Free J1 Mercs

voodoo13

Reaction score
Shroud down to lvl 5, buy a j1 merc (it'll be free), suspend it, re-shroud back to your lvl and hit upgrade. Now you have a free j1 merc! Make sure you have the amount required for the merc or it wont work.

Last edited:
Haha, nice find. I bet SOE would give anything to go back and not release shrouds. They just can't seem to fix all the exploits / bugs relating to them.

It's a thing of beauty.

This one will be fixed now, esp thankz to all the guys on mayong buying and selling them.

How the hell do you sell a merc?

when did they un-fix this? i was using it to hire a merc with a name/look i liked, but when you hit upgrade it charged you for it .. there was a patch few weeks back to fix it. also i have heard that if you higher a merc while shrouded, every time there after that you shroud and unshroud you have to pay to "upgrade" the merc.

Just guessing but it appears they are worried about this getting hit with the nerf bat . . .

This a site for information such as what the OP posted. I'm sorry, I'm not going to remove it after it has already been up for 23 hours. Its a constant battle of do we let folks post, or do we hide when they do. Do you let everyone know, or only the couple who figured it out? Either way people get pissed at us.

Sorry to say but there is no reason to remove this. The expliot has been around for over 6 months just in different ways and all had to do with shrouds. Good post btw, its been talked about and noted in irc for months also. Just like alot of other things that people lose out on.

Sorry to say but there is no reason to remove this. The expliot has been around for over 6 months just in different ways and all had to do with shrouds. Good post btw, its been talked about and noted in irc for months also. Just like alot of other things that people lose out on.

Yup IRC Roxxors...
I recommend it to all
except that HTW guy... he just causes trouble

Yeah this definitely is not abuse-prone enough to warrant removal. No one's going to be able to see that you're not paying and if there happens to be a GM browsing these boards, then oh well. We can't be scared into not posting helpful information for the community by the fact that a GM could buy a subscription.

Last time I checked this is a Cheat Website and this is the Cheats and Guide section of that website.

If someone wants to post a sploit or cheat or guide. Good on 'em!

So, anyone have 11.6K I can borrow for 1omin on Mayong while I do this?

lol

BB

Just tried this. Shrouded from 58 to 5, got the J1, suspended it, de-shrouded and had to pay. Is it a particular race? I tried with human.

EDIT: Okay after reading voodoo13's post I tried this again. With the money on the character before shrouding, works fine.

Last edited:
buddaump

I tried this as well on my Druid, (69) Shrouded to level 5, when i unshrouded i was required to pay. i thought maybe the cash just didnt poof from our inventory, but sure enough it was gone.

I did it with the money on my non shrouded character.