Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chaotika

Lifetimer
Reaction score
If Sony made a server that allowed all forms of Macroquest and Ghost killing, for us to play on, without the fear of losing our accounts, would you play there? Say they offered character transfers to this server for a week, so you could move your existing characters would you participate? This server wouldn't allow you to move off, ever, so it'd definately be your home, and after the first week of transfers no one else would be allowed to move there ever. Think of it as a Station Exchange for hackers, without the whole buying stuff for real life money..would you do it?

Sounds more like a server they would throw people into when they are caught cheating. I'm not sure how many people would enjoy playing with a bunch of cheaters.

Fry.

Maybe the fun of it for some people is trying not to get caught and getting stuff everyone else cannot get?

Was just something I was thinking about. Either play on regular servers and risk losing your account and having to look over your shoulder 24/7 or play on a server where you could basically do whatever the hell you wanted to. Not like you couldnt still cheat on live servers, but this way you wouldn't have to sweat GM's and people reporting you. In some ways I can see the benefit of it and in other ways I think it would be bad. The majority of websites anymore are a bunch of kids getting their rocks off from doing something they know they shouldn't be doing. So I'm sure if a server like this ever was implemented, they'd probably be more of a problem than people that bitch about us doing what we do.

Maybe the fun of it for some people is trying not to get caught and getting stuff everyone else cannot get?

Thats the thing though, they can get it with raiding guilds, they just choose not to do it legitly. If you want to stretch your epenis go join a raiding guild. No use flocking around in raid gear if you have to be worried about the questions that will come with it. I'm in a raiding guild, so I don't really have to worry about it, and I don't plan to be running out monking TSS so the gear I obtain for any of my characters is right on par with what my guild is raiding, so it raises less questions. Theres always 2 ways to do everything in life, and I hack as much as the next guy on these forums, but I don't do it because I want to get the thrill of doing something I know I'm not supposed to, if that was the case I'd just go have sex in a public place, much more enjoyable and a larger thrill.. it's because Im a dkp whore, and I don't want to spend the points on alts.:)

Thats the thing though, they can get it with raiding guilds, they just choose not to do it legitly. If you want to stretch your epenis go join a raiding guild. No use flocking around in raid gear if you have to be worried about the questions that will come with it. I'm in a raiding guild, so I don't really have to worry about it, and I don't plan to be running out monking TSS so the gear I obtain for any of my characters is right on par with what my guild is raiding, so it raises less questions. Theres always 2 ways to do everything in life, and I hack as much as the next guy on these forums, but I don't do it because I want to get the thrill of doing something I know I'm not supposed to, if that was the case I'd just go have sex in a public place, much more enjoyable and a larger thrill.. it's because Im a dkp whore, and I don't want to spend the points on alts.:)

Go play on an Emu server if you dont want to look over your shoulder

Your title fits you well sir.. I'm not saying I don't want to look over my shoulder 24/7, I do it every day, I'm basically hypothetically speaking. I was curious if something like this was implemented what the majority voice would be, that's the entire reason for the poll. There really isn't much of a reason to troll this thread, unless you're bored, or banned..or both.

Your title fits you well sir.. I'm not saying I don't want to look over my shoulder 24/7, I do it every day, I'm basically hypothetically speaking. I was curious if something like this was implemented what the majority voice would be, that's the entire reason for the poll. There really isn't much of a reason to troll this thread, unless you're bored, or banned..or both.

You win sir

PS
I hate you fry =(

This would be the ONLY server where every guild has killed OMM, even some guilds that have not even made it to QVIC. Of course certain mobs would be perma-camped. Everyone would complete their 2.0 in under 2 hours.

As a way for SoE to keep players that they banned -- instead of banning see if they would continue to pay and move them to this server ONLY. As an option like that it might not be so bad. I bet this server would attract people that had no other choice. You would have people warping every place 24/7 totally bots. Maybe a few non-bots but not many. Anguish access would cost $5. Demi like $10. Killplayer would be a very popular plugin.

The competition would eventually reduce the server to either a lagfest or a grief contest. With no restrictions on what is possible, I have no doubt we would see some fairly powerful plugins in full effect.

But man... with no restrictions or worries about who sees you trying what... I bet folks could discover some really sweetass bugs that could be applied to the regular servers.

ForceDuel while someone is trying to Kill a Named MOB... WOuld happen all to Commonly.... I could see it now... What what .. GKILL another monk or another toons healer.. I said I was camping here.. This is my zone get out... and GKill the person zoning into your zone.. I could see this happening easy..

No.

Cheating vs sony is a game.

Honestly, EQ is a BORING FUCK GAME. Step back and look at it. Any "game" built on timesinking is NOT fun.

But, when the game is "how many AA can I get without getting nabbed" or the like.. suddenly it's cops and robbers, and it's worth it.

Sounds strange, but I've played EQ for 6.5 years. And cheated for about 2. The game is a LOT more fun when it's not just banging yer head against the wall.

If it became "who can cheat the best" on a free server, it'd turn into "who has the most accounts and can mac them all". Screw that.

I could kill more shit than I do, but I solo. Pure solo. No f'king druid healer. No assistance. One toon. Enchanter. If I can't charm it, I can't bang it against the wall for exp. I don't care if you can box 57 toons and kill Ture. That's not the game I'm playing.

To each their own.

No.
Honestly, EQ is a BORING FUCK GAME. Step back and look at it. Any "game" built on timesinking is NOT fun.

Its funny the biggest complaints I get about any of the other games are the fact that its to trivial and no time needed to actually accomplish anything.

The Timesink made EQ the biggest game for what 5 years? Play football or a FPS online, or a RPG on a ps2/xbox if you want fast boring easy to beat games. MMORPGs should require time, its what makes them a challenge.