Facebook page

Hey guys, I started a facebook page to bitch about Sony's actions... it is

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sony-Must-Make-Amends/200495126658179

If you got facebook, please take a moment and LIKE, and even share what you thing of the situation... I am pissed at Sony... that is the reason why I started this page... Thank you for your support.

Bishop521

You sir are a douche think i will make a facebook page to troll you on. Why hate on the company that got attacked is beyond me. SOE made mistakes its life shit happens.

Seriously with as much other shit going on it you have to resort to flamming soe you are more pathetic then i am and that is pretty pathetic

If you got facebook, please take a moment and LIKE, and even share what you thing of the situation... I am pissed at Sony... that is the reason why I started this page... Thank you for your support.

Bishop521

You sir are a douche think i will make a facebook page to troll you on. Why hate on the company that got attacked is beyond me. SOE made mistakes its life shit happens.

Seriously with as much other shit going on it you have to resort to flamming soe you are more pathetic then i am and that is pretty pathetic

I will make a facebook page supporting JJ's facebook page.

Bishop521

I will make a facebook page to support JJ's page and to troll Petey's page.

so where's the , "thanks fuckers for making it so we can't play EQ!!!" page?

Wheres this page, JJ? I want to "Like!"

sony KNEW about the security flaws

Bishop521

JJ I would say bitching and going off on Sony when they KNEW for months about the problem, and admit it See 3rd link, is well deserved. But they also didn't even take basic security steps. This is not the early 90s where security and the net are a joke. However Sony is absolutely responsible for this breach and the resulting shutdown. It was very foreseeable that if you don't secure your network someone WILL hack it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...w-about-psn-software-problems-for-months.aspx
"Spafford claims that Sony's Apache web server software had not been updated and had no firewall, leaving huge holes in Sony's security. He also says that this problem had been "reported in an open forum monitored by Sony employees" as much as two or three months before the recent hacking problems that have brought down PSN."

http://www.develop-online.net/news/37592/Sony-We-knew-PSN-security-flaws

http://consumerist.com/2011/05/secu...re-was-obsolete-months-before-psn-breach.html

Bishop521

Sony did this to themselves. If I kept detailed documentation of all my customers and left it in my garage and never closed the door. If it was stolen, how would you distribute the blame? 100% to the thief and 0 to me?

The fact that this is a MASSIVE global technology company, and that we are all paying customers, I would put it closer to 10% of blame on the thief and 90% on Sony. The fact that SOX has been around for nearly 10 years now, and that we're in the situation where we are at means 1 of 2 things.

1) the top of the company knew of these problems and did nothing to address them. Auditors would have likely have made recommendations to fix these issues. The company should be fined a LOT of money, along with the firing of the CTO/CEO/CFO.

2) the top of the company had no idea what is going on. Either they weren't implementing SOX or they weren't implementing it correctly and they hired cheech and chong to do their external audits. Regardless, the company should be fined a LOT of money, along with the firing of the CTO/CEO/CFO.

I am bitter over this (especially since I am responsible for the system security of many servers) and when you combine the lack of reporting/announcements from the company, I am getting to the point I am foaming at the mouth. Sony was blind sided by this and wasn't even remotely prepared. This is not acceptable.

</blog>

Bishop521

I will make a facebook page to support JJ's page and to troll Petey's page.

I wanna Trolololololololololol

Mori you gotta send me that vid I love it and wanna pass along to few others!

Sony did this to themselves. If I kept detailed documentation of all my customers and left it in my garage and never closed the door. If it was stolen, how would you distribute the blame? 100% to the thief and 0 to me?

Sorry Rob, but yes, 100% of the blame should go to the thief. Stupid fucker shouldn't be in my garage, whether it is open, locked or whatever. Someone comes onto someone's else's property uninvited and steals something, he is a thief, peroid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o"]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Jelly Doughnut Scene[/ame]

Damn didnt realize Private Pile was Goren from Law and Order... knew that was him in MIB1 but damn...

Think your missing the point Anon456... sure random cash in the wallet and thats about it would be 100% the thief's fault... but hitting a gold mine in loot be it physical items or information needed to steal someones identity is the same thing as framing the Mona Lisa in your house and then putting up signs "Beware the Dog" but not actually installing a security system or buying a dog to defer thieves. Thats what we are talking about here.

Honestly the hacking community of Anon that is responsible can preach all they want about big corporations fucking the little guy and sticking it to the man all they want... and normally I would give a shit but privately think good for you even if it meant a cold turkey break to the EQ addiction. But the second they took CC shit and personal info for identity theft to sell to the highest bidder it stopped being about fucking the man and became a hollow cry that was more about lining their own pockets. Money may ensure continued job survival or something to the hacker equivalent but fucking over those you are preaching that you are saving from the big bad corporations is an exercise in hypocritical. Fuck SoE or PS by all means if you want to make a point... steal their client base sensitive info and sell it and you just cut the high moral ground your basing your purpose off of off at the knees.

Seriously is it just me or is common sense no longer common but something rare and to be cherished when it actually is used?

Sorry Rob, but yes, 100% of the blame should go to the thief. Stupid fucker shouldn't be in my garage, whether it is open, locked or whatever. Someone comes onto someone's else's property uninvited and steals something, he is a thief, peroid.

Sony is a public company. They must follow Sarbanes Oxley and must do internal and external audits of their systems. Typically you make processes that would ensure that the business is up and running (eg: monitoring) and the data is safe (backups, encryption, etc). You should have internal audits of these controls once or twice a year (more if you failed them). You typically have an external audit once a year (again, more if you failed them the previous time). I'm 100% nerdraging on this one.

Lets try another scenario.

You put your money in a bank.
Overnight, the bank leaves the front door open and the bank vault open, but leaves the cameras on.
Someone comes in and takes your money along with everyone elses money.
The next day they notice money is missing so they shutdown the bank, bring in a bunch of armed guards to watch over the now empty vault while at the same time not letting you have access to it.

Now, in this scenario, who is at fault for this? The thief committed a crime, no doubt, but most of my blame would/should be directed at the bank for their complete and utter incompetence. Would you bank with them again? What if they put up a sign, "Now with security!" ?

Damn didnt realize Private Pile was Goren from Law and Order... knew that was him in MIB1 but damn...

Think your missing the point Anon456... sure random cash in the wallet and thats about it would be 100% the thief's fault... but hitting a gold mine in loot be it physical items or information needed to steal someones identity is the same thing as framing the Mona Lisa in your house and then putting up signs "Beware the Dog" but not actually installing a security system or buying a dog to defer thieves. Thats what we are talking about here.

Honestly the hacking community of Anon that is responsible can preach all they want about big corporations fucking the little guy and sticking it to the man all they want... and normally I would give a shit but privately think good for you even if it meant a cold turkey break to the EQ addiction. But the second they took CC shit and personal info for identity theft to sell to the highest bidder it stopped being about fucking the man and became a hollow cry that was more about lining their own pockets. Money may ensure continued job survival or something to the hacker equivalent but fucking over those you are preaching that you are saving from the big bad corporations is an exercise in hypocritical. Fuck SoE or PS by all means if you want to make a point... steal their client base sensitive info and sell it and you just cut the high moral ground your basing your purpose off of off at the knees.

Seriously is it just me or is common sense no longer common but something rare and to be cherished when it actually is used?

Thing is, they (Anon) didn't take it; it's not their MO. Sure, they probably DDOS'd them into oblivion, but they only fight against companies who hinder free speech or try to censor things. Stealing personal information isn't their style and this was the act of individuals who Anon is trying to distance themselves from. Common sense died when people could sue for spilling hot coffee on themselves and win.

Thing is, they (Anon) didn't take it; it's not their MO. Sure, they probably DDOS'd them into oblivion, but they only fight against companies who hinder free speech or try to censor things. Stealing personal information isn't their style and this was the act of individuals who Anon is trying to distance themselves from. Common sense died when people could sue for spilling hot coffee on themselves and win.

Who stole the CC and personal info then? I was under the impression it was ANON and they tried selling back to SoE before offering to the black market?

But ya I'm totally with you there on the whole original retarded McDonald's coffee suit. Spill that shit on yourself its your own damn fault and instead of millions of dollars I'd offer you a kick to the head to try to fix what is obviously wrong cause money isnt going to solve it!

Maybe I could make millions of dollars if I designed a shirt that said "Common sense... no longer so common"!

Last edited: