Gold reoccurring membership removed from Marketplace

Sucks, I was just going to go gold on my last account last night, and it was missing then. Figured it was a bug and I would wait it out.

Oh well.

Can still go through website and use sc but should probably hurry as that will probably go away soon.

I'm going to be quiting the game because of this from sony. Some money is better then no money but I'm pretty sure im not the only one that will be pissed off with there sudden change and no warning or explanation.

You can go through their website and use your sc up, I suggest doing so.
Everquest.com > Login > Shop > Membership

You can go through their website and use your sc up, I suggest doing so.
Everquest.com > Login > Shop > Membership

Unfortunately this is not an option on the account I'm trying it with. It only gives my the Sub's that can't be purchased with SC

seriously

soe strikes a fuckingain, bunch of bitches, stupid too if i was asked. the people that are gonna play most all bought a year sub already (when it was double or triple) so the a big part of the revinu imo was going to be from those same people taking advantage of the next sc bonus and buying a year on other toons. i was actually going to leave all but my melee silver from there on out till the sc bonus came, if you have a bunch of boxes that are casters silver is the way to go you can still wear t2voa gear and augs arent that imnportant, melee are the only that need gold , for augs and prestige imo, so when my time runs out , il just demote to silver on everyone again , and go back to catchin the biggest game card break i can from time to time. oh well, i had 5 more accounts that i was gonna get gold on next sc onus, and was gonna give a cpl friends a treat since it was soo cheap, but i guess fuck that. i hate when they do this fuckin shit, just like the bait and switch on the raf, that really pissed alot of people off, and atleast we got it fixed, but this they seem to be safer doing , i know alot are gonna be pissed that were banking the 500 every month to buy subs, or put some extra sc during triple or double so they coudl buy subs laterr on, think they woudl have warrend atleast, but agian , fuck em

Click off Recurring 500 SC to enable SC Subscription Purchase

This confused me for a few minutes, but in the subscriptions page (you can get there from various way including the change subscription option), click off the "500 recurring station cash" box below the various rates to enable SC subscription purchasing.

anyone tried this

i havent tried yet, but do the walmart cards 500 bonus stack with the currently offered 500 bonus?
if so you cna buy a year sub still for 75 dollars worth of walmart cards
cuz you can still use sc to purchase subs on the soe site, not sure how long this will last, but as boostit said , you just click off the check in the 500 bonus sc box and youll have the options to pay with sc
if this sounds good to anyone , and the 500 currently offered bonus stacks with the 500 walmart card bonus , you cna still get a sub for 75 bucks for a year, not exactly 30(triple sc) or or 45 bucks(dbl sc) but still better than 120 and probally wont last long unless all the protest revert this issue, but i dont see that happening.

I don't think this game is worth 75.00 a year based off the last 2 shitty expansions they released if you multiply the 75.00 x # of accounts which is different for others but surely here most probably have more then 1 account.

not i

i wont be taking part in that , was just trying to give anyone that may have wanted to buy a year sub cheap and now see the window rapidly closing a last resort.
the customer service and the way they do things and treat people, and the way 50 people there have 70 diffrent answers everytime you encounter an issue, and the dumb ass shit they nerf to just piss people off (enchanters most recently) and the crap crap crap, im playing this game till the whells fall off, but doesnt seem that will be long, and in the mean time i wont be giving them any extra money

Won't using up the SC to buy the non-reoccur membership if you already have an active subscription cancel out the "active" status? Thus, you won't get the 500 SC awarded on the time left on your active sub?

Hope that wasn't worded to make your eyes roll :eek:

But, I currently have a couple of active subs which I payed for via credit card on the 2 year cycle. I was going to cancel membership (will make it inactive) and then use up my SC cash to buy a non reoccur one, while the website is still allowing it.

can still do it by going thru soe login , shopping, membership, alternate payment plan

Did they add 6 weeks of game time to anyone's accounts that are active? I had checked my renewal dates for my reoccuring accounts about 2 months ago, the renewal date got bumped 6 weeks more.

And I answered my own question from earlier in this thread, when you cancel an active account it no longer gives you 500 sc/month starting from that date forward. So best to check how much time you have left on your active accounts before cancelling and burning the SC for membership. If its to far into the future for cancellation might want to hold onto the SC and let it grant you the 500 sc/month till it becomes close to the renewal date.

Have to admit, this is low even for Sony.

I already bought 1yr subs with SC a few weeks ago. Can you extend that to two years? I suspect not. Which means I too am stuck with thousands of SC on multiple accounts which I had bought during a triple-SC promotion specifically to buy the next expansion and pay for a second year.

The irony is there's nothing we can really do about it except complain, and threaten to cancel our subs. They have every right to change what they carry in the Marketplace and what they allow to be bought with SC.

If this was PLANNED by Sony, and it seems to have been, that's a pretty cunning scheme, assuming they don't care about pissing off the customer base.

Hmm... well I can always buy a shitload of 32-slot bags. I'm imagining an entire bank inventory of 32-slot bags... man, the amount of shit I could hang onto for no real purpose forever.... /dream

Last edited:
Have to admit, this is low even for Sony.

I already bought 1yr subs with SC a few weeks ago. Can you extend that to two years? I suspect not. Which means I too am stuck with thousands of SC on multiple accounts which I had bought during a triple-SC promotion specifically to buy the next expansion and pay for a second year.

You can extend to 2 years. I had dumped 30000 SC on 2 brand new accounts which I don't even have EQ subscription on, was planning to use them at some point. I just bought 2 years worth on those. Guess I'll have to transfer 1-2 alts onto those, wasn't planning on doing it so soon, but with this crap they pulled had to buy a sub today.

This is such fucking bullshit.
I had hoarded over 20000SC over the last year by buying cards in double and triple sc times. Now I have a ton of useless fucking SC to buy... oh, a weapon ornament to make my character look ridiculously overpowered at level 1!

OMG THANKS U GUIZE 4 DA BAIT N SWITCH.
GO FUCK YOURSELVES.

OMG YOU SO RETARDED!

It is not a bait and switch... You need to learn what that really is. They never promised you to be able to play off station cash.

well this attachement says they did

Attachments

• GGSOE[1].jpg
    GGSOE[1].jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 26