Daybreak Upcoming Patch Targeting MMOBugs Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully believe MQ users should stay clear of the new Phinny server. Just let them have their thing and stop worrying or trying to interrupt them. There are plenty of other Live servers and 4 other TLP servers that you can enjoy yourselves with.

I personally will continue 6 boxing (gold accounts) and enjoy playing and raiding with friends and guild mates (I only box on raids if there are vacant spots and if its box friendly) until they ban me. If they want to sweep through and get rid of MQ well then I guess that will be as good of a time as any to put EQ away.

I no longer have the time and patience that I had in my younger years to derive my entertainment from mindless time sinks and in game/voice chat communications.

If any DBG employees are reading this: I will say that I heavily encourage people to play EQ support DBG and support as many gold accounts as possible. I try to foster an environment of enjoyment and fun entertainment. I have encouraged people that quit to come back while trying MQ and they now continue to support this game. Myself and a great many others do not bother people, grief people, treat this game as a business, or degrade the enjoyment of any others. If you want to end what keeps people here then go for it. You will be losing many good people and many more account subs and marketplace sales. Another thing to keep in mind. The lose of key people "anchors" in the community will lead to a possible chain reaction of loses.

Here's to hoping for the best for everyone, DBG, Everquest community and MQ2 Community !!!

PS: EQMule and all the MMO Devs, Admins and Mods. Thank you for all the tireless effort and work you guys put in to everything. Without that things just wouldn't be the same and Everquest would be incredibly dull. Thank you for the dedication to us and what you do.

Both sides of this argument have merit, but I'd wager the new server is wildly popular. I love MQ2 but it is a completely different playstyle without MQ2. You network, you need people, you can't open maps on a mage and find quillmane as a small example. Whether this pushes more people away or pulls more people in I can't say for sure. If phinny is a wild success I wouldn't be surprised to see them renege on their promises not to target live servers at some point. Something like a formal announcement to quit using MQ2 then they begin actively sweeping the servers. If phinny bombs miserably and people can't kill content because the boxers really are keeping EQ alive maybe they just make MQ2 legal.

It will be popular for about a year just like any other progression server they've put out. Then the population will die out. Most of the playerbase has no interest in playing on these long term.

It hasn't even been a year and the Ragefire and Lockjaw populations are starting to fall off. This is how you run a poor business, making short term investments by putting these servers out causing both your live server and progression server players to die off. Then you end up with bad resource managing priorities on which to focus on and you put out crappy expansions or you go back on your rulesets and make them up as you go along.

Its like they want to kill of EQ.

Comparing ragefire/lockjaw to Phinny server is bad comparison. Those 2 servers were trashed from the go when they wouldn't do a wipe as they put lvl 50s with full gear out for 2 days. THey also encouraged 5 mage groups.

This server will actually give them a chance to see what kind of playerbase wants to be legit.

I love the idea of the server, and I enjoy that it'll be MQ2 free (God, never thought I'd say that). I just wish I was still allowed to box from my pc. I enjoy playing 3-4 characters by hand, it never gets dull. Now I had to go around and find old PC's I haven't used in 5-7 years just so I can not spend all my time LFG.

I look forward to playing on it though, it should be a welcome change.

ISboxer will probably save you more trouble then running 5+ toons by hand. They've always said ISboxer is legal.

I've never run through ISBoxer configs on multiple pc's though, and the one thing they've stated is that only traditional boxing is legal on Phinny (unless they utterly failed to implement the code..)

I'll have to check out the documentation and see what I need to do.

Should put all my X-keys and vetra multicasters on ebay lol. And screens, micro-desktops and whatever other crap I use to use to ironman box.

I don't want to sound like CodeCompiler here, lol.... but ....

If they want a clean gold server, ask them to give us an anything goes gold server. 2007 and 2008 was the best time I've ever had in EQ and nothing my friends and I did had anything to do with other players.

It sure would be nice to have far hail when boxing in tight, twisty halls.

First of all, we are not in a negotiating position at all, they could wipe us out any second they like, unless there is some billionaire here that has a team of lawyers and are ready to use those resources for years to come...

If only we could buy our characters and move someplace run by sane people, I'd pay $100 per account to preserve them.

DBG faking votes

Most of us in TL are convinced that DBG faked this vote. It's their poor management that's lead to this bullshit. We have tons over 600 characters in TL and thats not including all the alt guilds the boxers put their boxes in. I dont know how that vote could have made it to march.. the only explanation is that lockjaw was able to vote and the vote kept resetting everyday. Yet DBG ignores this and continues to let velious be in march. Most of us are convinced this was their ploy to promote phinny. I just find it unbelievable that casuals could outnumber people with 30-60 accounts ontop of the rest of our guild.

I believe you. They faked the voting bracket for the new race/class combo. Dark Elf Ranger won by a wide margin in every run-off. The poll disappeared and they announced that Wood Elf Beastlord won. Everyone who was watching the numbers could tell that. They'll never let us watch voting again.

It will be popular for about a year just like any other progression server they've put out. Then the population will die out. Most of the playerbase has no interest in playing on these long term.

It hasn't even been a year and the Ragefire and Lockjaw populations are starting to fall off. This is how you run a poor business, making short term investments by putting these servers out causing both your live server and progression server players to die off. Then you end up with bad resource managing priorities on which to focus on and you put out crappy expansions or you go back on your rulesets and make them up as you go along.

To be honest, I'm surprised that EQ is still here and hasn't died off. The player base has taken a serious decline. General chat on my server is maybe a comment every 20-30 minutes. I was certainly interested in the concept surrounding Everquest Next, but I'm tired of playing an improved version of minecraft. I'll probably move to everquest next....if they ever get around to actually finishing it. At this rate I'll be playing Star Citizen instead.....I don't "play" EQ anymore, I simply code for fun. The game of EQ was amazing when it was first released, but I think I quit actually playing around the 10th-11th expansion. /shrug I agree with all the above quoted information lol

To be honest, I'm surprised that EQ is still here and hasn't died off. The player base has taken a serious decline. General chat on my server is maybe a comment every 20-30 minutes. I was certainly interested in the concept surrounding Everquest Next, but I'm tired of playing an improved version of minecraft. I'll probably move to everquest next....if they ever get around to actually finishing it. At this rate I'll be playing Star Citizen instead.....I don't "play" EQ anymore, I simply code for fun. The game of EQ was amazing when it was first released, but I think I quit actually playing around the 10th-11th expansion. /shrug I agree with all the above quoted information lol
Star Citizen is looking better every patch. I am really pumped for that game to hit true beta/live. It is at least another year out for that, but SQ42 should be out before then hopefully for the single player portion. I dont want to even discuss how much money I am into that game for... but suffice to say i have just about every ship i am removely interested in.

Star Citizen is looking better every patch. I am really pumped for that game to hit true beta/live. It is at least another year out for that, but SQ42 should be out before then hopefully for the single player portion. I dont want to even discuss how much money I am into that game for... but suffice to say i have just about every ship i am removely interested in.

Always see you talking about SC, but that game is just a money pit. I give a fuck how cool a game look that rewards those with funds and makes everyone else tuff it out and earn it.

I don't want to buy a second house on a video game just to have the latest ships, or spend the time to earn a second house to get those ships(30+hours a week dedicated )

Always see you talking about SC, but that game is just a money pit. I give a fuck how cool a game look that rewards those with funds and makes everyone else tuff it out and earn it.

I don't want to buy a second house on a video game just to have the latest ships, or spend the time to earn a second house to get those ships(30+hours a week dedicated )
I hear ya and can totally relate.

You dont actually have to buy any ships beyond just getting access to SQ42/PU (aka ~30-45$ for the base game access and itll come with a starter ship of your choice). So really you would save money if you got it now vs when it is launched. It will likely run $60 like any other AAA title. You can earn every ship in game and a lot of people want to do that instead of get the ships now.

It is a sandbox game, so you want to have something to achieve. There are no linear "end game" type progression like everquest. They have already built in some missions and are starting to release new features about every month since this summer.

It is quickly building into something playable but it is still far from a final product. It has the potential to be something very special if they keep up what they are doing.

ISboxer will probably save you more trouble then running 5+ toons by hand. They've always said ISboxer is legal.

Careful with this. I am wrong on this for Phinny. They are suspending/banning players based on your keystroke actions. If you are not making 1 action per keystroke, they are checking logs and suspending players.

Since the question "what things are not allowed on Phinny" has come up often, we've added this to the True Box Progression Server FAQ.

Q: What Things Are Not Allowed on This Server?

A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
Using 3rd party software.
Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.

Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
Playing on virtual machines.
Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.

plugins

Are they only targeting specific plugins on the new prog server or everything? Really all I ever use is the mapf stuff, mq2targets and hover info.

Last edited:
Are they only targeting specific plugins on the new prog server or everything? Really all I ever use is the mapf stuff, mq2targets and hover info.
mq2 on phinny = no. cant be simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.