Disk Partition

BlueBug

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a *free* hard drive partioner to creat a new partion so I can dual boot without deleting my present windows partition? I'd like to create another partition but leave what I've got intact.

Thanks all

BB

Last edited:
Paragon partition manager 9.0 is what I use

cannt you just use the one in windows?

cannt you just use the one in windows?

Now I'm going to show my ignorance. If you mean the one that shows up when one tries to install the OS, it dosen't highlight. So, I thought I had to have a partition set up before I tried.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for hte responses~

BB

in vista right click my computer --> click manage --> disc management

you can also do it during install at the install window. You should be able to select what size you wish to for your hard drive to use. Just type in the right size leaving some to spare and create another drive after.

Last edited:
JJ, doing that will destroy the partitions that exist. Unless I misunderstand, he wants his existing installation to remain intact & bootable, while shrinking the partition to leave room for a new one, so he can then install another OS on it and dual boot.

That would require partition magic, paragon, etc. There may be an open source one, and there is one for linux (can boot live linux & resize even fat32/ntfs afaik), etc., but I can't think right off what they are called.

htw

Thanks for hte replies guy. I ended up F'ing up the partition I had but gpt the job done....and a day and a half of DLing what I lost. lol But, the end justified the means I guess =).

Thanks all~~

BB