Adjustment to MQ2Melee?

revbungie

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if its possible to do something a little different with MQ2Melee such as having my monk automatically FD if he draws agro, wait about 3 seconds, stand back up, and continue attacking - then repeat.

Currently, he will FD if he gets to below aboout 30% life (but I still ahve to stand him up and then continue attacking) - but was wanting to do it more proactively if possible.

Thanks,

that's not really helpful because I have no idea what I would be doing to edit the code myself- I would just fuck it up to the point where it did nothing.

I was looking for some more help that simply pointing me to the wiki / search function.

I do not see anything in there that does what I want to do fully automagical.

yep - i so freaking lazy

I read that - its not gonna do what I want it to do (i think anyway) but I was going to try it.

something like this:

/feigndeath 100

I dont know if that means he will FD immediately and all the time cuz his health is 100% - or if it means he will fd only when agro, immediately - but I can certainly play around with the value.

I also see a stand command - to make him standback up if hes FD.

What I want is a way to make him do 3 things that are conditional upon getting agro:

1 - FD immediately (not after he has lost a certain % of health, but I gues you could set the value to something sufficiently high, like 80% or so)
2 - Stand up after a couple seconds (the stand command doesnt appear to have any values associated to timing, it either is on or off - I assume this means he will stand up immediately, which doesnt work for my purposes because I want to allow a certain time to elapse to give my tank enough time to generate enough agro to not have the monk gank it immediately upon standing)
3 - reingage mob (ie after he has lost agro).

These 3 things will repeat if he has / gets agro again.

Nothign in the wiki lets me do those 3 things that I can see - but I appreciate you posting what you did, even though I am too lazy to read the wiki....which I obviously did.

Seems to me you are the one that did not read what I want to do, because what you posted doesnt allow me to do it.

If you are going to help someone, please keep it nice.

No offense, but reading the wiki, or the sample files, or even trying some settings on the command line would have answered this question. That being said...

Code:
/melee feigndeath=X
He will FD if his health goes below X.
Code:
/melee standup=1
That will allow mq2melee to stand your monk up.
Code:
/melee resume=X
Your monk will go back to attacking once his health is above X.
Code:
/melee backoff=X
Your monk will stop attacking (though not FD) if health is below X.

Note that you can do all this in one line:

Code:
/melee standup=1 feigndeath=30 resume=80 backoff=50

And if you want it to save those settings for next time...

Code:
/melee standup=1 feigndeath=30 resume=80 backoff=50 save

Again -

Its not going to do what I want - perhaps there isnt a way to do it.

What I want to do is tied to agro - not to HP level of my monk.

I want to:

1 - FD if he gets agro
2 - Stay FD for a set period of time (say 3 seconds or whatever I want to set it to).
3 - Stand back up after that said time has elapsed, and reengage mob.

The rest of the stuff is really nice, and valuable, if my monk is taking a beating and I want to save his life.

What i want is to try to prevent that beating from happening by making him auto-fd if he gets agro.

Again -

Its not going to do what I want - perhaps there isnt a way to do it.

What I want to do is tied to agro - not to HP level of my monk.

I want to:

1 - FD if he gets agro
2 - Stay FD for a set period of time (say 3 seconds or whatever I want to set it to).
3 - Stand back up after that said time has elapsed, and reengage mob.

The rest of the stuff is really nice, and valuable, if my monk is taking a beating and I want to save his life.

What i want is to try to prevent that beating from happening by making him auto-fd if he gets agro.

What you're describing cannot be done with this plugin as it exists. You might be able to approximate something like it via holyshits, but I suspect you won't do too well. Sorry.

So are people too lazy to make macros now or what? You don't even need to use MQ2Melee AT ALL to do what you're asking.

Code:
Sub Main

:Loop
/if (${Me.Aggro}=TRUE) {
   /doability "feign death" 
  /delay 3s
  /stand
/stick on
/delay 3s
/stick off
/attack
}
/goto :Loop

You code make one 50x better than that, I just wrote that off the top of my head assuming you have MQ2MoveUtils. But come on stop being lazy and asking for an update on a plugin when you can just get a simple macro. Also I don't know what the command is exactly for aggro, like I said just wrote that off top of my head.

Well, I think perhaps it can be done with just the plugin and a feignif..

First set feigndeath=100
Then something like this in the ini:
feigndeathif=${If[${Melee.GotAggro},1,0]}

Now that I'm looking at the wiki I see that feigndeathif actually doesn't exist.. Otherwise this could perhaps have done the trick

I would use holyshits for that.

PHP:
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Feign Death]} && ${Me.PctHP}<80 && ${Melee.GotAggro}) /multiline ; /doability ${Me.Ability[Feign Death]} ; /timed 30 /stand
Might wanna run this melee command:

PHP:
/melee aggro=off backoff=40 feigndeath=40 falls=off save
Not sure if this would work or not, I don't have a monk to test it on.

Ill try that clopchops - and thank you for your feedback - but i gotta say WTF!!!?!

This is the "requests and questions" forum is it not? WTF am I being called "lazy" just because I ask a freaking question if something is doable?

I really don't get it - I pay my money just like the rest of you jokers - I can ask a freaking question without being jumped on by people calling me lazy and shit - man.

I called myself lazy as sarcasim (sp?) because bartab's post right above mine where I said that was a post saying "Quit being so fucking lazy" or something like that.

After DT said "be nice" bartab then changed his post and took the "quit being lazy" comment out.

The wiki is well written. People are just referring you to it because you could take 20 mins to read the whole thing and have a better understanding on what you can and cannot do with mq2melee.

I'd think the holyshit section could help you with what you are trying to do.

You came and asked for help. People pointed you in the right direction as to where your help is. Asking for help != do it for you.

Asking for help != do it for you.

Thats all fine and dandy - and Im willing to do legwork myself.

I read through the wiki for mq2melee and it didnt appear to have the command structure that I needed to do what I wanted.

the post about the holyshit thing is the first time I have heard of that - good information.

However - asking for help != giving it along with a backhanded comment about being lazy either.

People are just too ready to call someone else a lazy ass or whatever to make themselves feel good, imo.

Yes, MQ2Melee can be used to do what you're asking, you'll have to code it through the holyshit flags. Depending on how you use your monk you could do something like

holyshit0= /if (${Melee.GotAggro}) /feign

That's only a basic idea and you can easily throw other statements into that if statement to make it more robust. As long as you have standup set, Melee should stand you back up almost instantly after you FD (no real need to wait with the exception of the stun bug, in which case you're not taking much dmg anyways and will FD again in 4 seconds).

My SK got the dreaded "MQ2Melee Feign Death Failure" message 4 straight times the other evening. I kept watching the greyed out icon and bashing his FD key continually :)