Account password recovery

eqisdead

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm not the original owner of this account but I have had it over 2 years with no problem whatsoever with it. My wife and I separated seven weeks ago and I haven't had a pc to play eq on until two days ago. I tried logging in with the username and password I have listed for the account and it doesn't work. My wife doesn't play eq so I don't think she changed it, I've checked with friends and according to them they haven't ever seen the account logged in. Sony's link to forgotten password doesn't work for me, is there any other way to recover it than going through a support phone call in which I may or may not be able to tell them everything they want to know?

eqisdead

Do you have the info to go through the customer service stuff? Or any of the info at all other than the log in?

I have the secret answer and I purchased the latest expansion on it but I must have gotten it like a year and a half ago now that I think about it, it had a 2 year prepay on it and the billing isn't up yet. I also know the previous owner and have his email address etc but he wasn't the original owner either.

eqisdead

Phone number

Phone support is available Monday through Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm PST, except holidays, at 1-858-537-0898

I know about the phone support I just didn't want to call in for support, then figure out I didn't have enough information and them suspend or ban it.

eqisdead

I know about the phone support I just didn't want to call in for support, then figure out I didn't have enough information and them suspend or ban it.

eqisdead
You've got the perfect premise to call them though: The split with your wife, she kept all the records, you're not 100% sure what card she used before the one you have on file now, yada yada Plus you know the secret answer - thats a big factor.

Give them what you do know and worst case they'll tell you to contact your bank and get a number or something - agree that thats what you'll do and go your merry way but in my experience they'll do what they can to work with you. An 18 month history with them is pretty good. These days all theyre looking for really is about 2 yrs

Anyone else got any ideas or know anyone at soe who might be able to assist with this? I wasn't the one who paid for the 2 years so even though I've had it, the only reason they would have my card on file is because I bought the latest expansion. They didn't care that I have the secret answer at all or that the account hadn't been logged in in over two months :(.

Eqisdead