Will MQ work on Progression server beta?

Morx

Reaction score
Or is that gonna be something special with different offsets? Guess another weeks time will tell.

Thanks!

Or is that gonna be something special with different offsets? Guess another weeks time will tell.

Thanks!

Most likely since they stated they don't want to run different clients. It will use same as either test or live. Live being the most likely imo.

beta will probably use live client unless they do it like expansion betas.

We haven't seen a new test server client in over two weeks now, so they are holding some changes back there.

It will be interesting to see how they do it.

I'm almost certain it'll be the actual server that will be launched. The Ragefire server is already online, if you know where to look you can see its presence. I'm willing to bet they just bring it online (for all-access only members of course), have a 2-3 week "Beta" or whatever on it, then just wipe it and re-launch it when it's ready for release.

I'm almost certain it'll be the actual server that will be launched. The Ragefire server is already online, if you know where to look you can see its presence. I'm willing to bet they just bring it online (for all-access only members of course), have a 2-3 week "Beta" or whatever on it, then just wipe it and re-launch it when it's ready for release.

AS IN THE SUPER SEKRET SERVER SELECT SCREENZ

Oh cool, it is showing up on the server select screen now. Didn't notice that before.

Lol super secret.

I kinda figured it would just use the Live client. As said, will be interesting to see. It's been years since I was back into EQ, and boxing multiple toons with the help of MQ2, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone for the replies. See everyone around!

When it goes live it will use the live client, when its in Beta it will use the beta client...
There is no updated mq2 for the beta client atm, but I suppose I could update it if there is enough interest...

beta server is up, no time to test if we are up

When it goes live it will use the live client, when its in Beta it will use the beta client...
There is no updated mq2 for the beta client atm, but I suppose I could update it if there is enough interest...

Would LOVE for there to be a beta version! :)

Anyone tried the beta server? From what I've seen it doesn't look like to much of a difference from live.

Beta will run a MINIMUM of 2weeks, and it'd be nice to have a compile for BETA :rolleyes:!

Wooo I resubbed just for this.

<3 Fry :eek:

[edit]: Actually it says out of date with current version? MMOBugs has a patch for MQ2AutoRez.dll but it always fails and i have to hit "close". Any idea what that's about?

Last edited:
Wooo I resubbed just for this.

<3 Fry :eek:

[edit]: Actually it says out of date with current version? MMOBugs has a patch for MQ2AutoRez.dll but it always fails and i have to hit "close". Any idea what that's about?
They patched the server about 6 hrs after Fry and them released the MQ2 beta client... and yes the autorez plugin is having issues with patching or something.

Just wait for them to push out another update sometime today or tomorrow. (maybe =p)

I updated it for today's patch. If you still get that issue with MQ2AutoRez, let me know, but you can delete it from your MQ2 dir anyway, because it's no longer provided - MQ2Rez does it all.

htw