Gm Alert

deathstryker

Reaction score
Since joining the guide community and using mq2 recently.. I've been doing some testing with the gm alert. GM Alert seems to function even with the /hideme feature that guides get that makes them completely invisible to other players. I am not sure if GM-Admins get a more impressive invis or stealth function than us Guides get, however as of now GM Alert seems to work regardless or not if I am hidden with /hideme command or not. If anyone has anymore clarification on this subject please way in.

Have you tried using /hideme then zoning and seeing the person in the next zone still detects it?

Doesn't zoning break the /hideme ?

I was in SL just idling and my GM alert went off. I went to check out who the named was that was setting it off and the "GM" had a normal blue title. I didn't inspect him, but he looked like a normal pc who was a low level. No guide event was going on, he was just sitting in front of another character (maybe trading stuff) then left the zone.

Can they hide/disguise their nameplates so it isn't green anymore? It has happened before and I always thought it was a bug.

Last edited:
If you see a "GM or Guide" in blue it just means they are in /anon mode. So they when you do /who all gm it doesn't show them in the list to be online. That's typically done to keep the tells down.

/hideme seems to be zone by zone invis buff. Because once you zone /hideme invis disappears it doesn't last beyond the current zone your in. If I am on my guide account I can port to say pok or then the guild lobby, I will loose /hideme. However even with /hideme running the GM Alert can still see me.

This still begs the question what are "GM-Admins" using to completely hide themselves from GM Alert?