Daybreak Upcoming Patch Targeting MMOBugs Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, we are not in a negotiating position at all, they could wipe us out any second they like, unless there is some billionaire here that has a team of lawyers and are ready to use those resources for years to come...

That sum's it up, If they wanted to KILL MQ2, tossing out "Cease & Desist" letters to every link in the chain, they could. The fact that they chose communication vs. litigation / detection war, says enuff.

I dont play on any of the progression type servers as I was there for all that bullshit in 1999. I rarely box anymore, use no active hacks, and other than maps and melee functions, my plugin use is pretty softcore.

It's too late in the game honestly to warrant any serious effort fighting a war for a nominal "purity" progression server.

First of all, we are not in a negotiating position at all, they could wipe us out any second they like, unless there is some billionaire here that has a team of lawyers and are ready to use those resources for years to come...

That sum's it up, If they wanted to KILL MQ2, tossing out "Cease & Desist" letters to every link in the chain, they could. The fact that they chose communication vs. litigation / detection war, says enuff.

I dont play on any of the progression type servers as I was there for all that bullshit in 1999. I rarely box anymore, use no active hacks, and other than maps and melee functions, my plugin use is pretty softcore.

It's too late in the game honestly to warrant any serious effort fighting a war for a nominal "purity" progression server.

Cease & Desist are way harder to enforce on open source software. Blizzard cant even get the courts to stop letting honorbuddy be released.

Could't you just move to tor and release it that way ? And change payments over to btc.

People who argue they only use mq2 for the map can just use myseq. It works on all servers, doesn't take a genius to run and because there is no easy way to disable it, it will work on phinny as well...

We have a very simple choice here: mq2 on phinny which means detection of mq2 users on all the other servers, or no mq2 on phinny and we are left alone on the other servers.

It's easy to demand mq2 on phinny, but I imagine there would be a lot of complaints once the bannings begin and no mq2 update on patchdays cause we are too busy trying to crack their detection... I was there when the memcheckers where introduced and the mouse was disabled, mq was down for months, before we figured it out... Do you guys really want that again? Phinny will be dead before we can get it sorted and then all that is left is a smoking crater on the other servers cause without a working mq2 people won't have a reason to still play.

The detection used now is easy to defeat compared to what they could add if they knew we where going to circumvent it.
Updating mq2 is not a paid job, it's volunteering time, I can't pay rent or food to dedicate more than a few hours per month on what the donometer brings in... (More often than not I still spend days working on it even though I really shouldn't)

Anyway mq2 is open source, if the majority of its users really want a new mq2 dev that is willing to spend more time than me on it for free, then by all means, we can enable it on phinny and roll the dice.

Your tireless hours keeping MQ alive this past few years means a lot to most of us. Donation sent !

Just curious will we be able to play on a normal server using MQ and play on phinny at same time without? will there be something in the code to not let it load into Phinny? That would be pretty cool if there was !

I don't want to sound like CodeCompiler here, lol.... but ....

If they want a clean gold server, ask them to give us an anything goes gold server. 2007 and 2008 was the best time I've ever had in EQ and nothing my friends and I did had anything to do with other players.

If they want a clean gold server, ask them to give us an anything goes gold server. 2007 and 2008 was the best time I've ever had in EQ and nothing my friends and I did had anything to do with other players.

Hell yea... nodelay killing raid mobs in TSS was incredibly thrilling. That kept me in game for a really long time when I was getting bored.

Hell yea... nodelay killing raid mobs in TSS was incredibly thrilling. That kept me in game for a really long time when I was getting bored.

and would get boring just as fast. Whats the point if there is no challenge ?

Both agree and disagree. I used nodelay in 2007 when soloing and to get gear (mainly augs) that I normally would not have been able to access. That was nice BUT it did get boring after a while. I ended up quitting EQ for 3 years: 2008-2011.

I wouldn't use it again ever but without MQ2 and a few key features like: Mq2bot and a couple of "minor" active hacks (chiefly warp) I would quit EQ again.

Nodelay was awesome for leveling up new toons though. And farming tradeskill materials. There was one mission in DoDH in an instance where I would wipe out the place, then loot all the goodies. Rinse repeat several times but not too often so as to attract attention, then it was off to the Bazaar to sell all the drops to buyers. Pocket 50k a night easy.

Good times. Everyone said you needed a monk but I did just fine with a warrior using a 2hander.

I would pay more for a no rules server.

This is pretty interesting because I've seen people all over LJ claiming that there would be no MQ for Phinny and that they're cracking down, yada yada yada and I just figured it was kids crying, wishing, and hoping. But after reading this post I guess its totally true.

EQMule/Fry why are you guys ok with the detection for this server? Is it because you want to value the servers rules itself or do you want to comply to avoid a large rift between MQ/DBG in large?

I assume its probably a bit of both. My main account has done plenty of warping over the last 12 years, so I'm sure my account has been flagged for years regarding using some sort of hack and they've never once suspended or ban me. I'm not too concerned.

I just want to make sure that you guys are prepared to start combating detection if DBG goes beyond their boundaries of this little...semi agreement? I don't know what to call it.

I doubt they are detecting automation outright, but I know 100% for sure they are banning people that automate on LJ/RF - I personally had one group of only 3 characters hit, two others in the guild had groups hit. They essentially /stick to your toon (while you're afk) on normal PC toons (or invisible objects, its weird i'm not sure how to explain it) like you will see _DEADLY_AURA next to you, and you can only see it because of MQ2, there is no GM warning etc. Then boom, kicked offline. I was playing with it high risk (so were they to be honest) and I/we got caught, but they have definitely stepped up to stop automation on their own.

Cease & Desist are way harder to enforce on open source software. Blizzard cant even get the courts to stop letting honorbuddy be released.

Honorbuddy is also 'hosted' technically like anonymous, there are what, 30 main devs and hundreds of helpers? from a hundred different countries, impossible to enforce on any level.

and would get boring just as fast. Whats the point if there is no challenge ?

Honestly the most fun I've ever had in EQ was a competition with myself to single handedly gear entire accounts in raid, almost like a private server. It was actually really fun, or figuring out the best GK/ND spots for xp and whatnot.

wow mq2cast on active scan list ... wow ... this is plain vanilla watch of the ui interface / movement / cast bar to cast a skills by clicking the button basically ... single cast of 1 spells / skills / discipline ...

fun fun fun!
s0rcier

I doubt they are detecting automation outright, but I know 100% for sure they are banning people that automate on LJ/RF - I personally had one group of only 3 characters hit, two others in the guild had groups hit. They essentially /stick to your toon (while you're afk) on normal PC toons (or invisible objects, its weird i'm not sure how to explain it) like you will see _DEADLY_AURA next to you, and you can only see it because of MQ2, there is no GM warning etc. Then boom, kicked offline. I was playing with it high risk (so were they to be honest) and I/we got caught, but they have definitely stepped up to stop automation on their own.

Where did you bot? I botted in seb for like 72 hours straight afk and had no issues. I didnt even have them moving, it was all pet pulling 4 mage 1 ench 1 cleric lol it was obvious to anyone with a map or came to watch. Did it for a month or so off and on with 2-3 groups in diff instances of seb. You must have went to really high traffic areas, like efreeti. Lots of people botted there, I tried it but it was too much babysitting, got tells every 10-20 minutes from somneone going through each instance camp checking. I knew some other boxers botting with their groups too, had no issues. Pretty much why I say even if this server has some progressive ideas, dbg still lacks customer support.

Never saw any sort of deadly auras.

I did get suspended for naming my toon asshole and getting a phinny serverwide, lulz.

xftQni9.png

Last edited:

Where did you bot? I botted in seb for like 72 hours straight afk and had no issues. I didnt even have them moving, it was all pet pulling 4 mage 1 ench 1 cleric lol it was obvious to anyone with a map or came to watch. Did it for a month or so off and on with 2-3 groups in diff instances of seb. You must have went to really high traffic areas, like efreeti. Lots of people botted there, I tried it but it was too much babysitting, got tells every 10-20 minutes from somneone going through each instance camp checking. I knew some other boxers botting with their groups too, had no issues. Pretty much why I say even if this server has some progressive ideas, dbg still lacks customer support.

Never saw any sort of deadly auras.

I did get suspended for naming my toon asshole and getting a phinny serverwide, lulz.

xftQni9.png

I'm 99% sure they only respond to automation when it's reported, but it was castle mistmoore in a rather high traffic area.

Yea I've been botting on LJ with 6 toons for weeks, totally afk for nights and days and haven't had any issues. Now obviously I find pretty secluded places so no one around to really report me.

I fully believe MQ users should stay clear of the new Phinny server. Just let them have their thing and stop worrying or trying to interrupt them. There are plenty of other Live servers and 4 other TLP servers that you can enjoy yourselves with.

I personally will continue 6 boxing (gold accounts) and enjoy playing and raiding with friends and guild mates (I only box on raids if there are vacant spots and if its box friendly) until they ban me. If they want to sweep through and get rid of MQ well then I guess that will be as good of a time as any to put EQ away.

I no longer have the time and patience that I had in my younger years to derive my entertainment from mindless time sinks and in game/voice chat communications.

If any DBG employees are reading this: I will say that I heavily encourage people to play EQ support DBG and support as many gold accounts as possible. I try to foster an environment of enjoyment and fun entertainment. I have encouraged people that quit to come back while trying MQ and they now continue to support this game. Myself and a great many others do not bother people, grief people, treat this game as a business, or degrade the enjoyment of any others. If you want to end what keeps people here then go for it. You will be losing many good people and many more account subs and marketplace sales. Another thing to keep in mind. The lose of key people "anchors" in the community will lead to a possible chain reaction of loses.

Here's to hoping for the best for everyone, DBG, Everquest community and MQ2 Community !!!

PS: EQMule and all the MMO Devs, Admins and Mods. Thank you for all the tireless effort and work you guys put in to everything. Without that things just wouldn't be the same and Everquest would be incredibly dull. Thank you for the dedication to us and what you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.