Wrist and Hand pain.....

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
So as a new expansion has just come out in the game I play, I noticed with my 12+ hour gaming sessions my right hand (one on the mouse) begins to hurt on the top of the hand, as well as the wrist.

I am curious what others do to relieve pain on the hands during LONG gaming sessions. I have started doing some stretches for those areas of the hands. The mouse pad I have does not have a wrist rest on it, so as of now my wrists sits on the desk with my elbow sitting on the chair arm rest (or even sometimes not resting on anything). I am trying to prevent repetitive stress injuries or carpal tunnel from having these long gaming sessions.

Any tips, tricks, and ideas would be amazing!

This vid is good:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPO-zST-7EE[/ame]

Can't find the video I used to stretch before SC2 game sessions, but that one was good as well. Had some specific keystroke exercises in that one.

I switched to a trackman marble mouse and automate everything I can.

Last edited:
masturbate with your left hand. problem?

What are you doing on the mouse?? using MQ2 you should be automating almost everything. What are you doing that causes you to use your mouse so much?

I switched to a trackman marble mouse and automate everything I can.

Trackballs for the motherfucking win!

masturbate with your left hand. problem?

It's the sock holder!

You may want to evaluate your posture while sitting and the positioning/angling of your arm and wrist.

Last edited:
I'll second zeros comment about a gel pad, it helps with supporting a good posture.

I used to do some fencing work and I would be doing awkward twisting and straining on my dominant hand, swapping to less when i could but not ambidextrous enough to do things fast enough. On bad days I would use a soft brace / strapping on my wrist when I came home to raid, but the first thing I did was the mouse pad which helped with posture, they wear out quick though really

Awesome, thank you all for the feedback! Going to look into some of these things and see if I can get it relieved. I've got so much stuff to do in the expansion lol