Bodybuilding

Krugerr

Maxxor Haxxor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just posted in another thread and realised, we dont have a thread about Gym work!

So any of you guys gym?

Im currently on a powerlifting cycle, Deadlifts, Bench and Squats 3 times a week, ive thrown in a few other things on off days, but keepingit light,

Bench - 80kg (176lbs)
Deadlift - 150kg (330lbs)
Squat - 110kg (240lbs)

Thats what im at currently, my main goal for this year is to get bench to 120kg, deadlifts over 200kg and squat to 150kg.

Post yours!

Bench - 225
Squat - 225

Dont deadlift but, I am shooting for 275-300 bench by end of summer

the gun show is that way /flex

bench is also 225...

can squat about 300 or so

yeah deadlift is super dangerous imo so i dont do that.

too many horror stories.

Just graduated from being a 4 year college athlete. Will never bench or Squat over like 250 ever again. Trying to get 225x20 on bench and 250x20 for squat. Gonna take me a while to get the end though.

**•• apologies, typed from phone ••**

The only horror stories i hear are people not lifting correctly, or people trying to lift too heavy and show off. It's one of the best compound lifts you can do IMO. Clean and jerk is very good also, I don't train with snatch, gym isn't big enough for me to attempt throwing weight over my head.

Some nice weights there guys, what sizes are you? I'm 6'5" and 240lbs

Last edited:
6'5" 320lbs.

I don't really work out but im as strong as a horse.

Bench - 360 lbs
Deadlift - Hurt my lower back, and havent done since. Was at 360 lbs
Squat - 300 lbs.
I am 5.8 and 230 pounds atm.

Just maxed bench last night at 315 lbs
I injured my back a few years ago so I dont squat over 275 lbs
Due to not wanting to injure my back again i just rep deadlifts at lower weights.

I am currently 220 lbs (wanting to cut to about 205 for the summer)

I am 5' 11"

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread but im 6'5" and have a very large frame. What weight do you guys think i should trim down to?

OMG

gayest thread i've seen yet!! grats...oh n demonh2...kk thanks would like it if u got down to ur 8th grade size..he luvs them lil boys /jk

I'm like 5'11 and 210 but I need to put on more muscle. I'm currently taking some products that I sell myself that have seemed to help make a big difference.

Not to hijack the thread but im 6'5" and have a very large frame. What weight do you guys think i should trim down to?

250-265 would be a good walking weight for you.

I am 6'4-6'5 but more athletic build then a bulk build and I am walking around at 220-225 right now. Just started lifting about 2 weeks ago. Hope to stay that weight if not drop down to 215-220, still have a lot of body fat I can burn. probably at around 18% still need to do a BMI.

As for deadlift, nothing bad about it. Just as said don't try to show off and use proper form. The guys I work out with do not deadlift so I don't deadlift. It is one of the best all around lifts. Works more muscles then just about any other lift you can do.

225x20 is a pretty decent lift. Currently only get it 4 times. But by begging to end of summer I want 275 x4 at least.

Last edited:
Really? You think that high? I havent been that low in many years so i don't know what I would look like.

Also Im going on a cruise in July so im trying to shape up for that, hoping to lose 80lbs before then, i don't think it will be too hard.

So are you guys training for sports or particular goals?
Im aiming to very heavy on my deadlifts and then be doing some amateur competitions by mid next year. And ive started back up rugby again, i used to play for my county :)

@Demon ---

i know you americans dont work in "stone" but bare with me !

at 6'5" im just under 18 stone. (14lbs per stone) and im a large framed guy. Demon you weigh in at over 22stone, which is, over here at least considered pretty large, if you dropped 3 stone. You would be in the "big" guys range.

The 'Average' tall guy (6'3" - 6'7") usually are around 15stone tops (210lbs) and thats considered well built, its generaly considered that being my weight is 'overweight' but ive not even got lovehandles, so its all relative to how you carry the weight, and that again is case-by-case.

3 stone is 42lbs, noone here can really give you an ideal weight though, your tall, but we dont know your frame, so its whatever you feel comfortable at, at 249lbs, i feel i need to still bulk up some more, i want to be nearer 260lbs.

The above is not meant to be misconstrued as offencive Demon! <3

Last edited:
1.) You can't offend me if you tried. Trust me.
2.) I am perfectly aware im fat
3.) Thankfully im not really roly poly fat yet =p
ogrevsgnome.jpg

4.) thanks for the words.

Back when I took weight training semi seriously, meaning I stuck with it for more than 9 months, I was able to bench 360 x 5, deadlift 550 x5, squat was weak at 500 x5, and the sitting military press I was able to do 350 x5. I never valued a "max lift" idea of training. I was around 6'4" 245 lbs with around 6-8% bodyfat, easily enough that wouldnt make me feel like shit, but enough that made me think twice about being around sharp objects that could pop open a vein.

If your looking for the actual routine, my example bench would be something like this (flat bench only, incline and decline would be similiar weights and reps)

warm up: 135 x50, 225 x40, 275 x20, 305 x15, 325 x10, 335 x8, 345 x6, 360 x5 Each rep set was continuous reps, not like sets of 10 until I hit those numbers.

Squats I would warm up using the sled machine since squats suck. Since I didnt have to also lift my bodyweight, and the motion allows higher numbers anyway, I would start at 500 lbs, then eventually work up to 1000 lbs for 5 sets of 20 before hitting the actual squat rack.

Hehe, good good :)

Well can tell right away from your frame, if you dropped 3 stone you would look rediculas. 20lbs might be about right tbh. :p

I use to lift, run and swim religiously. I rememeber when the downword spiral started. 'Let's just swim 1000 yards today so I can get level 17!'

I have a gym membership at 24 hour fitness, was $529 for 3 years and then $49 a year there after. Covers all their "sports" level gyms any location. The first 2 years I had it, I think I used it a total of 10 days. Third year, not at all. I paid the $49 to keep it going, because that's nothing really. This year, I used it for maybe 1 months worth now, but fell off the wagon again recently with getting ready to move, deployments (I cannot believe it, I have like 36 days left before I need to move and I am going deployed for a week or two because there are not enough people in my crew slot...but Obama says we are overmanned) and because I really seem to have gotten lazy.

When I get to California, I am looking to get an apartment within walking distance to a 24 hour gym. I picked my current living arrangements to make it easy to get to work, but that made it so, I have a hard time getting anywhere else. When I was done with work, sure home was 5 minutes away, but to go anywhere...like stores or gyms...was at least a 10 mile drive through heavy traffic city streets and then getting back is durring rush hour traffic, ...well, I am rambeling. Anyway, I am now looking to make it so I can get to a gym with zero effort, because that was one of my main excuses to miss it. Figure getting to work, I kinda have no choice, so lets make getting to recreational places the priority for my next living location.

Really? You think that high? I havent been that low in many years so i don't know what I would look like.

Also Im going on a cruise in July so im trying to shape up for that, hoping to lose 80lbs before then, i don't think it will be too hard.

6'5 with your frame you would look good at 255-265 even better at 240-250. Would give you what I think is a good lean/muscle look

So are you guys training for sports or particular goals?
Im aiming to very heavy on my deadlifts and then be doing some amateur competitions by mid next year. And ive started back up rugby again, i used to play for my county :)

Started MMA/Taekwando a few months ago. So trying to put on some muscle for the MMA, next fight is in May and want to knock the guy out instead of just submit him.