Zones like Mech Guardian

jestisp

Reaction score
Are there any other task zones people can think of slightly higher or equal level to Mech Guardian one where I can farm it over and over and get gear for my 75-80 players almost finished with Mech and am enjoying the task.

Omms would be a good source of both XP and gear. Boomerangs would continue on that theme. There are macros posted for both.

If you just want a zone that you can farm gear upgrades, try City of Dranik perhaps.

OMM thats the classics right, have yet to do one, you can get good gear from them? I assumed since you went down to level 50 you got junk for them. Maybe its something i need to look into, you need UF on all 3 accounts to do this right?

Yes to UF.
Yes to good gear. Old Man McKenzie
Yes to shrouding down for some of them. I don't remember all the various missions but they are all classic things in EQ.

i thought OMM's (classic missions) were a stand alone thing they added.. prior to UF but not part of any specific expansion.

yeah but i think you need SoD to do it...could definitely be wrong.

I was doing them on an account that only had up to TBS. The only requirement that I can tell is that you need an avg level of 80 to request them.

I was doing them on an account that only had up to TBS. The only requirement that I can tell is that you need an avg level of 80 to request them.

I not saying you are telling a lie. But My SOF account could not accept them until I upgraded to SOD. 1 lvl 80 3 lvl 85s, make over a lvl 81 average but would not let me request with the lvl 80 in group

At the time i was doing them I couldn't level the toon past 75 because the account only had up to TBS. got 400-500 aa on him doing MMs before i recently bought SOD for the account for $2.50 during that steam sale about a month ago. I don't know why it wouldn't let you run the OMMs but i'm sure at least as of about feburary/march while i was doing them you didn't need SOD

Problem with doing old man missions is the good gear needs to be unlocked by getting 7 raid flags from solteris and up. While this isn't too much of an issue with folks who raid, getting them as alts and such was a pita.

If your looking for something to just do over and over again. Boomerang seems the best to me.

Don't you actually have to complete the raids to unlock the gear?

You need to defeat 7 raids to request raids and also need to defeat whichever raid it is you want gear from to be able to buy it. So if you want gear from both raids will need to win both.