MQ Update - 20 Feb 2022

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Hey Gang,

As you are more than likely well aware we've had MQ down for a few days due to the changes made to the EQ client for 64 bit. I had hoped we'd have it all fixed by now but parts of update were way more involved than expected.

As I can't get a full version out, I'd like to offer a basic version of MQNext for everyone to use for the time being until we get things properly fixed up.

Links:
LIVE SERVERS - MQNext - Feb 20 2022 Basic

TEST SERVER - MQNext - Feb 20 2022 Basic

It will be missing a bunch of features that we normally have and no auto update, but this is only for the intern while we get things properly sorted out.

I want to throw a huge thank you to Htw, Xeniaz, Brainiac Renji and Dannuic for the help with fixes over the last few days. I don't know what we'd do without you. Also thank you to MQNext developers working to build a community and get everything open source.

I am extremely sorry for the delay. We are working hard to get this all fixed and released as soon as we can.

Thanks.
Fry.

This doesn't come with the loader, it's just a stand alone.

Once it does get updated you would just run the updater from the MMO Loader.

I have not used MQNext , I have seen a RG youtube for converting their compile to MQNext
Is there a walk thru for converting and using our MMO MQ folder over to MQNext

Thanks in advance

Reactions: EQDAB
I read the original MQNext post:
If you're using MMOLoader autologin launcher from tray, you can transfer those profiles. Run your live mmoloader in that dir, right click launcher icon in tray, configuration. Then on the menu, click import/export, export it, give it a password, save.

I dont see that option, I dont see the part about import/export anything from anywhere
1)after I download the this MQNext, where do I put it, what should I open with
2)does anyone have this working for them currently that could post a walk thru

Does the bot work on it? That all I need lol

Last edited:
This is the one thing that has frustrated me for years, I get it, our normal compile went belly up and its being worked on
Ive heard that other folks are getting by w at least MQNext
I look here how to set it up, then I ask.... crickets

So yet again I have to go check RG forums to see what I can do to get it going, I glanced over there and it involved using their compile which I have access too but I don't normally use.
It would seem I have to play whackamole w MQ now, MMO, RG, Next, the last one w 2 variants apparently one that works w RG vanilla and one that may work with something here..........

Even under normal circumstances I pay for access here and at RG to have access to latest KISS macro and forums over there and bot plugin over here, the only reason I still use bot plugin is because I never could get rid of some error for a tank puller using this compile and KISS, so I use a bot plugin for tank

Using bot plugin I've learned to live with having to restart the game sometimes my pc after a few hours of play due to massive lag build up
When this is all over I really want more stability, less lag, and less mix matching macros plugins to get by.

Bot plugin is crap for my zerkers, paid RG pluging for zerks was a pain to use, KISS wasn't cutting it, so I use a frankenstein version of a self made macro to run zerks

bottom line I feel like I use a throw up way of using any MQ to get by and yea its tiring to get it all working
I cant ask for help at RG w anything as soon as they know i use MMO compile they've always told me to take a hike, I stopped asking for anything that is not basic stuff and even that I've stopped for a while, kind of like when I stopped asking about anything bot related here.

I don't have a good answer for you Dealings.

I compile from source. It was a PITA to get setup after the switch to x64. Took me the better part of 4-6 hrs.

The "Next" version is more configurable with respect to where files live and by default has new subfolders for:

Config
Resources
Plugins

You need to figure out where all the files live and put them in the correct spots.

I would suggest getting into the game with next first. Then trying to copy your files over.

• Wow
Reactions: EQDAB and Dhubb
This is the one thing that has frustrated me for years, I get it, our normal compile went belly up and its being worked on
Ive heard that other folks are getting by w at least MQNext
I look here how to set it up, then I ask.... crickets

So yet again I have to go check RG forums to see what I can do to get it going, I glanced over there and it involved using their compile which I have access too but I don't normally use.
It would seem I have to play whackamole w MQ now, MMO, RG, Next, the last one w 2 variants apparently one that works w RG vanilla and one that may work with something here..........

Even under normal circumstances I pay for access here and at RG to have access to latest KISS macro and forums over there and bot plugin over here, the only reason I still use bot plugin is because I never could get rid of some error for a tank puller using this compile and KISS, so I use a bot plugin for tank

Using bot plugin I've learned to live with having to restart the game sometimes my pc after a few hours of play due to massive lag build up
When this is all over I really want more stability, less lag, and less mix matching macros plugins to get by.

Bot plugin is crap for my zerkers, paid RG pluging for zerks was a pain to use, KISS wasn't cutting it, so I use a frankenstein version of a self made macro to run zerks

bottom line I feel like I use a throw up way of using any MQ to get by and yea its tiring to get it all working
I cant ask for help at RG w anything as soon as they know i use MMO compile they've always told me to take a hike, I stopped asking for anything that is not basic stuff and even that I've stopped for a while, kind of like when I stopped asking about anything bot related here.

Download the zip fry posted and put it in a new folder. Now copy and paste the inis from your mmobugs folder into the new folder where you see they go. Most ini files now go in the config folder for example.

The build that Fry posted still uses the old MQ2 file structure...I had to drop everything, INIs included, into the Macro folder or it wouldn't work.

I'm getting "Could not load MQ2Main.dll or one of its dependencies" as I'm trying to start the Macroquest.exe from the MQNextLive folder that Fry posted.
I have MS Visual Studio installed. Interestingly, I do not get this error using the MQ2Next Macroquest.exe from the Jan 13 MQNext Compile.

Any ideas?

I feel what Dealings is talking about. Mix of habits and perfect fit of Bot when you are used to know it.
My personal story is that MqNext is out of reach for me . My 10 years 3,000 dollars PC never been able to update to W10, and it seems i lack a .dll to use Next. Cant even make it start.
Im lazy buying another PC, but time has come to make the move ans with sadness, change my old electronic mate.
Arph

oh yeah the german player just above gets the sema issue. Its that damn .dll =)

• Wow
I'm actually quite a believer in starting from scratch once in a while, I find that over time my Inis config and so on tend to become bloated over time. When moving to next from mq I actually started from fresh rather than trying to migrate everything. I'm sure it's slower but I did clear up some of my old Inis and I retired a few plugins I wasn't really making a lot of use of

In an ideal set up Id like to have bot fuck off, kiss fuck off maybe MQ fuck off
Use Next, Core and Lua stuff

I am sure I have the hardware to "evolve" I just haven't been made familiar with that transition
It is my perceived notion that folks that have moved on, have much better performance (lag) and much better control, I dont think folks running 54 toons are running either MQ2bot or KISS to run or control their one man raids.

If there is any wish for me is to look for these greener pastures most likely still being an MMO member as well as RG

Windows 7 64 bit doesn't run Next 64 bit. Not totally sure what the issue is, but I understand that the dev's have said they aren't going to fix it.