to the game and wanted to play a new class, so you bought the toon.

Apps are getting few and far between, so guilds are more likely to accept a bought toon than one with a unconfirmed background (lying about previous guilds).

Aye Tweak i server xfered and everything. Still got caught.

From what I know from friends in top guilds on my server, eBay'd toons are still looked down on and apps won't be accepted. Have also heard of quizzes being given about events some of your gear came from. They all want your Magelo and that tells them at least what events your gear came from.

What I'd suggest is making a toon on servers you're considering and sending tells to find an officer and then talk with them honestly. That way, you're not ruining the name of the toon you want to app with and you'll find out if guild1 or guild2 or guild3 show interest in accepting your purchased toon.

If you know how to play that class well enough, you could also say you used to play it as a main before leaving EQ a while back and since you had given your old main away, your only recourse was to buy another one. Knowing how to play your class well is probably even more important to a guild than if it was bought.