Returning to da EQ

nbkanvz

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Question guys I have a bunch of toons I haven't played since Call of the Forsaken. All of them are a 100. Do you think I can jump right into TOL tasks or should I progress like normal. I spent a bit of time getting reacquainted with the game and old nostalgia on Vaniki. I did briefly guild but I honestly do not have time to look at content I have done when it was live. I appreciate your time and any all feedback. I have a couple of each class. I prefer not to box more than 6 but would love to just do 3 and mercs.

Reactions: EQDAB
Your level 100's will be eaten alive. You will have to do a fair bit of catchup before you can even think about jumping expansions.

You want to start with `overseer` . It's an in game `card` game you can do from anywhere. It gives you real world XP that is hard to beat doing normal EQ quests or grinding. Suggest watching a video about it and/or checking out MQ2Overseer which I wrote to automate doing it for you.

Mercs still suck compared to a well run boxed set. You can certainly do 3x + mercs especially if you have mages to pet tank.

Good luck and welcome back.

Reactions: EQDAB and nbkanvz
Question guys I have a bunch of toons I haven't played since Call of the Forsaken. All of them are a 100. Do you think I can jump right into TOL tasks or should I progress like normal. I spent a bit of time getting reacquainted with the game and old nostalgia on Vaniki. I did briefly guild but I honestly do not have time to look at content I have done when it was live. I appreciate your time and any all feedback. I have a couple of each class. I prefer not to box more than 6 but would love to just do 3 and mercs.  
Your kind words warmed my heart))

Reactions: nbkanvz
do not play on the new servers with eq loaded, period. yelnick with mq2 load will result in ban, no acks, no macro's, speaking from recent exp banned 6/30/22- i used nothing except being loaded in back ground

• Sad
just fyi i hadn't played in 7 days when the bans hit my email, i only play weekends, i got the email thursday

• Sad
@ 100 is the "tip of the iceberg", u are not geared well enough to go forward, but over-geared for lower content. You will have to get to 116+ to be TAed to any TOL stuff, but there is hope. Do "gribbles" till 110 < then do GMM quest to get geared, if u have any high-level toon (115+) or on a PLserver go to Sathirs tomb for 5 - 7 days, u will be 116 and even 120 in no time. Your team: Tank // healer // slower // 3 DPS........caster team set up; Chanter // Necro // Necro // mage // wizzie // healer. Here is a guide https://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/RoS/Locations/SathirsTomb.cfm once right level, work on getting geared in TOL stuff, what I mean is Camp any named in maiden eye for T1 gear, my go-to spot is Xenacious Von Deek because I have SK // cleric // shaman // necro // mage // BST. Work backward to COTF after u max out levels and AAs it is not as hard as u think.GL on your EQ journey