Android wear

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
So I'm a huge android fan and have been looking into android wear watches. I know there are many different brands of watches, from Asus to samsung to the moto360. I am curious if anybody here on the forums has one and if so how they like it / list some features.

I have the Gear S and I love it. its great for when I am half asleep and leave my phone at home when dropping the kids off @ school or go running or whatever .... well I kid ... I don't run.

but I do love it. The app selection is a bit shallow right now but its got some cool features and texting and responding to emails is nice. I wish it was water proof rather than water resistant. When I am going to be near or in the water I just bust back out my kickstarter edition pebble.

What would you like to know about them ?

I had one for a little while, but I couldn't find any practical usefulness to it that I couldn't easily do with my phone already to warrant me having another 300 dollar device that has to be charged every night. I'm a pretty big gadget nut too, really bad about buying gadgets just to play with for a little while and then never use again lol.

But the android wear watches I just couldn't see anything useful about to even play with really. I used it to tell the time which I could easily do with my phone already, and occasionally to look at notifications on. But the screens are really to small to give you much information on the notifications or to actually read notifications on, so you have to get your phone out for that anyway.

I did play with the navigation on it once, and while neat and somewhat convenient, not enough to warrant wearing it all the time.

Just my opinion on it though.

I use the nav alot. The voice control is nice while driving S-Health is great for tracking workouts weather widget is nice quick tip calculator compass and quick glance at the news while am standing in line somewhere ect.

Sorry for late response, been driving all day. The charging every night isn't a big deal to me, I charge my phone every night all ready. How bad is the app selection on them? I've seen some of the watches but I'm just not quite sure functionality of them in everyday life, or if there is a reason to have one other then say a normal watch. I have a fitbit surge right now but ts having some issues, and honestly not really sure I I've used it for the actual purpose of the watch. It's decent but half the time notifications never show up, supposed to be able to read text, but only worked a little bit.

Imgregrice - did you lok at any point f the other watches like motor 360, the Asus one, or even the Sony one?

Sorry for late response, been driving all day. The charging every night isn't a big deal to me, I charge my phone every night all ready. How bad is the app selection on them? I've seen some of the watches but I'm just not quite sure functionality of them in everyday life, or if there is a reason to have one other then say a normal watch. I have a fitbit surge right now but ts having some issues, and honestly not really sure I I've used it for the actual purpose of the watch. It's decent but half the time notifications never show up, supposed to be able to read text, but only worked a little bit.

Imgregrice - did you lok at any point f the other watches like motor 360, the Asus one, or even the Sony one?

I looked at the Asus one but I liked the Gear S better. The app selection was a little more robust and the screen was much better on the gear and I liked the over all feel of it more. The others I did not look at.