Bodybuilding

Well the first 30 days I couldn't do any lifting nothing over like 15 pounds because of the surgery. Then i just got lazy and have not gone back thats typically how it starts.

Core work out without stress on the back. Swimming, water resisted leg raises for two simple ones if you have a gym membership or a pool to swim laps in.

Came down with bad tonsillitis on Saturday, now ive got 10days worth of antibiotics to use, and to rest. Apparently the doctor thought i looked exhausted, when i told her how many hours work/college i do a week. She signed me off!

Started working out again serious this week. Did deadlifts and feeling the burn! I love it!

Good dude! Im gutted i cant train this week. and then my gym is closed next week. Its all going to suck ass :(

Was in the gym today, just a pre-Xmas workout. Little motivation but just went in with the intention of some heavy lifting. Ended up doing Rack pulls (Half deadlifts) and got upto 425lbs! can really feel the ache!

Was the first time in a couple of years that ive done them, and i cant think why i dont do them regularly anyways.

Merry Christmas MMOBodybuilders!!

Last edited:
Urgh. Back in the gym after a christmas off.

I can say im definitely feeling the DOMS. Did arms on Weds and Back yesterday. Im almost unable to move!

How have you guys got back into it? Lightly? :)

I did for a week and then my free trial @ the gym ran out, so i have to wait until i get back home lol.

I won't be back in a gym for a while, had knee surgery over Christmas. ACL reconstruction, partial meniscus removal, and repair of the other meniscus. On crutches for 4 more weeks, full recovery in a year /sigh

I recently started "bodybuilding" but I am a complete noob and weakling. Although I am 6'2" 205, I swear there is no muscle, just silly putty. Im 20%+ BF so I have a long ways to go. I'm just lifting right now, not bulking and not cutting. I am not sure what my maintenance is yet. I want to get bigger, but I want to see if I can remain the same weight, while losing the belly fat. I'll adjust it later as needed.

For those wondering, I am on a messageboard for bodybuilding and it is very helpful (and free, of course) but it has many, many professionals giving advice etc. They have a section where members can put workout journals. Here is mine...

Work Out Journal

Be nice, I know I'm not lifting big weights, but they are heavy to me.

Bench -- 280lbs
Squat -- 360lbs
Deadlift -- 365lbs

Im now weighing in at 19stone 5 lbs. Which for you yanks is 271lbs !!
Keeping my diet good, eating around 250g protein a day at least ( Approx 1gram / lb of bodyweight) I know you should really use Lean body mass when calculating your protein intake, however, I cant be arsed to calculate, accurately my BF%. Anything my body doesnt need, it just gets rid of, at least i know im hitting the very max my body can process.
Another 8 weeks left on this bulking cycle (Around 3700 calories a day) before I start cutting. Pics to come soon!

Im participating in a local MMA amateur event next month. So if I can get the video for that, I'll upload it. JimJohnson... I challange you to an International MMOBUGS unclassed belt fight! :p

Krugerr

Last edited: