Bodybuilding

Great advice, thank you Krug..as for the links, they work as far as I know, but I'm too tired to register for an account so will give more info later on..any more advaice is very welcomed and appreciated, thanks

The p90x workout is intense, and it really works.. But if you dont put forth the effort you wont go anywhere.

I'm at a steady 240-245 right now and I'm 6'2ish.., dropped from 260ish in about a month and a half to 2 months, been trying to tone up but my mid section doesn't seem to be having any ofit, lol...any pointers as to what I can do to tone my mid section? I've been trying leg lifts (laying on my back with a rolled up towel under my tail bone for some lift from the ground) and it seems to be burning and all that but not toning up hardly at all, can tell some slight results but nothing really.. I'm not exactly on the healthiest diet due to where I work (Manager at McDonald's LOL). Friend of mine did use P90X and he went from 310ish to about 245-250 and almost all muscle now, very cut and defined, I thought about trying that but I don't have the $120 to spend on it, would much rather do it the cheap and OLD FASHINOED way...lol since im cheap like that...so, my question is..I need some home workouts that can be done without weights or anything, strictly "jail house style" stuff...here is a picture of me taken a lil bit ago, my arms used to be 18.3inches while I was playing football in high school (I've never been a small guy, at all). Tonight they measured at 15.10 inches (ugh)...Any advice is well taken, weather it be workouts, diets or whatever...

-Mori

My wife and I both do P-90X and it has helped alot, you dont need to pay for it just go to piratebay.org and get the torrent, its about 32 gigs. You can also DL the diet guide and such there i believe. The cardio on it is insane, plymetrics (sp) kicks my ass hard and the wife just laughs at me. My nephew was trying to get in the military and he was abit over the weight and i got him using it and in less then a month he lost 11 pounds.

For some of the earlier loose skin posts, after 2 pregnancy, stretch marks included, the best thing the wife found to help with them is vitamen E oil. About 3 months use they were hard to see at all after 6 months there all but gone. I ust to rodeo and was in really good shape, after marriage and 2 kids i had lost alot of mass and tried the E oil and it worked for me also. But anywho :)

I like reading these kinds of posts, good info and suppourt.

mori abs are 80% diet 20% work. start eating clean for a month or two and you'll start seeing a noticeable difference. weighted abs are good too. i never really had abs til i started doing weighted abs then the top ones started showing. you really have to be a health nut to get the lower ones to get showing but once you get your metabolism used to bein fast from eating 5-7 healthy meals a day you can start eating worse and not lose it as fast. chicken breast + george foreman + random spices are what i ate for a lot of my meals. and abs are depressing, a few bad days of eating = 1 month to get back to where you were lol. this is just what i got out of my ab experience! good luck

oh and p90x is like 6-7 days a week so if your disciplined enough to do it, it will definitely work for cutting up

sounds like i'd make it halfway through the introduction speech before i quit p90x

its not that bad, you should give it a shot especially if weight loss is your goal. for each exercise in the program it gives you a easy/medium/hard version of it so there is stuff for everyone. it'll be a struggle for the first week or two but you'll notice improvements fast and build your way up to more reps and harder exercises. you make it as hard as you want and programs like this make it more fun to keep going along with. imo it beats jogging

If you cannot do the full work out to start just do the yoga x + kenpo x or yoga + cardio. Then start to add in other discs.

You wont see your lower abs until you are sub 12% body fat unless you do high weight to make them pop out. But that doesn't give you true ab strength just size. For looking pretty its cool I guess but I would rather have a little baby fat and rock hard core then ripped abs that look nice but don't perform as well as they look.

if anyone wants the p90x ill burn you dvds and ship them to you at basically cost of the light scribe dvd + shipping. So most anywhere in the US would be about 20$ total.

if anyone wants the p90x ill burn you dvds and ship them to you at basically cost of the light scribe dvd + shipping.

JJ, i thought better of you! LS... really?... Ive never seen a Lightscribe writer thats actually worth the extra dollar, you pay more for the reader/writer and the discs, and all for a shit image on the top!

/derail off

As mentioned, You need to be low bodyfats to get your lean abs to show, you can do weighted abs for solid abs as well, just remember, train in proportion, overtraining certain muscles will start to deform your posture.
Abs are secondary to pretty much any lift you do, so if your training, your core is going to have a pretty good base level anyways.

But you need to be really lean to be getting the line that cuts across yourhips to your groin, and to get the obliques showing. Which sucks, for me to get these to show, id have to diet for half a year :p

~ Side note, just started dieting, going to cut 14lbs-18lbs over the next month or so then get back on toning up, ive been powerlifting for 5 months and put on 15lbs !

Last edited:
know of any exercises to use weights for lower abs? only weighted machine i have at my school gym is a stand up strap over shoulder machine.

know of any exercises to use weights for lower abs? only weighted machine i have at my school gym is a stand up strap over shoulder machine.

Weighted crunches, or, do you have the leg raise machine like the one pictured below? If you do, grab one of the powerbags or velcro weights (Can be found over on the light weight / core section of the gym, usually with the inflatable balls and balance balls) Attach it to your ankles and do leg raises to 90degrees.

Otherwise, stick to the shoulder abs crunch machine, they are pretty good, a little limited on the range of movement usually, but pretty good. You'll have to train side abs seperatly without weights unfortunatly. Well, at least, i havent found a way to do them with weight.

191gm.jpg

Impact machine adjust it high and use the Y Rope get on knees facing machine and curl your self in. You can do it on same machine used for cable flys.

The ls really is not that bad. You dont need them fancy pictures just a simple one line. That is not even doing best light scribe just poor/normal

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Great..thanks guys, I'm sure with all of this input I can get something going right..

@Demon, If you don't think you can keep up with P90X, try just the regular P90...P90X is a more intense routine for dropping weight over a 90 day period (hence why its called Power90) then once your keeping up good with P90 and it seems like a breeze, move to P90X to tone even more and cut up some..JJ, how much do you think it would be to do the P90X dvd thing you were talking about, I currently have a lifetime warranty on P90 and since the move I had lost them but all I have to do is call BeacBody and have them send me some new ones..

How much weight would I lose on that plan in 90 days?

I drop around 4-5 lbs a week now just cutting calories.

Depends how much effort you put in, but 4-5lbs a week without a regime. Judging from what ive read / heard about the p90x, you could be dropping double that if you really whack in the effort, just be careful, its not healthy to loose the weight to fast, keep an accurate diary of your weights and speak to your doctor.

Honestly, dropping 5lbs a week is already plenty.

On P90 you drop fat and gain muscle to be more specific..also, if you do the P90 program do it in these orders for best results and that way you move yourself up to the next dvd set when your done with one and keeping up with it and not getting too worn out fromm it..P90, P90X, Insanity...If your considering this Demon, I would recommend going to www.beachbody.com and reading some of the success stories, tips and hints and whatnot...there are also before and after pics at 1 week, 30days, 60days, 90days so you can see how each dvd set transforms the body..

Edit: here is one from p90x http://teambeachbody.com/winkwon

Last edited:
Watch cutting calories, it works short term but is horrible long term. Its not so much the calories you need to cut. More of what type you eat. Some foods require 3-4 x the energy to burn off as others. These calories are good even though some of them are high.

Eating 3-4k calories a day in mostly power foods is just as good as skimping on your food overall and eating 1.5k-2k. You will also have more energy. Fatigue starts to set in after awhile if you really drop calorie intake. At least for me it always has.

Also, if anyone knows of any good downloadable eating plans, got a link?

JJ makes a good point on the calories, supplement your diet with healthier foods and you can eat more. Lots of vegetables, handful of nuts etc,
For my diet im just cutting 500 calories a day, combined with some Hi-Intensity training, 2x 30mins sessions a day.

Cooked foods are more easily broken down in the stomach, and ultimatly less energy is used to break them down, resulting in more energy gained from the foods, fruits and nuts etc will fill you up, but the feeling of fullness is a quick fix, you will get a sugar rush and then be left with the same lethargic feeling 20mins later. (Was reading recently about the effects cooking had on cavemen!!)

@ Mori ~~ I use this site for all my downloads, if they dont have it, post in the request section, they have members that activly go hunt for shit! Also a very good community for other aspects.

http://www.warez-bb.org/

Last edited:
I didn't see it mentioned but if anyone cares the reasoning behind eating smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours a day is because around the 3 hour mark your body begins to go into a starvation mode and starts to store fat, because it is not sure when the next meal is coming. Also as mentioned once you begin to hit the sub-15% body fat range it becomes strictly diet at that point. Doing weighted repetitions of abs will do nothing, but bulk your abs up and push that "bloated" look out. You need to reduce the amount of fat that is there and that is done by dieting. When losing weight your body loses fat from your outer extremities then inwards towards your abs. Many people have the misconception that if you work out your abs you will burn the fat there; thats wrong. Trust me if your looking for definition do not do the heavy weights if there is fat in that area. You will just bulk up. Once the fat is gone you will see definition, then at that point increasing weight will increase the amount of definition because the muscle fibers will become more dense and more of them will be in that area.

Last edited:
I didn't see it mentioned but if anyone cares the reasoning behind eating smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours a day is because around the 3 hour mark your body begins to go into a starvation mode and starts to store fat, because it is not sure when the next meal is coming. Also as mentioned once you begin to hit the sub-15% body fat range it becomes strictly diet at that point.

To build on this good point we somehow left out. First place fat builds is what most people know as your love handles. You also burn more energy digesting food and turning it into energy vs digesting food into fat.

Side note chewing slower makes you get full faster on smaller meals. Most of the time we shovel food down and we bi pass the full line on or bellies and just keep eating. Slower eating allows us to tell our bodies we are full when we actually get full vs overloading yourself.

To lazy to upload a picture but just uploaded my fight from Feb you can see my build, I have toned up a lot since then though.

http://tinypic.com/m/9hjdrn/2

Last edited: