MQ Update - 20 Feb 2022

We're up to 7 developers now as we had to get some more eyes on this due. (Brainiac, Htw, Renji, Xeniaz, Knightly, Dannuic and myself).

I'm living off 5 hours sleep a night trying to push this through as fast as I can. It's not a simple fix, it is the most complicated updates we've had to handle before.

I am really sorry for the downtime, but please just hang in there. I really can't give an ETA as problems keep arising but we're making more and more progress each day.

Use the first page links of this thread for the time being as they do work. Hopefully we'll have a full release out soonish. Again I am really sorry for the downtime.
Thanks for all the hard work you are all putting into this, It's really appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

So I tried the rg compile for the first time. Cwtn plugins are totally awesome. KA Mac tho I don't like. This is mostly due to lazyness on my part I'm sure but I a mixed bag of luck after trying the premade inis. None of them really worked well. Do cwtns plugins work with mmobugs or exclusive to rg? If I could use a combo of cwtn + mq2bot w/ active hacks I'd be a happy camper.

On this temporary mq2next vanilla deal, is there a list of somewhat working plugins so we know what we can and cant use?

Reactions: MissTerious
you can use the plugins that are actually available in the compile there is nothing i believe that falls in the active category

So I tried the rg compile for the first time. Cwtn plugins are totally awesome. KA Mac tho I don't like. This is mostly due to lazyness on my part I'm sure but I a mixed bag of luck after trying the premade inis. None of them really worked well. Do cwtns plugins work with mmobugs or exclusive to rg? If I could use a combo of cwtn + mq2bot w/ active hacks I'd be a happy camper.
I believe the only 2 that work over here are rogue and zerker but I may be off. Would have to get a better answer from the powers that be for sure.

Should be able to talk to ctwn and get access to them here once we are back to the normal compile, assuming you are to date on the payment for them.

I have been making progress towards getting Entropy going, they say only works w MQ2Next so I hope that when the dust settles there will be a solid MMO version of MQ2Next. As I havent had any luck w a tank puller using KISS (again think its one of my inis maybe melee ini), if I dont fix my tank/puller issue ill be missing bot plugin, laggy as it was it was better than nothing.

I am getting by pretty well with MQNext , will we able to continue to use it here? If so will it have some more plugins added
MQ2EQWire would be nice (vlad utils I used out of habit), just to name a few of the many plugins we used to have access to

I am getting by pretty well with MQNext , will we able to continue to use it here? If so will it have some more plugins added
MQ2EQWire would be nice (vlad utils I used out of habit), just to name a few of the many plugins we used to have access to

If you're using next eqwire is useless. /framelimiter

I can't speak for Fry but I expect you will have access to all the plugins.

As far as performance:

In my experience MQNext is much more efficient in terms of CPU usage. Under the hood they have made some huge improvements to string access to/from the EQ client. They also have an extensive profiling tool in game that I was able to identify a section of one of my macros that was causing my frame rate to go from ~90+ FPS down to 4 FPS which turned my puller into putty.

The built in frame limiter is way better as well.
Press the EQ button -> Macroquest Settings -> FPS Limiter

Testing this morning:
- No frame limiter - 200 FPS render / 200 FPS simulation - 10-12% CPU usage.
- Enabled foreground - 45 FPS render / 45 FPS simulation - 2-3% CPU usage
- Enabled background - 4 FPS render / 45 FPS simulation - 0.5% - 1.2% CPU usage.

Those are as reported in game via the "FPS limiter" window and you have can tune the parameters to what ever you need for your setup.

Using MQ2 + MQ2FPS / MQ2EQWire - I could load 12 characters on my computer but would hit close to 100 CPU usage. Now I'm about half that.

• Love
Reactions: MissTerious
You can set background render to 0 and it will have no impact on in game performance on them toons. Unlike eqwire and mq2fps. It will also use 0% of your GPU

I can't speak for Fry but I expect you will have access to all the plugins.

As far as performance:

In my experience MQNext is much more efficient in terms of CPU usage. Under the hood they have made some huge improvements to string access to/from the EQ client. They also have an extensive profiling tool in game that I was able to identify a section of one of my macros that was causing my frame rate to go from ~90+ FPS down to 4 FPS which turned my puller into putty.

The built in frame limiter is way better as well.
Press the EQ button -> Macroquest Settings -> FPS Limiter

Testing this morning:
- No frame limiter - 200 FPS render / 200 FPS simulation - 10-12% CPU usage.
- Enabled foreground - 45 FPS render / 45 FPS simulation - 2-3% CPU usage
- Enabled background - 4 FPS render / 45 FPS simulation - 0.5% - 1.2% CPU usage.

Those are as reported in game via the "FPS limiter" window and you have can tune the parameters to what ever you need for your setup.

Using MQ2 + MQ2FPS / MQ2EQWire - I could load 12 characters on my computer but would hit close to 100 CPU usage. Now I'm about half that.

I bet it won't "play nice" (pun intended) with ISBoxer. I know the autologins don't like each other. I suspect they won 't know which one is supposed to be doing the load balancing.

set background render to 0
where can i do this (is it the in game bacground FPS under video settings advanced?)
currently we don't have MQ2FPS or MQ2EQWIRE

where can i do this (is it the in game bacground FPS under video settings advanced?)
currently we don't have MQ2FPS or MQ2EQWIRE

Press the EQ button -> "Macroquest" -> "Settings"

On the left side of the window that pops up is a line "FPS Limiter"

I have:

[x] Enable frame limiting when in the background
[x] Render game scene
-- slider set to 4 FPS
[_] draw ImGui at simulation rate
[_] draw Game UI at simulation rate

[x] Enable frame limiting when in the foreground
-- slider set to 45 FPS

|> Advanced Options
- Slider for Minimum Simulation Rate set to 45 FPS

I do not like having the background rendering set to 0 / blank because I often have a web browser open to the side. When EQ loses focus the EQ window blanks out or stops responding.

I had modified my version of MQ2FPS to include a feature that allowed the "Top Most" EQ client to keep rendering as if it were in the foreground. Which made it so I could be doing other stuff while still maintaining visuals of what my EQ client is doing.

Maybe someday I'll grok git gud enough to be able to update the code frame limiter code and implement that feature again as its really the only thing I miss from MQ2

Press the EQ button -> "Macroquest" -> "Settings"

On the left side of the window that pops up is a line "FPS Limiter"

I have:

[x] Enable frame limiting when in the background
[x] Render game scene
-- slider set to 4 FPS
[_] draw ImGui at simulation rate
[_] draw Game UI at simulation rate

[x] Enable frame limiting when in the foreground
-- slider set to 45 FPS

|> Advanced Options
- Slider for Minimum Simulation Rate set to 45 FPS

I do not like having the background rendering set to 0 / blank because I often have a web browser open to the side. When EQ loses focus the EQ window blanks out or stops responding.

I had modified my version of MQ2FPS to include a feature that allowed the "Top Most" EQ client to keep rendering as if it were in the foreground. Which made it so I could be doing other stuff while still maintaining visuals of what my EQ client is doing.

Maybe someday I'll grok git gud enough to be able to update the code frame limiter code and implement that feature again as its really the only thing I miss from MQ2

You can set render to 0 and have it not clear the screen (go black). Also settings can be char based so your tank can have one setting and your bots can have another.