A little advice please

the_great_one

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Ok, the other day I grouped with someone I knew from a guild I was in previously. Anyway, I always assumed this guy was a legit player and prolly wouldnt even know what MQ was if he heard it from people in game. To make a long story short, we grouped up and this guy is warping all over. We werent the only ones in the zone (other group was on the other side of the zone tho) but he was /fading when his invis dropped, warping to quest npc's and on multiple times, he even warped right to me or one of my bots. I never actively hack with others around and have never mentioned I hack to him or anyone I know in game. So, my question is this, how would YOU handle this situation? Would you ignore it and wait for him to get busted/called out by others, would you tell him to tone it down by saying you use MQ too, would you just ask him how is he doing those things? etc etc.

For reference, in the 3 hours grouping, this guy /faded agro 5+ times, warp succored at least 5 times, /zoned to an adjacent zone 3 or 4 times, and I wont even count the times he warped to me or npc's, but it had to be 50+ times on his 3 characters.

Once again, just wanting to know what YOU as an MMOBugs member would do in this situation.

You could call him out on it without point out you use it. When you see him suddenly appear , ask him how he did that. Or , ask him how he got to the zone so fast

You could know what he's doing was "cheating" without having to admit to using MQ. Especially when it's that obvious. He's completely dissing you by behaving that way, unless somehow he has reason to think he already had your approval.

I''d tell him he's being blatantly and suicidally obvious and then I'd drop the group because, as no doubt you know, you can get as much grief from being grouped with a hacker as the hacker gets for using hacks.

Reminds me of a guy I used to group with. He played a wizard but always seemed to have rather precise knowledge of where and when named mobs would spawn. I wasn't using MQ at all then, wasn't even sure what it was, so I used his info to pull but I never asked more questions than I needed to get the job done. Of course, all he used was the map tracking and he used that very discretely.

Last edited:
Im sure he knows by reading ur post now.

If he's one of the smart ones using this site, then thats possible lol

As for the previous posts, I'm mainly wanting to tell him to tone it down so he doesnt get busted. He's always been a good guy and I'm not the type to report people for using regardless of what they are doing since I can always xp/camp in instanced zones and let people do w/e they want in open zones. Also, when people have started similiar threads about this topic, it always seems the response of the accused/questioned person is that they go on some psycho-nerd-rage-bi polar episode. Basically, I dont want him to go all "willywaka" on my ass.

If he's one of the smart ones using this site, then thats possible lol

As for the previous posts, I'm mainly wanting to tell him to tone it down so he doesnt get busted. He's always been a good guy and I'm not the type to report people for using regardless of what they are doing since I can always xp/camp in instanced zones and let people do w/e they want in open zones. Also, when people have started similiar threads about this topic, it always seems the response of the accused/questioned person is that they go on some psycho-nerd-rage-bi polar episode. Basically, I dont want him to go all "willywaka" on my ass.

Hahahaha.

I'd say ask him how he's doing these things, and if he gives you a bullshit answer, just tell him to tone it down. If he continues, I'd probably take the position of not wanting to group with him unless he complies because of inherit risk someone else is going to bitch and report, check him, and see you associated.

Interesting situation to say the least. I do things (warp, zone, etc) when grouped with other people, but as a general rule I only play that shit with people that I either know IRL or that I know are users and cool with it. The other thing - I always at least have the respect to ask my non-hacking friends if they would prefer that I not...

BC

LOL @ him X2 and let it pass. seriously, it IS just a video game and he will probably get caught by sony.

other than that..there are alot of people who cheat n don't give two shits about who see's what where n when. but i guess its all in perspective

@@ <---2cents.