Explorer Macro - not working

In the interest of transparency, we received this today about the macro.

Gentlemen-

It has come to my attention that for approximately the last 10 months you have been distributing a modified version of my Explore.mac macro, or a work derived from it, through your website MMOBugs, through your MMOLoader application, your GITHub repository (https://github.com/MMOBugs/MMOBugs-Macros/tree/219d815e6427dd167215424ce105d9011e42a2a7/Explorer) and possibly other means. I am the original author and copyright holder of the macro. It was fraudulently claimed by Mr. Barkwillow (aka. Fizen / Fizz) as an original work by him. I have contacted him separately and he has already pulled the files from his forum posts and other download locations. I need to ask you cease and desist distribution or advertisement of my work. Attached is my Certificate of Registration of the Copyright for reference. It can also be found at: https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/P...loR0dibZ5Now8uLDM7Lb&SEQ=20211019130250&SID=1

If you would like to discuss site-licensing the macro from me, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Blake Deakins

aka. Denethor of RedGuides.com

At this point we're just trying to gather more information.

Attachments

• Explore_Mac_Copyright.png
    Explore_Mac_Copyright.png
    3 MB · Views: 37
From a software developer perspective, if it is just an "idea" derivative, I do not think it would pass the smell test for a copyright infringement. Ideas are not copyrightable, only algorithms, and actual code. I have not looked at the 2 codebases to see if they are in fact copies of each other. I actually started on a similar project 10-12 years ago called RunTo.mac, that basically ran me to the various zones I was always going to at that time. But that in no way entitles me to claim any similar macro's or plugins are derivative works.

I am not a lawyer, and do not play one on TV, so my writing here is just a personal opinion.

where is this macro located? wanted to give it a try on a few chars that need boots achieve

where is this macro located? wanted to give it a try on a few chars that need boots achieve

It's located in MMOBugs Macro Repository

You need explorer.mac, and the Explorer folder copied into your macro folder.

This macro brought out a crazy penis measuring contest behind closed doors so please make sure you enjoy using the macro.

Last edited:
Thanks fry and appreciate the explanation as I would have asked that ha. I will enjoy it for sure! thanks! Ah sorry, not particularly good at this, how do you download something from github? or do i just copy the file contents?

Last edited: